+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Season Ticket Holder No - shows

Re: Season Ticket Holder No - shows

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I have a season ticket and don’t go to every game as it’s a 350 mile round journey for me. I purchase a season ticket as it means I can sit next to my brother and mates ( who all have season tickets) and also see it as a way of supporting my football club. I usually attend at least 60% of the home games ( though it’s probably a lot less than that this season!) .
    I think your example shows perfectly why a lot have clubs have been vehement in their opposition to standing. The fact is at most clubs if you want to be guaranteed a seat next to your mates, you have to buy a season ticket. This has given clubs a guanteed income stream since the advent of all seater stadiums.

I'm the days of terracing this wasn't the case and so there was a lot more picking and choosing of games. There were massive fluctuations between clubs highest and lowest attendances in a way that you just dont see today. Look at some of the average compared to highest attendances back in the day.

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn.htm

I also think that this has massively affected the attendance at Cup games, especially in the early rounds as this is where fans will look to save money. I would love to see actual attendances reported personally and not just have season ticket holders automatically counted.

Aberdeen is my maternal family home, so I have a soft spot for the football team.
    I am surprised by the small size of the new stadium, given the potential there in Aberdeen.
    Mind I wouldnt blame them moving away from the beach. Bloody cold in Pittodrie when the eastenders wind blows, which is most of the time in the winter

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Aberdeen is my maternal family home, so I have a soft spot for the football team.
    I am surprised by the small size of the new stadium, given the potential there in Aberdeen.
    Mind I wouldnt blame them moving away from the beach. Bloody cold in Pittodrie when the eastenders wind blows, which is most of the time in the winter
    They are proposing to move even closer to the beach now! They'll be playing on a North sea oil rig next.

One ground I’d like to do actually, especially if it’s going.

As an aside anybody go to Barry v Aberdeen , eventful day that was.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    One ground I’d like to do actually, especially if it’s going.

As an aside anybody go to Barry v Aberdeen , eventful day that was.
    Sounds like a very windy home and away gig.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You appear to be assuming that people who leave their seat at half time are leaving the ground, whereas it is just as likely that they move seats, if the stadium isn’t full. Three people that sit just along from me do this regularly - they go to sit with other people they know in another part of the ground. People also move if the weather is bad.
    There is a woman by us who grasses movers to the stewards, ffs!