+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season Ticket Holder No - shows

Season Ticket Holder No - shows

Interesting piece of information in this article on Aberdeens new stadium (by the way - looks smart but 16-17,000 - which sounds like they are giving up ever competing with the Old Firm again).

Says 30% of Season Ticket Holders don't turn up each week. I know that Arsenal have similar issues, as they claim crowds of 60,000 but you can often clearly see loads of empty seats - IMO they should have to accurately report attendance, but that's another story.

What do you think it is down the City? I know a lot of family stand season ticket holders dont always show, partly because kids tickets are so cheap I guess. I can't imagine having a ST and not going to a third of games mind. Would be shocked if that's a common thing.

Is this the norm?!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59645936

Re: Season Ticket Holder No - shows

It's the same everywhere I guess.
    Season tickets are generally good value compared to buying individual tickets and having one removes the time and hassle of buying on a match by match basis. People have busier lives and more and more don't work a traditional 9-5 Mon-Fri pattern any longer, increasing the chances of something clashing with a game.

Reporting of attendances in the CCS is the opposite of the reported attendance at Ninian Park.

However I do agree with keeping an eye on the actual attendance of the heavily subsidised kids tickets (£50 ones).
    I get how it’s not always possible to take them mid week etc, so potentially they should be a surrender option and put back on for sale to keep the entitlement.

There are a few people who sit near me and I presume are season ticket holders who turn up to most games but leave their seats at half-time and don't return.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    There are a few people who sit near me and I presume are season ticket holders who turn up to most games but leave their seats at half-time and don't return.
    Have you tried Lynx?

its their choice , can you blame them

I have a season ticket and don’t go to every game as it’s a 350 mile round journey for me. I purchase a season ticket as it means I can sit next to my brother and mates ( who all have season tickets) and also see it as a way of supporting my football club. I usually attend at least 60% of the home games ( though it’s probably a lot less than that this season!) .

There’s 23 games a season and you really only need to go to about half to make your money back. I’m sure there’s quite a lot of casual fans with STs that miss less appealing games.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Interesting piece of information in this article on Aberdeens new stadium (by the way - looks smart but 16-17,000 - which sounds like they are giving up ever competing with the Old Firm again).

Says 30% of Season Ticket Holders don't turn up each week. I know that Arsenal have similar issues, as they claim crowds of 60,000 but you can often clearly see loads of empty seats - IMO they should have to accurately report attendance, but that's another story.

What do you think it is down the City? I know a lot of family stand season ticket holders dont always show, partly because kids tickets are so cheap I guess. I can't imagine having a ST and not going to a third of games mind. Would be shocked if that's a common thing.

Is this the norm?!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59645936
    The Aberdeen chairman talks sense. £4million per 1,000 seats appears really expensive, but it’s best to have a full bouncing stadium than one like ours.

Luton’s ground is small (10,300) but the atmosphere is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    The Aberdeen chairman talks sense. £4million per 1,000 seats appears really expensive, but it’s best to have a full bouncing stadium than one like ours.

Spot on and that’s why Wales succeed at the CCS.

Yeah, it's just pretty unambitious for a club that have won European trophies etc and may reasonably expect to get crowds above that. I get it though, numerous American sports teams have moved to new stadiums that are smaller as a means to drive up demand.

It's rare here though to move to a new ground that is smaller than what you currently have. Hibs and Hearts have both recently expanded to, up to around 20,000 so it would take Aberdeen from the third biggest ground to the fifth - I would just find that pretty underwhelming tbh.

Yeah, it's just pretty unambitious for a club that have won European trophies etc and may reasonably expect to get crowds above that. I get it though, numerous American sports teams have moved to new stadiums that are smaller as a means to drive up demand.

