+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Political quiz question.

Political quiz question.

i heard this on the radio yesterday, so cannot claim any credit for it. I think I know the answer, but am happy to be corrected.

Who is the last PM to both enter and leave office as a result of general election outcomes?

Re: Political quiz question.

Ted Heath

Ted Heath?

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Ted Heath
    That would be my guess.

Yes, that's who I came up with and it would have been Harold Wilson for the first time after that, Lord knows who the next one was - Attlee?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, that's who I came up with and it would have been Harold Wilson for the first time after that, Lord knows who the next one was - Attlee?
    Wilson actually left office in between elections on 16th March 1976 so he did not leave office as the result of an election.

But on the first occasion he came in 1964 as the result of an election and left in 1970 after another oneso I susppose idepends how you interpret the question

I think you are right Attlee was the one before this

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Wilson actually left office in between elections on 16th March 1976 so he did not leave office as the result of an election.

But on the first occasion he came in 1964 as the result of an election and left in 1970 after another oneso I susppose idepends how you interpret the question

I think you are right Attlee was the one before this
    Although I accept I worded it clumsily, I was referring to Harold Wilson’s first time as PM.

posted in error