+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welsh Squad for June

Welsh Squad for June

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61478455

Our depth at the back is not strong, but everywhere else looks ok. Jonny Williams must play some sort of talismanic role

Re: Welsh Squad for June

Former City youth player Wes Burns too

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Denham's just been added to the squad https://mobile.twitter.com/Cymru/sta...86654178004992
    Good experience for him

Looking at Scotland's forwards, I think ours are far superior..just need someone to feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Looking at Scotland's forwards, I think ours are far superior..just need someone to feed them.
    I think the midfield battle will be key, so I hope Page has a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Former City youth player Wes Burns too
    Don't recall him?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Joniesta to the rescue.

It'll only be a battle if we let it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It'll only be a battle if we let it.
    If we play them

So what does Page do for the Poland game? For a start how many players travel to Poland..16? 18? Less? More?

I would hope that all eleven likely starters for the play off final stay at home plus Brennan Johnson and Chris Mepham. However a number of players particularly Bale, Rodon, Mepham and the keepers have had very little game time recently. Should they go to Poland? I would hope not. The risk of injury is just too high plus the play off final is only a few days later. Keep them all fresh.

Who to play.?

Those lacking game time ideally play.

However Bale and Ramsey getting injured would be a disaster so reluctantly id leave them out v Poland.

The likes of Rodon need game time and should play.

Brennan Johnson should probably be rested as he will have played up to the end of May.

Scotland or Ukraine would have been in a far harder game than us.

However counter that with theyd be coming to the game off a match where theyve all played together.

11 Welsh players coming together for the 1st time in months isnt the way to go against a team straight out of a competitive match.

Play as close as a full team as possible.

Ampadu - defence or midfield?

He was one of the better performing midfielders in Serie A, and one of the top rated under 21 players across the big 5 leagues.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/ar...gence-in-italy

Ampadu - defence or midfield?

He was one of the better performing midfielders in Serie A, and one of the top rated under 21 players across the big 5 leagues.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/ar...gence-in-italy
    nice article

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Who to play.?

Those lacking game time ideally play.

However Bale and Ramsey getting injured would be a disaster so reluctantly id leave them out v Poland.

The likes of Rodon need game time and should play.

Brennan Johnson should probably be rested as he will have played up to the end of May.

Scotland or Ukraine would have been in a far harder game than us.

However counter that with theyd be coming to the game off a match where theyve all played together.

11 Welsh players coming together for the 1st time in months isnt the way to go against a team straight out of a competitive match.

Play as close as a full team as possible.
    I tend to agree with you, whoever we face in the playoff final will be coming into the game with momentum. We can always make some early tactical substitutions for the most vulnerable members of our squad.

Regarding Roden, he should be as fit as a fiddle after training under Conte!

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post

Our depth at the back is not strong, but everywhere else looks ok. Jonny Williams must play some sort of talismanic role
    I think he drives the team coach.

Not sure I agree with some of the comments. I would prefer key players not to be involved v Poland especially as there is the travel back from Poland and a very short turnaround to the game on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Not sure I agree with some of the comments. I would prefer key players not to be involved v Poland especially as there is the travel back from Poland and a very short turnaround to the game on Sunday.
    Bale & Ramsey have hardly been involved in any football lately. I think they need to be involved in a competitive game, even if it's reduced minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I can understand people's POV but players play in important games all the time, Man City etc rotate but sometimes (Liverpool CL Liverpool CL) they have to play. Our lads don't get enough minutes to have the luxury. I'd like to rest them but a few of them need to play

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    nice article
    This is what Ampadu brings to the table when he's playing at CDM. He covers the spaces when backline players advance, and he's also adept at putting out fires. However, you can bet your house he will be playing at RCB for Wales next month, which leaves a question mark over Mepham's long-term Welsh prospects. Is he just not good enough, or is it only a blip in his career?

https://twitter.com/VeneziaFC_EN/sta...37261220184064

This is what Ampadu brings to the table when he's playing at CDM. He covers the spaces when backline players advance, and he's also adept at putting out fires. However, you can bet your house he will be playing at RCB for Wales next month, which leaves a question mark over Mepham's long-term Welsh prospects. Is he just not good enough, or is it only a blip in his career?

https://twitter.com/VeneziaFC_EN/sta...37261220184064
    that was a dreadful challenge, not in control at all

that was a dreadful challenge, not in control at all
    Perfect challenge, got the ball and prevented a goal. It's not netball mate

Perfect challenge, got the ball and prevented a goal. It's not netball mate
    if the attacking player taps the ball away at the last second he's off. he got away with it that time but he will get found out doing that eventually

if the attacking player taps the ball away at the last second he's off. he got away with it that time but he will get found out doing that eventually
    That's where timing comes into it, and you seem to confusing rapid acceleration with foul play?

That's where timing comes into it, and you seem to confusing rapid acceleration with foul play?
    I'm not saying it was a foul - it wasn't, it was just a bit rash to be doing that. a better player could have easily got him Sent off IMO. it worked out well this time.
    it's good to see he's got that pace and acceleration in him though as he doesn't always show it.