+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone Run Their Wifi On A Home Mesh System ?

Anyone Run Their Wifi On A Home Mesh System ?

I have some questions if you can help. Thanks

Re: Anyone Run Their Wifi On A Home Mesh System ?

I read about this and decided to have a look....then I saw the prices!!!
    A decent review is here: https://www.pcworld.com/article/6933...ports-car.html

Way way too pricey for private homes.....so unless you are looking at it for a business with lots of devices I shouldn't bother.....

I use BT whole home Wi-Fi mesh. Cost me about £150. Works very well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I read about this and decided to have a look....then I saw the prices!!!
    A decent review is here: https://www.pcworld.com/article/6933...ports-car.html

Way way too pricey for private homes.....so unless you are looking at it for a business with lots of devices I shouldn't bother.....
    Fully depends on what you go for. I use the Tenda Nova mesh , you should be able to get a 3pack which should cover a 4/5 bed home easily for about £60.
    Have found it perfect for what I needed. My router has to be in an inconvenient corner of the house due to the way the phone line has been installed. The mesh bounces the WiFi signal all around the house without losing any power (which was my main annoyance with plug in 'wifi boosters' that I initially tried ). Means I have a great signal throughout the house now and it extends out to the garden too.

Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
    Fully depends on what you go for. I use the Tenda Nova mesh , you should be able to get a 3pack which should cover a 4/5 bed home easily for about £60.
    Have found it perfect for what I needed. My router has to be in an inconvenient corner of the house due to the way the phone line has been installed. The mesh bounces the WiFi signal all around the house without losing any power (which was my main annoyance with plug in 'wifi boosters' that I initially tried ). Means I have a great signal throughout the house now and it extends out to the garden too.
    Exactly what I wanted to hear. I have Talk Talk fibre which has always been good (been with TT for donkeys), but weve extended the house and have trouble getting anything in one of the bedrooms. I bought a netgear extender, and although gives a reasonable wifi signal in that bedroom, but plays havoc with everything else and my sky is now constantly disconnecting and my teams with work. I've tried everything, including clearing the cache, and changing wifi channels. I've run out of ideas now, so thinking of trying the mesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Exactly what I wanted to hear. I have Talk Talk fibre which has always been good (been with TT for donkeys), but weve extended the house and have trouble getting anything in one of the bedrooms. I bought a netgear extender, and although gives a reasonable wifi signal in that bedroom, but plays havoc with everything else and my sky is now constantly disconnecting and my teams with work. I've tried everything, including clearing the cache, and changing wifi channels. I've run out of ideas now, so thinking of trying the mesh.
    If you’re on Sky Q multi-room, then this creates its own mesh and plays havoc with other mesh networks and extenders 😬 I had a net gear mesh network and then tried the BT disks.

Eventually found out that Sky was causing the issue. Turned off WiFi on the sky boxes and have them all connected to internet via Powerline adapters

Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
    I’m with TalkTalk Fibre and run the Amazon Eero Pro system (3 pack). Similarly, the talk talk router struggled to reach my extension which caused regular drop outs. I replaced it with the 3 router Eero pro system, including hard wiring one of the hubs to the primary hub and can’t fault it at all. It’s exceeded all my expectations. I now get my max speed throughout the house and garden. The app is also great. It logs all devices connected to my network and allows me to control their access individually. I can also see which hub they’re connected to. One other benefit is the ability to create profiles for the kids where I log all their devices and can limit access to certain sites (or apps), restrict internet access during set times or even block devices completely. All very easy to set up and monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Re-sign Carl Dale View Post
    If you’re on Sky Q multi-room, then this creates its own mesh and plays havoc with other mesh networks and extenders 😬 I had a net gear mesh network and then tried the BT disks.

Eventually found out that Sky was causing the issue. Turned off WiFi on the sky boxes and have them all connected to internet via Powerline adapters
    Yes, got sky Q with three miniboxes, all of which continually need to be reset several times a day when used. Will look at the powerline adapter option, however will need to look at on you tube as I've no idea how they connect and work.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    My daughter has that one. It is very good and provides WiFi throughout the house, much better than the router supplied by ISP.