+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 quiz questions

Re: 2 quiz questions

Preston

We went thirty seven years without a regular season league win against the wurzels, so they’ve surely got to be one of them? QPR perhaps, maybe Luton?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We went thirty seven years without a regular season league win against the wurzels, so they’ve surely got to be one of them? QPR perhaps, maybe Luton?
    Yes, we went 17 games without a win against them from 1971 until a League cup win in 1992. We'd fail to win our next 7 against them until that playoff semi.

No to QPR and Luton.

The other side were hardly common opposition for us. We won 3 of our first 4 fixtures against them, then didn't win in 15.

I'm sure we beat the wurzles at ashton gate in an Anglo Scottish Cup game in about 1978

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I'm sure we beat the wurzles at ashton gate in an Anglo Scottish Cup game in about 1978
    I'd never heard of it. It looks like those games have not been counted as competitive fixtures. The competition itself only lasted 6 seasons, almost as a warm up before the start of the season.

We competed in it once, in August 1978. We beat Fulham at home but lost 1-0 to both Bristol sides away.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1978...o-Scottish_Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Today marked our first win over Reading after 12 games without a win against them.

1. Who are the only 4 City managers since WW2 to have managed 2 wins against Reading?

2. Against which 4 sides have we suffered our longest winless runs?
    We did the double over Reading in the 99/00 relegation season. But had Frank Burrows gone by the time we played them the second time?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'd never heard of it. It looks like those games have not been counted as competitive fixtures. The competition itself only lasted 6 seasons, almost as a warm up before the start of the season.

We competed in it once, in August 1978. We beat Fulham at home but lost 1-0 to both Bristol sides away.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1978...o-Scottish_Cup
    OK
    I was at the match I remembered it as a win
    I've just looked it up and we lost 1 nil.
    The old grey matter is fading.
    44 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    We did the double over Reading in the 99/00 relegation season. But had Frank Burrows gone by the time we played them the second time?
    Yes. Billy Ayre was manager for the away win.

This is a horrible thread mr half a bee. I hope your ancient injury results in you becoming one quarter of a bee soon.

Peterborough

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Peterborough
    Indeed. We went 15 without a win until Lennie's side beat them 3-0 at Ninian.

My clue of "hardly common opposition" was obviously missed as well (Posh).....

A bit off topic but yesterday seen the top 4 clubs in Wales all win on the same day, just wondered if that is a First