Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you bring Sol Bamba back?

Would you bring Sol Bamba back?

As a squad player and Coach?

Re: Would you bring Sol Bamba back?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    As a squad player and Coach?
    No..
    Plus i think he pissed on his chips after running to the media about how badly he was treated

well he pissed on our chips coz i don't think he would come back

no, he's 37

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    well he pissed on our chips coz i don't think he would come back
    Don't want him back and in my opinion made up a few stories

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Don't want him back and in my opinion made up a few stories
    Stockholm Stan

As a coach, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    As a coach, yes.
    do we have any current vacancies?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    No..
    Plus i think he pissed on his chips after running to the media about how badly he was treated
    Spot on ,disappointed to read that he was negative to a club whilst his agent was arranging a transfer and new contract . I wonder if no one had offered him a contract if he'd have stayed low .

As a coach he would probably have to make equally tough decisions that adversely effect others careers, and I suspect he'd require a different behaviour than his .

No. I love Sol for his character and personality (and that some magic moments on the pitch) - but no.

His time as a player has passed.

We have no idea whether he would be a successful coach or a failure or something in between - but a past playing career for the club is not enough to bring him in.

I do believe his accounts of the way he left the club - and it was shabby.

We need a new goalkeeping coach. We probably need another first team coach. Bring Bellamy back!

No. Next.

What are we basing it on? Does anyone know anything about Bamba as a coach? I suppose that it's all about observation, and if so, then i would say that Bamba is the least conventional central defender i've ever witnessed in a City shirt, just by looking at his style of play, i would say that Bamba would have been an absolute nightmare to coach, He didn't even know what he was going to do on the pitch. How that would translate into a coaching role escapes me!

No, very disappointed with his comments after he left. He’s either very stupid and didn’t no he was be released or plays the media, either way no.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Stockholm Stan
    Pisshead Polo

Can't see what he could offer as either a player or a coach.
    Not sure he'd want to return as either anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    No. I love Sol for his character and personality (and that some magic moments on the pitch) - but no.

His time as a player has passed.

We have no idea whether he would be a successful coach or a failure or something in between - but a past playing career for the club is not enough to bring him in.

I do believe his accounts of the way he left the club - and it was shabby.

We need a new goalkeeping coach. We probably need another first team coach. Bring Bellamy back!
    Logic would indicate that running to the media to claim the club failed to offer him a coaching role, promised when he retired, whilst wanting a new playing contract is the element that was shabby, not the club attitude.

Just before he left he seemed to be conducting a bit of a campaign in the local media to drum up support for giving him a new contract, I thought it was a strange move at the time, as you don't often see that kind of thing - perhaps that annoyed Mick McCarthy or someone else at the club and that led to the shabby way he was released.

I don't know why it was a surprise though, it would have been a ridiculous decision to have kept him on.

Imagine if we had Bamba, Morisson, Flint and Nelson at the club - there wouldn't have been room to bring through McGuiness let alone the likes of Denham or playing Ng there. and at the end of the season 3 of them would be leaving - meaning we'd need 3 new central defenders at the same time.

He was a very good player for us, but it's long since time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Logic would indicate that running to the media to claim the club failed to offer him a coaching role, promised when he retired, whilst wanting a new playing contract is the element that was shabby, not the club attitude.
    Logic would indicate that opinion isn't always logical! Anyway, I stick with my view that it was shabby. The club is doing a lot of good things but it does seem to have a blind spot when it comes to effective communication - with fans and (it seems) players at times.

I am not arguing that Sol should have played last season (I don't think he should) nor that he should have had a role with the u23s. I do think that the mixed messages about his future and the final decision that went via twitter before he was told in person was poor.

And not sure he went 'running to the media'. I think he answered questions put to him.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...d-out-21310189

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    No, very disappointed with his comments after he left. He’s either very stupid and didn’t no he was be released.....
    Good grief.

Absolutely ****ing not.

I'd pay decent money for Cody Drameh though.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Logic would indicate that opinion isn't always logical! Anyway, I stick with my view that it was shabby. The club is doing a lot of good things but it does seem to have a blind spot when it comes to effective communication - with fans and (it seems) players at times.

I am not arguing that Sol should have played last season (I don't think he should) nor that he should have had a role with the u23s. I do think that the mixed messages about his future and the final decision that went via twitter before he was told in person was poor.

And not sure he went 'running to the media'. I think he answered questions put to him.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...d-out-21310189
    Literally, nothing that bloke says is logic. "Logic would indicate".... insert weird, convoluted opinion here. Where's JR? He's the expert on multis. I'd love to hear his take on this.

I suspect Sol Bamba has started his last game at Championship level. It was on 27/04/22:

Middlesbrough 2 Cardiff City 0

He’s been at Dragon Park in recent days with Ya Ya Touré and a load of others. He might be doing his UEFA ‘A’ badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    do we have any current vacancies?
    Well, Dibble’s been sacked.

Naaah.

As far as I’m concerned, the last City legend was Whitts.

Everyone else since then is an expensive mercenary.