+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sky glass?

Sky glass?

Anyone got this? Just been offered a 43 inch tv from them for free and doubled my bb speed at the sametime for the same monthly cost…..they giving away TVs now?

International

Re: Sky glass?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Anyone got this? Just been offered a 43 inch tv from them for free and doubled my bb speed at the sametime for the same monthly cost…..they giving away TVs now?
    Sounds good in addition to the sky Q box?

We got it not particularly impressed - as it is a streaming service you get the normal glitches of a streaming servcie and you don't "record" in the same way etc

Quality of picture etc. is good but rather have my dish etc back which we may do

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Sounds good in addition to the sky Q box?
    No its instead of. Sky Q or Sky + would be cancelled.

I may have considered it if I needed a new TV.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    No its instead of. Sky Q or Sky + would be cancelled.

I may have considered it if I needed a new TV.
    Yes I guess they are trying to get rid of some, take up probably slow?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Yes I guess they are trying to get rid of some, take up probably slow?
    They have deals for 43 55 and 65 inch TVs all at different costs.

Ive got an 18 month old 55 inch TV so im not giving that up. For an additional £10 a month you get I think its called a sky puck which you can plug in to another TV effectively giving multi room.

They also say you may need a wifi booster for this as your relying on streaming.

Whatever you take out with Sky Glass your still paying a subscription. Sky want you with them. I can see them getting extra customers particularly with people not with them wanting a new TV.

However what happens when your contract and deal runs out. I always say im looking to cancel. Sending a Sky Q box is no issue. Sending the TV back and possibly needing a new one is another issue.

Im sure it will suit some and this type of service is likely to be the future. Id maybe look in a few years when the other providers end up with this type of service and there is competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    We got it not particularly impressed - as it is a streaming service you get the normal glitches of a streaming servcie and you don't "record" in the same way etc

Quality of picture etc. is good but rather have my dish etc back which we may do
    Did they up your broadband as I hear this was the main problem with buffering etc….great if you need a new tv maybe?
    I barely watch any regular channels these days so seems ok as long at the bb is faster as they say. Got 30 days go test it out anyway.

I looked into it and decided against it.

No recording facility, connection totally reliant on internet. I opted for additional sky q mini boxes instead to extend my main Sky Q box that way rather than going for Sky Glass and 'pucks'.

Did they up your broadband as I hear this was the main problem with buffering etc….great if you need a new tv maybe?
    I barely watch any regular channels these days so seems ok as long at the bb is faster as they say. Got 30 days go test it out anyway.
    Broadband is okay - up to four of us working at home on occasions and no issue but just seems a bit glitchy with sky glass - maybe cos it's new and they will iron it all out but Mike's post sums it up more eloquently that I could 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I looked into it and decided against it.

No recording facility, connection totally reliant on internet. I opted for additional sky q mini boxes instead to extend my main Sky Q box that way rather than going for Sky Glass and 'pucks'.
    Bale takes a free last minute against England.The internet goes down.

when Sky plus came out, they were offering free TV's, I upgraded and was sent a new TV, by all accounts the box was damp so the courier took it back to be destroyed, many phone calls to Sky and they have run out of TV's and cant send anymore out thieves

Definitely Blue Sky thinking if you want to access S4C

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    when Sky plus came out, they were offering free TV's, I upgraded and was sent a new TV, by all accounts the box was damp so the courier took it back to be destroyed, many phone calls to Sky and they have run out of TV's and cant send anymore out thieves
    Yeah not quite sure what to do now…the misses loves recording stuff and bingeing out to it, she’s wavering as I type…
    You can pause it etc like Netflix etc? Someone told her you can’t….

Yeah not quite sure what to do now…the misses loves recording stuff and bingeing out to it, she’s wavering as I type…
    You can pause it etc like Netflix etc? Someone told her you can’t….
    How much are you prepared to pay for a damp box though?

What’s the benifit, I like the idea of no box but the mini boxes are easy enough to hide behind a tv on the wall already.