+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This flight to Rwanda

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: This flight to Rwanda

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Talking of wild

I’m not going to apologise for having a different view to you - in fact, I’m pleased I have if you don’t think that anyone voted in the Referendum (or in any election) on racial grounds.

We’ve got a UK Government that dabbles when it comes to the really important issues and can only come out with slogans, gimmicks law breaking and attacks on the “woke” by means of policies - all the while the official opposition treads on eggshells for fear of offending someone.
    Bob, it is the party that you vote for that was recently chastised for racism by the EHRC - but I would never make nudge nudge wink wink allegations that all Labour voters are racists, or perhaps some but not all are etc. Honestly, the lack of self awareness of some of you guys!

Of course there are some racists in any society, but your argument is weak and unfair to just throw it at one side, and it is nothing to do with this case, as you well know.

You don't have any evidence to support what you say, which rather suggests you have no solution to the topic in hand, so are merely distracting by casting aspersions to deflect away from that?

Re: This flight to Rwanda

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Bob, it is the party that you vote for that was recently chastised for racism by the EHRC - but I would never make nudge nudge wink wink allegations that all Labour voters are racists, or perhaps some but not all are etc. Honestly, the lack of self awareness of some of you guys!

Of course there are some racists in any society, but your argument is weak and unfair to just throw it at one side, and it is nothing to do with this case, as you well know.

You don't have any evidence to support what you say, which rather suggests you have no solution to the topic in hand, so are merely distracting by casting aspersions to deflect away from that?
    You’re making huge assumptions there. First, the only claim I’ve made about the Labour Party in this thread is that they seem scared of their own shadow under Starmer and I’ve never denied that there was a problem under Corbyn when it came to anti Semitism. Also, I don’t know how I can make it more clear that I don’t believe all Leave voters and Tories to be racists, but I’ll always believe that the way the Referendum campaign was conducted put immigration front and centre as an issue and, no matter how much you try to deny it, that among those that centre on immigration as a big issue in this country, there are a proportion who do so on racist grounds.

Do you think the Government do not know this? Do you not think that they know there are a small percentage of easy votes to be gained by pandering to those who rate immigration as among the greatest threats facing the country today? Don’t you think it a bit fishy that the fly em to Rwanda scheme didn’t materialise until Johnson was under increased partygate pressure? Finally, as far as the “well, what would you do?” line that is parroted by the Government’s supporters goes, were any of you proposing the Rwanda solution before Johnson and co did? Of course you weren’t, because it’s a bonkers idea designed purely to move the discussion onto something the Government are happier talking about.