It's rare here though to move to a new ground that is smaller than what you currently have. Hibs and Hearts have both recently expanded to, up to around 20,000 so it would take Aberdeen from the third biggest ground to the fifth - I would just find that pretty underwhelming tbh.
    Aberdeen average attendances here - not as big as I thought

https://www.fitbastats.com/aberdeen/...attendance.php

Increasing the comfort of the corporate hospitality offering will make it appeal to a new audience.
    So there is merit there.

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    its their choice , can you blame them
    You appear to be assuming that people who leave their seat at half time are leaving the ground, whereas it is just as likely that they move seats, if the stadium isn’t full. Three people that sit just along from me do this regularly - they go to sit with other people they know in another part of the ground. People also move if the weather is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You appear to be assuming that people who leave their seat at half time are leaving the ground, whereas it is just as likely that they move seats, if the stadium isn’t full. Three people that sit just along from me do this regularly - they go to sit with other people they know in another part of the ground. People also move if the weather is bad.
    i know what i meant as i would move myself around the stand

That’s just the therapy. If they are having a bad week they go down to watch city, by half time they’ve realised how good their usual home life really is so trot off home, cured.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I have a season ticket and don’t go to every game as it’s a 350 mile round journey for me. I purchase a season ticket as it means I can sit next to my brother and mates ( who all have season tickets) and also see it as a way of supporting my football club. I usually attend at least 60% of the home games ( though it’s probably a lot less than that this season!) .
    Well done - it means the bloke with the big arse next to you can spread out a bit when you're not there........

Aberdeen average attendances here - not as big as I thought

https://www.fitbastats.com/aberdeen/...attendance.php
    Big club mind, and you dont have to go back far to see them getting crowds bigger than what their new proposed ground will be. It does seem unambitious. I'm not sure whats wrong with Pittodrie either. Looks like theres space to develop it a bit too

Big club mind, and you dont have to go back far to see them getting crowds bigger than what their new proposed ground will be. It does seem unambitious. I'm not sure whats wrong with Pittodrie either. Looks like theres space to develop it a bit too
    I’d say Aberdeen were comparable to an average sized championship club. Yes they won the UEFA cup but that was in 1983. (I see ex city keeper Joe Lewis is captain for them)

I’d say Aberdeen were comparable to an average sized championship club. Yes they won the UEFA cup but that was in 1983. (I see ex city keeper Joe Lewis is captain for them)
    Yes, true. A big club in a Scottish context is what I mean.

My partner has family in Aberdeen and we have visited a few times. Pittodrie's not that far from the centre. Even with the scaling down of the oil industry house prices in Aberdeen are very high. My guess is that the business case involves knocking down the ground for apartments to part pay for the new ground. Not sure how fans are feeling about locating 6 miles west in the relative middle of nowhere though.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    My partner has family in Aberdeen and we have visited a few times. Pittodrie's not that far from the centre. Even with the scaling down of the oil industry house prices in Aberdeen are very high. My guess is that the business case involves knocking down the ground for apartments to part pay for the new ground. Not sure how fans are feeling about locating 6 miles west in the relative middle of nowhere though.
    They were old plans to move outside of Aberdeen. There's a new proposal now - the plans to move to the outskirts have been replaced by proposals to move a little to the south of Pittodrie (slightly closer to the city centre) adjacent to the beach. Looks smart, but smaller than Pittodrie, so yeah it just strikes me as slightly odd and unambitious

Yeah, obviously the land Pittodrie sits on has value, but it looks at a quick glance to me like it would be less than the land they are moving to (ie, the housing by pittodrie is hardly salubrious, it's further from town and further from the beach)

Aberdeen fans will be chuffed at the level of interest on here. You must tell your partners family.

I can't get to every home game so a season ticket is becoming more expensive per game as a result. The club should look to offer a combined online pass with a season ticket so any games people can't get to can be watched online (excluding 3pm Saturday kick offs naturally).

Should be excuted, strange though were good in the second half's , I like turning up late to avoid all the anthems and kneeling.

that means for about 60% of our games this season they won't have seen us score