+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock in Soccer Saturday

Warnock in Soccer Saturday

Ranting about poor recruitment at Everton. Ironic to say the least.

Re: Warnock in Soccer Saturday

****ing hell that is ironic isn't it

Well he is speaking from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He's an horrible false ****

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    He's an horrible false ****
    Get off that fence Stan

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Recruitment at Everton who have been in the top flight of English football for 70 years is not really comparable with CCFC.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Get off that fence Stan

Maybe i was a bit harsh

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Recruitment at Everton who have been in the top flight of English football for 70 years is not really comparable with CCFC.
    Depends how you look at it. They spent as much as they could under FFP rules and got absolutely **** all to show for it, and I suppose we did the same under Colin. 🤷🏻*♂️

Out of his depth on there aswell- just like the Premier League.

The long term impact on our club from the Warnock tenure is significantly negative, particularly after he got us promoted.

I understand the argument at the time that he should be given a chance In the PL with us after the good work in getting on us promoted.. but it was all downhill from then, namely:

Didn't respect the academy or give any youngsters a chance
    Spaffed money on players he then ignored (when we needed every penny invested in first team players)
    Made his agent son and agent friends tons of money
    The football got more and more negative
    He stripped out the remaining pace and flair we had
    And his attitude became odious and unproductive.

It's amazing how some fans get easily bought off with a few passionate words.

I'm not a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    The long term impact on our club from the Warnock tenure is significantly negative, particularly after he got us promoted.

I understand the argument at the time that he should be given a chance In the PL with us after the good work in getting on us promoted.. but it was all downhill from then, namely:

Spaffed money on players he then ignored (when we needed every penny invested in first team players)

I'm not a fan.
    Neil Warnock bought them with a promotion.

Same fans who (rightly) disagreed with red and that promotion who knocked fans who were excited to see money put in (maybe naively)

He nearly got me undressed as well, but I kept my boxers on last minute.

I'm not a fan.
    What did our board and owner do while this was happening? Naff all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Completely agree!

He is not to blame alone.

Our club has been run appallingly.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He nearly got me undressed as well, but I kept my boxers on last minute.
    👀

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

I think Mehmet Dalman and Ken Choo have a lot to answer for with the mismanagement and careless recruitment that went on. Tan can’t be everywhere or know everything so he relied on these two who have shown they are not up to it. Yet they remain and so the fundamental issues are still present

Completely agree!

He is not to blame alone.

Our club has been run appallingly.
    That’s a bit harsh. After we beat QPR in the 2002/2003 play off final, we finished about 16th in our first season in the championship.
    Sunderland, Ipswich, Wigan, Rotherham, Crewe, Gillingham, Walsall, Bradford and Wimbledon were all in that division as well. Since then, they’ve all dropped down lower by 1 division, some by 2 and one gone out of Business.
    We were also in and out of the courts regularly, and accused of not paying a transfer fee by Motherwell..
    I’m not saying we’ve not wasted a shit load of dough, and could have been in a better position, but things could have been a lot worse as well,

The wiley old fox had them fooled didn't he.

👀

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    I think Mehmet Dalman and Ken Choo have a lot to answer for with the mismanagement and careless recruitment that went on. Tan can’t be everywhere or know everything so he relied on these two who have shown they are not up to it. Yet they remain and so the fundamental issues are still present

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    That’s a bit harsh. After we beat QPR in the 2002/2003 play off final, we finished about 16th in our first season in the championship.
    Sunderland, Ipswich, Wigan, Rotherham, Crewe, Gillingham, Walsall, Bradford and Wimbledon were all in that division as well. Since then, they’ve all dropped down lower by 1 division, some by 2 and one gone out of Business.
    We were also in and out of the courts regularly, and accused of not paying a transfer fee by Motherwell..
    I’m not saying we’ve not wasted a shit load of dough, and could have been in a better position, but things could have been a lot worse as well,
    Fair point.

cardiff city his greatest achievement

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-23665362

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    The wiley old fox had them fooled didn't he.
    I don't think it was so much a case of that. If I'm right, my understanding is that Tan, as with many businessmen from the far east, place a lot of trust in people they bring in. I think I've read that a few times. My total guess is that Warnock had earned a great deal of trust about his football knowledge from the first 18 months he was with us and was given more freedom to do what he wanted, in the belief from above that he would get things right.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    13th in our first season, 16th in our second, then Lennie was sacked and Dave Jones came in.

I get what you're saying, but I think it needs more info.

Sunderland and Wigan both returned to the Premier League after the 2004 season. Wigan had 8 seasons in the top flight.

Ipswich are a big club playing in League 1. The rest could hardly be described as Championship regulars, all arguably punching above their weight at the time.

That 2003/04 season saw Charlton finish 7th and Bolton finish 8th in the Premier League. Also there were Portsmouth. 4 other sides are now currently in the Championship. 6 other sides in the PL that season have been relegated to the Championship, 3 of those even went into League 1, but are now back in the top flight.

While it's fine to say things could have been worse, let's also look at how things could have been better.

In League 1 in 2003/04 were Brighton and Brentford, both PL clubs. Bournemouth, QPR and Blackpool were also there and have also made it to the PL.

In League 2 in 2003/04 were Hull, Huddersfield and Swansea, all sides that have played in the PL.

A quick glance at League 1 that season makes for interesting reading. Apart from the sides mentioned above, in the division that season were Wrexham, Chesterfield, Notts County, Rushden & Diamonds, Grimsby and Stockport. Luton were also there, prior to promotion to the Championship, relegation out of the football league and promotions back to the Championship.

13th in our first season, 16th in our second, then Lennie was sacked and Dave Jones came in.

I get what you're saying, but I think it needs more info.

Sunderland and Wigan both returned to the Premier League after the 2004 season. Wigan had 8 seasons in the top flight.

Ipswich are a big club playing in League 1. The rest could hardly be described as Championship regulars, all arguably punching above their weight at the time.

That 2003/04 season saw Charlton finish 7th and Bolton finish 8th in the Premier League. Also there were Portsmouth. 4 other sides are now currently in the Championship. 6 other sides in the PL that season have been relegated to the Championship, 3 of those even went into League 1, but are now back in the top flight.

While it's fine to say things could have been worse, let's also look at how things could have been better.

In League 1 in 2003/04 were Brighton and Brentford, both PL clubs. Bournemouth, QPR and Blackpool were also there and have also made it to the PL.

In League 2 in 2003/04 were Hull, Huddersfield and Swansea, all sides that have played in the PL.

A quick glance at League 1 that season makes for interesting reading. Apart from the sides mentioned above, in the division that season were Wrexham, Chesterfield, Notts County, Rushden & Diamonds, Grimsby and Stockport. Luton were also there, prior to promotion to the Championship, relegation out of the football league and promotions back to the Championship.
    In that time, we’ve had 2 seasons in the top flight, an FA cup final and a league cup final.
    I’m not defending the way our club has, and is being run,, and you can’t keep living in the past, but all in all, we’ve not had it bad since i started going down their in the mid 70’s.

He should have been sacked as soon as they reached the promised land. Everyone knew what was going to happen. And it did.