+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Teacher and 14 children killed Texas

Teacher and 14 children killed Texas

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/worl...anada-61573831

Another senseless act with a gun. Just awful.

Re: Teacher and 14 children killed Texas

Nothing will change, they don't care. Guns are more important than anything else out there. Nutjobs.

We had one school shooting 26 years ago in Dunblane and changed everything about gun ownership laws. America has had 27 school shootings this year alone, they’ll never change

https://youtu.be/dNv_OxS0Jk0

Listen to this bitch.This is why gun laws are bonkers in the USA.

Rifles for sale in Walmart!

Texas Attorney General says that arming teachers is a way to combat it https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...anada-61573831

ffs

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Texas Attorney General says that arming teachers is a way to combat it https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...anada-61573831

ffs
    Am actually stunned. Didn't think I could be but I am. **** a duck.

Might be a stupid question, but why is it so often schools?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Might be a stupid question, but why is it so often schools?
    A large number of potential victims in one place?

Somewhere the gun murderer had a difficult time?

An educational establishment where a live (or not) demonstration of the 2nd Amendment will be most appreciated?

A place where a deranged coward with a semi-automatic arsenal will feel safe whilst committing mass murder?

Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    A large number of potential victims in one place?

Somewhere the gun murderer had a difficult time?

An educational establishment where a live (or not) demonstration of the 2nd Amendment will be most appreciated?

A place where a deranged coward with a semi-automatic arsenal will feel safe whilst committing mass murder?

Who knows.
    A lot of good points, I was blinded by how cowardly It was (would be anywhere I guess)

Just bothers me that the victims are always kids.

There are plenty of populated places to pick and it's always a school, but yes points made taken on board!!

A lot of good points, I was blinded by how cowardly It was (would be anywhere I guess)

There are plenty of populated places to pick and it's always a school, but yes points made taken on board!!
    I'm sure the particular circumstances of this latest horror will come out in the next few days. But in general, kids going through school sometimes suffer isolation, bullying, trauma and resentment that the idealised life they see on the tv is different to theirs. They may project their disappointment onto their teachers.

Not many places though where those detached from society have easy enough access to the firepower to kill over a dozen people. mainly children, before being put out of their selfish misery.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I'm sure the particular circumstances of this latest horror will come out in the next few days. But in general, kids going through school sometimes suffer isolation, bullying, trauma and resentment that the idealised life they see on the tv is different to theirs. They may project their disappointment onto their teachers.

Not many places though where those detached from society have easy enough access to the firepower to kill over a dozen people. mainly children, before being put out of their selfish misery.
    Another good point.

It's not always a school, there's been plenty of high profile shootings in other places. But the ones in the schools are certainly the most difficult to get your head round. It's beyond comprehension and the US will still do nothing about it

My mum works in a supermarket over there. Just last week her boss told her to hide in the toilet because a (now-ex) disgruntled employee was bragging about how easy it would be to get one of his guns from his car right outside. I asked her to quit because that guy is 100% coming back to shoot that place up and the article will read, "he was fired from his job months ago" etc.

Didn't change after Sandy Hook and won't change now. Backward-ass country.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's not always a school, there's been plenty of high profile shootings in other places. But the ones in the schools are certainly the most difficult to get your head round. It's beyond comprehension and the US will still do nothing about it
    Yes it's awful and won't change. I did originally post "why so often" but not the thread I suppose, as it isn't important

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Nothing will change, they don't care. Guns are more important than anything else out there. Nutjobs.
    Oh come on. Many of us do care and deeply too.

The main problem is it's so hard to cut through the rhetoric of the right on gun control because it's well-funded and (unfortunately) cleverly managed.

How could anyone stand next to a group of little children and think, "I want to fire bullets into them." ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond View Post
    How could anyone stand next to a group of little children and think, "I want to fire bullets into them." ?
    The fit seems to be someone who was bullied/misunderstood/didn't fit in/was a weirdo that was never gonna fit in and use it as an excuse to have a pop back at society.

We have these people in the UK and worldwide but it seems the US is always the place it happens.

Same as those weird types that can't get a woman so join these online pages and post hate against women because they can't find someone, seems the way is to blame everyone else but themselves for their situation and fire back at innocents.

Apologies if this post offends someone probably not the thread to go off on one, but when do these people stop having excuses handed to them and just talk to someone or ****ing grow up?

People face shit every day, my cousins kid is bullied daily to an absurd level, people are lonely all over the world and don't act out like ****ing coward animals. Where does shooting up a school get them the other 100s that tried it before get them?

I've probably gone right off track now, sorry. Restless and pissed off.

No offence intended

Abbot fought hard to reduce the age of gun ownership to 18. The killer was 18.

People must be at least 21 years of age to legally consume alcoholic beverages in Texas.

Senseless.

Politicians, especially republicans but also some democrats, would rather people die than to control gun ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    https://youtu.be/dNv_OxS0Jk0

Listen to this bitch.This is why gun laws are bonkers in the USA.
    She really is the biggest piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post

The main problem is it's so hard to cut through the rhetoric of the right on gun control because it's well-funded and (unfortunately) cleverly managed.
    While I agree about the rhetoric on the right and that many of you do care I just don't understand how after Sandy Hook nothingn was done. The fact is not enough care to do something about it.

I listen to Joe Rogan every podcast and whilst he doesn’t speak for America he does echo a big base of americas voices

And what it tells me is that guns are such a big part of the mentality of the US I can’t see anything changing anytime soon. The videos above about MORE arms seems commonplace.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post

I think he means people in power - especially the NRA.

I'm no expert on American history, but surely the "right to bear arms" was drawn up in the 18th century?
    When the land was a hostile wilderness?
    Now its just hostile.

Allow people to bear arms - as long as those arms are single-shot, muzzle-loading muskets.

This is how utterly stupid Republicans are and those who vote for them:

Ted Cruz (on addressing mass shooting) "go after felons and fugitives and those with serious mental illness, arresting them, prosecuting them when they try to buy firearms illegally"

There is a to unpack there BUT:

Mass shooters are not previous felons
    Mass shooters are never fugitives
    You cannot arrest someone for having a mental health illness (and WTF "go after" people with mental health issues... what is he calling for? a genocide of bipolar people or depressed people because of course ALL of them will become mass killers.. but voted against background check!)
    Mass shooters do not purchase guns illegally - because of NRA and republican law makers they have made it easier for people to buy weapons, including military grade weapons, and reducing the procurement age to 18

Cruz voted against background checks and voted for allowing access to firearms by 18 year olds.

He takes the US public for fools and sadly many are fools for believing this bullshit.

Watch Steve Kerr, Golden State Warriors Cosch

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61573377