+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 BIRMINGHAM CITY. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BIRMINGHAM CITY. Match thread

The right back of Brum has finally been booked. He's used his hands more than his feet all game.

There's a risk that we can become a nothing club...just making up the numbers in the mid to low championship or worse. I hope not

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    There's a risk that we can become a nothing club...just making up the numbers in the mid to low championship or worse. I hope not
    we are already there

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Modelling the club on Birmingham then … oh!

Players have been on holiday for so long the least they could've done is sent us a postcard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    we are already there
    but we have been better over the past 12 years ?

350 minutes since we scored a goal now I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post

Never mind, it'll a come good, Watters on

We aren't going to score are we

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Never mind, it'll a come good, Watters on
    Won the pelanty, I rest my case

thats me wrong about everything

Antijinx!

but how long since we scored 2 goals?

I guess I’m alone but thought we did ok second half although plenty to work on although I did watch it on my phone so not the best view.

Though NG got forward well, Vaulks was decent when he came on.

Harris is an odd one, I’ve thought him up to it but then every now and then he has a good game and gets a good goal. Today I couldn’t see what he offered.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 BIRMINGHAM CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I guess I’m alone but thought we did ok second half although plenty to work on although I did watch it on my phone so not the best view.

Harris is an odd one, I’ve thought him up to it but then every now and then he has a good game and gets a good goal. Today I couldn’t see what he offered.
    Ng needs to start further up the field. Much more effective in an attacking role IMHO.

Anyone who thinks that Vaulks cant play should be made to watch the second half today. Best player on the pitch by a country mile, controlled the game from a quite deep midfield position and scored unstoppable penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

It was helter-skelter football though and despite having most of the possession we were only able to create half chances. We didn't really look like scoring until the penalty. However, it was better than the shit we served up in the first half. I have no idea how Morison wants us to be playing and neither does the team by the looks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    It was helter-skelter football though and despite having most of the possession we were only able to create half chances. We didn't really look like scoring until the penalty. However, it was better than the shit we served up in the first half. I have no idea how Morison wants us to be playing and neither does the team by the looks of it.
    i agree with this...i can't see a pattern

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Anyone who thinks that Vaulks cant play should be made to watch the second half today. Best player on the pitch by a country mile, controlled the game from a quite deep midfield position and scored unstoppable penalty.
    He seemed to be making a point. I guess we haven't offered him a new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I think/hope that will come in time.

There was a point I think before the first derby where Swansea were having all the possession but couldn’t store until they played us and then went on a good run. I think it’s clear we need quite a few players more capable on the ball.

Strangely for all the possession and some decent passing our better chances came from long balls, not sure if it’s because we were mixing it up or we are just a better long ball team with who we have.

I thought max watters changed the game as well.
    Brighter when he came on , and got us the penalty

Lee Bowyer thought his side controlled the whole game and deserved to win. All the stats and my own eyes confirm otherwise. It was mostly one way traffic second half and we were unlucky not to win. The ball just wouldn't drop for us in the area on a number of occasions and it was just the final ball that was lacking on others. It was Birmingham doing all the time wasting and hanging on for a point at the end.

Back to the format of having a reasonable second half- as opposed to being dreadful in both recently. We must question why Morrison has allowed this team to down tools or so long. Anyway, thought we were pretty good second half and deserved at least a point. Harris was far better than of late. Watters is not a total write off after all. Glad we weren’t sent into the Summer with another defeat. At least the crowd was upbeat - we are easily pleased.

Thought the ref was awful today. 2 dreadful challenges on Doyle. One an elbow to his head. There right back was pulling Harris all the time and the centre back climbing all over Hugil.

Yet he was booking our players for minor stuff.