+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Indoor tv arial....

Indoor tv arial....

Hello can you help, I'm looking to buy an indoor tv arial just for watching mod and the odd bit of news nothing much else but will want reliable pictures.Anybody suggest a unit which is not overly priced.
    Cheers.

Re: Indoor tv arial....

Quote Originally Posted by lennybluebird View Post
    Hello can you help, I'm looking to buy an indoor tv arial just for watching mod and the odd bit of news nothing much else but will want reliable pictures.Anybody suggest a unit which is not overly priced.
    Cheers.
    we had one when i was a kid, it was ****ing useless. As i was the youngest, it was my job to get up and adjust it when the picture went fuzzy. The old man had me standing like a statue for 2hrs while he watched a race meeting from Aintree, with me holding the TV aerial in the correct position

Good luck, let us know if you find one. Have tried for years without success. My mum’s got a flat square one which sort of works

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    we had one when i was a kid, it was ****ing useless. As i was the youngest, it was my job to get up and adjust it when the picture went fuzzy. The old man had me standing like a statue for 2hrs while he watched a race meeting from Aintree, with me holding the TV aerial in the correct position

that was funny but didnt answer my question...lol

they just don't work

I use a old magnetic mount aerial off my camper van and it works really good.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Necvox-ANT-.../dp/B008MIBCCC

Probably not the answer to your question, but we had one fitted into the loft our our holiday rental. Think it cost about £100 ish and is perfect.

International

Quote Originally Posted by lennybluebird View Post
    that was funny but didnt answer my question...lol
    Not funny when you were doing it. I can't count the number of hours of my life spent 'not' watching Coronation Street!

RGTech Monarch 50 Transparent Indoor Freeview HDTV Aerial - True 50 Mile Multidirectional Paper-Thin Antenna - 4G filter for Maximum Freeview/UHF/VHF/FM/USB TV Tuner/DVB-T/DVB-T2/DAB radio reception

Sorry dont know how to link to amazon but copy and paste and will find it £25 , looks a bit cheap but bought one for my dad when his aerial came off his roof it works really well even in a low signal area

I have something similar to this for the TV in the spare room,

works great.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/One-All-Una...id=76364495189

No help I know, but the last one I had looked like this:

wire coat hanger.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    No help I know, but the last one I had looked like this:

wire coat hanger.jpg
    i tried that Jon....lol

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    RGTech Monarch 50 Transparent Indoor Freeview HDTV Aerial - True 50 Mile Multidirectional Paper-Thin Antenna - 4G filter for Maximum Freeview/UHF/VHF/FM/USB TV Tuner/DVB-T/DVB-T2/DAB radio reception

Sorry dont know how to link to amazon but copy and paste and will find it £25 , looks a bit cheap but bought one for my dad when his aerial came off his roof it works really well even in a low signal area
    cheers scooter might give it a go.

wire coat hanger.jpg

Aerial photography.

Whether it works will depend on where you live. Which area are you in?

RGTech Monarch 50 Transparent Indoor Freeview HDTV Aerial - True 50 Mile Multidirectional Paper-Thin Antenna - 4G filter for Maximum Freeview/UHF/VHF/FM/USB TV Tuner/DVB-T/DVB-T2/DAB radio reception https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MAXT6...ing=UTF8&psc=1

This works perfectly.

Make sure it’s against a wall that’s facing out, not into another room.

I’m in Carmarthenshire though, would have thought it wouldnt matter too much but someone up there suggested it does matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    RGTech Monarch 50 Transparent Indoor Freeview HDTV Aerial - True 50 Mile Multidirectional Paper-Thin Antenna - 4G filter for Maximum Freeview/UHF/VHF/FM/USB TV Tuner/DVB-T/DVB-T2/DAB radio reception https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MAXT6...ing=UTF8&psc=1

This works perfectly.

Make sure it’s against a wall that’s facing out, not into another room.

I’m in Carmarthenshire though, would have thought it wouldnt matter too much but someone up there suggested it does matter.
    cheers everybody for your suggestions ( some good and some funny) but have decided to give an amazon fire stick another go.