+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Easy money bank switching

Easy money bank switching

I've made a few quid in the last 3/4 years.
    I didn't want to go to the bother of having to ring the pensions office all the time.so I set up a second current account with another bank.Set up a few direct debits and bung in the required amount each month.
    I've switched from Co;op to Halifax to TSB to First direct to HSBC to Nationwide to Lloyds.to Santander now back to First direct who are trying to get old customers back with a £150 offer.
    The minimum switch offer Ive got is £100 quid the most £175.
    It's so easy they transfer all the direct debit.

Re: Easy money bank switching

Works against you on credit score changing bank account so often.

I've kepted my main current account and switched the second one as stated above.

I’ve switched to and from them all, actually in the case of Halifax they have now paid me twice. I’ve read it can effect your credit score short term but every time I’ve done a credit check it’s always been very good.

I’ve suggested it to the younger people in work but they usually say they haven’t got the time or it’s to much effort, even though it takes 10 minutes then they continue to do over time for hours on end for less lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post

International

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I've made a few quid in the last 3/4 years.
    I didn't want to go to the bother of having to ring the pensions office all the time.so I set up a second current account with another bank.Set up a few direct debits and bung in the required amount each month.
    I've switched from Co;op to Halifax to TSB to First direct to HSBC to Nationwide to Lloyds.to Santander now back to First direct who are trying to get old customers back with a £150 offer.
    The minimum switch offer Ive got is £100 quid the most £175.
    It's so easy they transfer all the direct debit.
    You can make a few quid but they are all pretty rubbish, i've done it in the past.

Monzo has a much better account with a much better app, and apparantly Starling is equally as good, both you can use aboad with no fees and draw out cash overseas free too, so saving changing money before you go and all the rip off fees!

Monzo is quick to alert you of the transaction to, so you know it's gone through and you don't have to think did it process or not.

Maybe have one of these as your best account, and do all the switching to make a few bob on your secound account as you say.

First Direct also has a 3.5% savings account for customers, unheard of in recent times.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    You can make a few quid but they are all pretty rubbish, i've done it in the past.

Monzo has a much better account with a much better app, and apparantly Starling is equally as good, both you can use aboad with no fees and draw out cash overseas free too, so saving changing money before you go and all the rip off fees!

Monzo is quick to alert you of the transaction to, so you know it's gone through and you don't have to think did it process or not.

Maybe have one of these as your best account, and do all the switching to make a few bob on your secound account as you say.
    I’ve noticed Halifax and Santander also do the alert thing now, very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post

Hi.

For your interest. The original Easy Money by King Crimson featured both John Wetton and Bill Bruford from UK. The first link is the album version from 1972 and the second a live recording from 1973.

https://youtu.be/LxaM5ex1isc

https://youtu.be/sNVYJaCb9gU

StT.
    <><