+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fury v Whyte

Re: Fury v Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Some clueless comments in here fair play, it’s a fight, not a bodybuilding contest.

Andy Ruiz laid out Joshua, give your heads a wobble.
    I'm saying eggs on legs has had shit opponents

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I'm saying eggs on legs has had shit opponents
    He went to Germany and dethroned Klitscho and went to America and dethroned Wilder 🤷*♂️

Well whilst he's very rich he's still a fat fecker

I thought a conditioning coach would have got rid of his excess fat around his chest , belly and back ?

I mean he's carrying a stone and a half he doesn't need there every time the bell goes 🤷

Think what a fighter he could be if that was off him

He looks like jelly on a plate , it's hardly a good advert for heavyweight boxing imo

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    A bit of a manufactured boxer in my opinion.
    Bruno was crap

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well whilst he's very rich he's still a fat fecker

I thought a conditioning coach would have got rid of his excess fat around his chest , belly and back ?

I mean he's carrying a stone and a half he doesn't need there every time the bell goes ��

Think what a fighter he could be if that was off him

He looks like jelly on a plate , it's hardly a good advert for heavyweight boxing imo
    As he is a friend of my family I've past on your brave conditioning points , have you thought of becoming a life style coach. ?

Personally I don't see the problem with carrying a bit of weight. If you can do the strength work and the fitness work required, what's wrong with a bit of fat around it. What practical use is there for being 'chiseled' over just being fit and strong.

The idea of calling a boxer unfit disappeared for me the first time I had a go on a punchbag . 30 seconds and I'm blowing. 12 rounds of punching would be tiring enough, that's without factoring in some bloke punching you in the head constantly

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Personally I don't see the problem with carrying a bit of weight. If you can do the strength work and the fitness work required, what's wrong with a bit of fat around it. What practical use is there for being 'chiseled' over just being fit and strong.

The idea of calling a boxer unfit disappeared for me the first time I had a go on a punchbag . 30 seconds and I'm blowing. 12 rounds of punching would be tiring enough, that's without factoring in some bloke punching you in the head constantly
    spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    spot on
    Fury's weight works for him, he leans on his opponents and gases them. I'm surprised people are having a go at a fatty on here, let's face it, it must give the majority of us some hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Fury's weight works for him, he leans on his opponents and gases them. I'm surprised people are having a go at a fatty on here, let's face it, it must give the majority of us some hope!
    Exactly. People talking about subjects they’ve no idea about.

Is a fat bloke leaning on someone part of the sport of boxing ?

Jesus it's pretty low

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post

He's not unfit but he's overweight

It's not a good advert at all in my opinion

International

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    He's like an egg on legs.
    I don't think he's that good just below shit opposition.

It's a strange one, people usually say athletes/boxers/footballers keep evolving and are better than the athletes/boxers/footballers of the past, I would agree.

Then along comes someone who breaks the mould, like a fat fighter, and it's because he's fat the opposition are shit?

It can't be right can it the opposition are better than Ali's opposition aren't they?

Same with the Premier League, last year Man City waked it, it's because the other teams are shit?

Would the current Liverpool team beat 1983/84 team? - They'd murder them surely ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Is a fat bloke leaning on someone part of the sport of boxing ?

Jesus it's pretty low
    You are so negative on so many different levels it unbelievable. No point in having the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    It's a strange one, people usually say athletes/boxers/footballers keep evolving and are better than the athletes/boxers/footballers of the past, I would agree.

Then along comes someone who breaks the mould, like a fat fighter, and it's because he's fat the opposition are shit?

It can't be right can it the opposition are better than Ali's opposition aren't they?

Same with the Premier League, last year Man City waked it, it's because the other teams are shit?

Would the current Liverpool team beat 1983/84 team? - They'd murder them surely ?
    His opponents have been rubbish.
    Not Fury's fault but the opponents he's had have been crap in general and not just against him.

Maybe he should indeed consider changing his diet.