+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Steve Cooper

Steve Cooper

Imagine being so deluded you thought he wasn't good enough for Swansea City.

Re: Steve Cooper

Fantastic isn’t it, but but but we won the double. No one cares mate

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We should be proud of him, City fan local man who has taken his chance and done the impossible bottom to promotion with Forest, well done butty

Bottom of the league after 6 games werent they? What a run

I know quite a few jacks that wanted him gone.
    The few seasons they had in the premiership has really gone to their heads..
    He would have taken them up the some point.

Manager of the season. All Forest fans were probably thinking of a season in League One, let alone getting a place in the PL. They could make a film or book about this, it’s so remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Manager of the season. All Forest fans were probably thinking of a season in League One, let alone getting a place in the PL. They could make a film or book about this, it’s so remarkable.
    If Jonny Owen hasn't made a film about it then he probably will.

Quote Originally Posted by pulsy View Post
    We should be proud of him, City fan local man who has taken his chance and done the impossible bottom to promotion with Forest, well done butty
    And yet despite his affiliation with City, no one thought for a second that we’d even begin to consider him as a potential Cardiff manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Bluebird to a king ?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And yet despite his affiliation with City, no one thought for a second that we’d even begin to consider him as a potential Cardiff manager.
    True and many derided him.

Roughly the same as Warnock except many on here don't give him the credit for his achievement.

I think he might get the chop at Forest if they get off to a bad start with all that money at stake.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Fantastic isn’t it, but but but we won the double. No one cares mate
    I think you meant the ‘doube’

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Roughly the same as Warnock except many on here don't give him the credit for his achievement.
    Very roughly.

When Cooper took over at Forest, they were bottom of the table with one point from 7 games. They eventually finished 4th, having accumulated 80 points, and today they got promoted via the play-offs.

When Warnock took over at City, the team was second from bottom of the table with eight points from 11 games. They eventually finished 12th, having accumulated 62 points.

Not quite the same.

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    I think you meant the ‘doube’
    My sincerest apologies haha

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Very roughly.

When Cooper took over at Forest, they were bottom of the table with one point from 7 games. They eventually finished 4th, having accumulated 80 points, and today they got promoted via the play-offs.

When Warnock took over at City, the team was second from bottom of the table with eight points from 11 games. They eventually finished 12th, having accumulated 62 points.

Not quite the same.
    Forest under Cooper this season

Attachment 4925

City under Warnock in his first season

Screenshot 2022-05-29 210424.jpg

He's done an amazing job. Who'd have thought after we beat them at their place to keep them rock bottom that they'd end the season getting promoted.
    Always thought he'd overachieved at Swansea with the squads he had. Crazily underappreciated there.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    He's done an amazing job. Who'd have thought after we beat them at their place to keep them rock bottom that they'd end the season getting promoted.
    Always thought he'd overachieved at Swansea with the squads he had. Crazily underappreciated there.
    Yep

... or Cardiff City.

StT.
    <><

As soon as he was available I said ditch Mick and get him. Nevermind I’m sure every club who haven’t gone up are saying the same now. Thankfully we have a young up and coming manager and looking forward to the new season.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    As soon as he was available I said ditch Mick and get him. Nevermind I’m sure every club who haven’t gone up are saying the same now. Thankfully we have a young up and coming manager and looking forward to the new season.
    Cooper was still under contract with the Jacks until he joined Forest. They had to agree compensation. There is no way he would have been allowed to join us.

Cooper wins promotion to the PL.
    Martin wins the doube trophy, the most coveted doube trophy there is.

Almost every Swansea fan is there like "ooo I'd take the doube I would"