+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welsh Squad for June

Re: Welsh Squad for June

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm not saying it was a foul - it wasn't, it was just a bit rash to be doing that. a better player could have easily got him Sent off IMO. it worked out well this time.
    it's good to see he's got that pace and acceleration in him though as he doesn't always show it.
    You will have to show me the coaching manual where it says the last man should give way to an attacker who is about to enter the penalty area and face a 1-on-1 with the keeper. Ampadu's only option to close down the player outside the box required fast acceleration, and at that speed he had to commit to playing the ball. What else is he supposed to do, choose a different line with the associated risk of making a tackle inside the penalty area? I think we would all be happy if he made that tackle against Scotland or Ukraine with 8 minutes to go.

About the acceleration, I don't know where it came from either and it seems like a new thing to me. Maybe it's the Italian coaching?

When I first saw Amps..I said he was an important sending off waiting to happen..
    Hope it's not next sunday

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    When I first saw Amps..I said he was an important sending off waiting to happen..
    Hope it's not next sunday
    I wouldn't worry too much, his stats in the match above were:

71 touches
    80% pass accuracy
    4/6 long balls completed
    10/16 ground duals won (most)
    7/8 aerial duals won (most)
    5 fouls drawn! (most)
    5 clearances
    4 tackles (most)
    2 blocked shots
    6 recoveries
    Clean sheet

CDM is a tough position to play, and you need to have something about you to keep the opposition on their toes. The other option is having players like Morrell who wouldn't have got anywhere near that ball.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Great.😀