+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Romaine Sawyers signs

Re: Romaine Sawyers signs

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    For me, the only real concern is that he started just 19 league games for a Stoke side that finished 14th last season. No idea if that was down to injury or a lack of form.
    He was injured for a couple of months https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/spor...powell-6333092

Would have loved him at Reading. This is a very good signing.

Happy with this, been missing a creative player since Tomlin left.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Happy with this, been missing a creative player since Tomlin left.
    Apart from Harry Wilson

We now have one of the strongest midfields with the best depth in the Championship. Any three from six would be good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    We now have one of the strongest midfields with the best depth in the Championship. Any three from six would be good enough.
    I admire your optimism, but no.

There are quite a few teams who definitely wouldn't swap their midfields with ours.
    West Brom, Sheff Utd, Norwich, Watford etc

I think it is a decent championship level midfield though

Sign a good striker and centre half then I reckon we can finish comfortable mid table. If the football improves as well then I think that will be a good season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Sign a good striker and centre half then I reckon we can finish comfortable mid table. If the football improves as well then I think that will be a good season.

I think we might still see a bit of movement yet. Not sure why but I have a feeling Wintle may get moved on, I hope not. Watters, Collins, Phillips, Whyte, Sang will be moved on and 1 maybe 2 CBs, 1 Winger and at least 2 strikers maybe 3 to come in.

Yeah I'd be happy with better football, comfortably mid table and continued youth development this season.

I'd like to see McGuinness, Davies, Bagan and Colwill establishing themselves as quality players at this level, Ideally the likes of Denham too.
    And in addition to that it would be good to see some of the next crop get the odd cameo as well i.e. Ashford or Crole

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Not sure why but I have a feeling Wintle may get moved on, I hope not.
    Why do you think that? He was recalled straight away by Morison and played almost every minute under him. Don't see why the player, the manager, or the club would want him to move on?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'd like to see McGuinness, Davies, Bagan and Colwill establishing themselves as quality players at this level, Ideally the likes of Denham too.
    Of the 5 you mention there, I actually think Denham has got the most potential and will go the furthest.

I'm still 50/50 on Colwill. I feel that he could either develop into a top PL talent, or burn out pretty fast, kind of like a Championship Dele Alli. This is going to be a big season for him.

Is this one of the biggest pre-season shake-ups at the club? The squad will be unrecognisable, I can't speak for others but on the 30th I'm going to struggle to know who's who. It's kind of surreal and as was mentioned earlier, it's got the feel of a new FUT team when a a new FIFA comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I admire your optimism, but no.

There are quite a few teams who definitely wouldn't swap their midfields with ours.
    West Brom, Sheff Utd, Norwich, Watford etc

I think it is a decent championship level midfield though
    I've seen loads of Cardiff fans on Twitter saying it's one of the best midfields in the league. I can't quite believe it tbh, its a decent enough midfield but it's nowhere near the best

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I've seen loads of Cardiff fans on Twitter saying it's one of the best midfields in the league. I can't quite believe it tbh, its a decent enough midfield but it's nowhere near the best
    Maybe it just seems like it compared to last year's midfield

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We can't make any outlandish claims, not until we at least see how they gel together.

However, It certainly makes me feel more optimistic than the time when I heard Marlon Pack was joining us (yes, I do have a perverse habit of following their message board, and I knew that Pack was slow back then!).

Good signing, I always liked him when he was at Brentford.