+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Casmeirio on Bale. Sense at last.

Casmeirio on Bale. Sense at last.

Re: Casmeirio on Bale. Sense at last.

nothing there, page removed.

Cheers. Not sire what it's been removed it's a link to a sky sports post.

Here you go https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...ng-gareth-bale

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Cheers. Not sire what it's been removed it's a link to a sky sports post.

Here you go https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...ng-gareth-bale

we know football fans are fickle as hell, but RM fans take it to a extreme

I cant imagine any fans in any club treating Bale differently I'm afraid. They pay high ticket prices to a man who earns £450,000 a week and that flag 'Wales.Golf.Madrid' was clearly incredibly disrespectful.

He's a Welsh hero, but lets not delude ourselves.

He should have left years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I cant imagine any fans in any club treating Bale differently I'm afraid. They pay high ticket prices to a man who earns £450,000 a week and that flag 'Wales.Golf.Madrid' was clearly incredibly disrespectful.

Perhaps the £450,000 contract that Real Madrid gave him is the reason he hasn’t left. Perhaps they need to revise the club’s negotiating skills and some criticism should be levelled at that department of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Perhaps the £450,000 contract that Real Madrid gave him is the reason he hasn’t left. Perhaps they need to revise the club’s negotiating skills and some criticism should be levelled at that department of the club.
    Yes, it is obviously the reason he hasn't left, and Real fans will know that too well.

I'm just saying, if someone was earning a comparatively huge sum at CCFC (lets say £60,000 a week), barely played, didnt seem to want to leave and then displayed a flag putting golf before Cardiff, I am pretty certain the Canton Stand would be unsympathetic.

Yes, it is obviously the reason he hasn't left, and Real fans will know that too well.

I'm just saying, if someone was earning a comparatively huge sum at CCFC (lets say £60,000 a week), barely played, didnt seem to want to leave and then displayed a flag putting golf before Cardiff, I am pretty certain the Canton Stand would be unsympathetic.
    If that player had won us 3 FA Cups a handful of League Cups and promotion to the Premier League and then acted like Bale I’d be very surprised if the boos weren’t a tiny minority. At the Bernabeu it’s the majority of the fans booing, the same fans who booed club legends like Ronaldo, Ramos, Casillas, Marcelo, Raul, etc.

The criticism and bad feeling towards Bale happened before the Wales Golf Madrid episode. The 'disrespectful' flag was a response to some of the flack he was taking at the time. The Spanish media and Madrid fans bile is way out of kilter with what we know about him. I suspect that he fell foul of Ronaldo's entourage and never saw the point in trying to fight it. Ronaldo signed in 2009. Real next won the CL in 2013 the season Bale and Modric were signed. Ronaldo and Bale were always in competition commercially. Ronaldo's team were better at media control than Bale's.

Agree that the Madrid fans can be idiots, but I always cringe a bit when I see some of the Welsh fans steaming in to defend him on the Madrid social media posts.
    Reminds me a bit of the Bangladeshi cricket fans who litter any barely related cricket posts with ravings on how shakib or mustafizur are gods.

For some of these people, a Madrid fan slating bale seems to be taken as personally as if their own mum was the target of abuse. Don't think I'll ever understand that kind of level of fanatical hero worship

You say that as if Madrid didn't treat Bale poorly before then. The treatment of Bale by Madrid's fans and their puppets in Marca has been disgraceful for some time. The flag itself was mocking what a Spanish pundit was saying about him

I wouldn't blame the player if the manager wasn't playing him.

He is good enough to play.

So is Hazard.