Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Starmer and Rayner cleared.

Re: Starmer and Rayner cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Actually good point, most neutrals.

Obviously Torys would say he's worse, Lefties would say he's a saint
    Lefties wouldn’t be defending starmer

It could go either way especially as thier folk in that area potentially thinking one rule for one ,or is this part of the kill Boris theory. Tories will use this especially as the Police Commissioner maybe an ex Labour person..

Why did they initially deny Ange being there is the strange one for me ..

Whichever way you paint it , something will stick always does in politics ..

Perception is powerful..

Such fun ...

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I completely accept it.

It's just in the context of the old adage "One rule for them, another for us" this now applies to Labour more than the Tories. Johnson has lost his job. Rishi Sunak was fined. Starmer has gotten away with it on the technicality that they continued working after drinking beer..as if no one did so after Johnson ate cake.

You guys know there is a clear inconsistency here.

As I've said all along - both are completely taken out of all proportion, especially when we see everything else happening in the world.
    Just think back to what it took for the met to even investigate the Tory parties. And before that, it needed that video of their practice press conference to be leaked for any of us to know about it.

So yes, one rule for the Tories still applies, I'm afraid, even if number 10 received more fines than any other building in the country. Once the met had been shamed into investigating, it was so bad that even they couldn't continue turning a blind eye.

Compared to that, Starmers beer at work was nothing as everyone else on here knows. Plus Johnson lied to parliament about it on a number of different occasions.

International

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It could go either way especially as thier folk in that area potentially thinking one rule for one ,or is this part of the kill Boris theory. Tories will use this especially as the Police Commissioner maybe an ex Labour person..

Why did they initially deny Ange being there is the strange one for me ..

Whichever way you paint it , something will stick always does in politics ..

Perception is powerful..

Such fun ...
    100% the left papers used it to bring Boris down, the right papers will use it to damage Starmer for the election, it's going to be a rotten two years, full of smears and dirty tricks the media realise they can affect the public perception, and brutally damage politicians if they keep on day after day.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    100% the left papers used it to bring Boris down, the right papers will use it to damage Starmer for the election, it's going to be a rotten two years, full of smears and dirty tricks the media realise they can affect the public perception, and brutally damage politicians if they keep on day after day.
    Boris was brought down by his own party, his decisions & his lies - not the left papers.

If it wasn't for the deputy chief whip groping a couple of men last week then Boris Johnson and his cabinet would still be exactly as they were.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    In the space of 24 hours, it does rather seem that the phrase One rule for us, another for everyone else applies to the Labour Party more now.

Morally, there is no way that travelling across the country and drinking booze and eating pizza in the evening prior to an election with people is less of an issue than people working together in the most important office in the country who are tested daily, sharing a cake.

Nonetheless, there we are.
    Topical dishonest Tory. The birthday party was a pre-arranged social gathering, with no work purpose, that included people who didn’t work there. The curry was dinner after a day of campaigning which the law expressly permitted. It was never illegal to eat food.

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    Boris was brought down by his own party, his decisions & his lies - not the left papers.

If it wasn't for the deputy chief whip groping a couple of men last week then Boris Johnson and his cabinet would still be exactly as they were.
    Sorry Tito, I'm not picking on you mate, but 'groping' is a bit too lame and Tabloid for me. It's sexual abuse. There are people on the Sex Offender's Register for this kind of thing and Johnson ignored it then lied about it.

Of course Boris incident was worse as was rhe deception, but this will appear a strangly timed event after yesterday ..

That's not my view however there is a word called perception and lots use it against all Tories.which is unfair for those decent folk .

Anyway can someone please answer the question why deny Ang's presence which was initially said ..

My humble theory they didn't want to lose both and she wasn't.clearly shown in the picture..

It seems to me that both were workplaces, both had large gaterings and drink , both exceeded the rule of 6 , Labour's as was the Tories was an alleged late working event.

It depends on how you view the law , same potential crime one bigger than the other ..

Folk would have been fined for small events like Kiers ..

To Kiers defence he fessed up however not straight away ..

Sadly he doesn't recognise Ange after a few beers to be fair she is a quiet soul.. you'd never know she was there .. for me there's a slight smells of a gulity cover story that should have given police a warning..

But Boris was by far worse .as was his deception.

Both guilty though.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Sorry Tito, I'm not picking on you mate, but 'groping' is a bit too lame and Tabloid for me. It's sexual abuse. There are people on the Sex Offender's Register for this kind of thing and Johnson ignored it then lied about it.
    They're not mutually exclusive. Pincher groped the two gentlemen which can be a form of sexual abuse.

I'm not underplaying what happened just stating that he did indeed grope two victims.

Of course Boris incident was worse as was rhe deception, but this will appear a strangly timed event after yesterday ..

That's not my view however there is a word called perception and lots use it against all Tories.which is unfair for those decent folk .

Anyway can someone please answer the question why deny Ang's presence which was initially said ..

My humble theory they didn't want to lose both and she wasn't.clearly shown in the picture..

It seems to me that both were workplaces, both had large gaterings and drink , both exceeded the rule of 6 , Labour's as was the Tories was an alleged late working event.

It depends on how you view the law , same potential crime one bigger than the other ..

Sadly he doesn't recognise Ange after a few beers to be fair she is a quiet soul.. you'd never know she was there .. for me there's a slight smells of a gulity cover story that should have given police a warning..

Both guilty though.
    You lost. Get over it.

They're not mutually exclusive. Pincher groped the two gentlemen which can be a form of sexual abuse.

I'm not underplaying what happened just stating that he did indeed grope two victims.

Both guilty though.
    You lost, get over it.

As explained above. Johnsons birthday party was a pre-arranged social gathering, with no work purpose, that included people who didn’t work there. The curry was dinner after a day of campaigning which the law expressly permitted. It was never illegal to eat food or drink a beer with said food.

There were different laws around COVID for different times, look it up.

Just to add, it's something that I feel has been underplayed by the press especially when seemingly excusing it because it was 'drunken' behaviour. I think Johnson himself commented something along the lines of 'why didn't you stop him drinking' or words to that effect, which also demonstrates that he just doesn't understand the seriousness.

My feeling is that Johnson wouldn't have seen it as anything other than 'drunken Bullingdon Club type antics'. Which is further demonstrable evidence of his and his enabler's incompetence.

Welcome to the Politics Board, thread about Labour politicians not breaking the law.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Glad they were cleared, seems the right decision for me. I think the pressure that both durham and the met police have been put under is disgraceful, from both sides of the press. I'm sure the pond life that write for the mail and the guardian are penning critical stories about the decision right now
    The Guardian don't do pond life. Are you mixing it up with the Tadpole Express or the Newt Sun?

Poor old CCMB Tories. I actually almost feel sorry for them; one of the last remaining straws has just moved out of reach of their clutches.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    The Guardian don't do pond life. Are you mixing it up with the Tadpole Express or the Newt Sun?
    There's a bit there, not as much as the mail but it's definitely there.

Poor old CCMB Tories. I actually almost feel sorry for them; one of the last remaining straws has just moved out of reach of their clutches.
    You appear to hate starmer more than any of the tories do! I bet you're crying into your soviet flag !!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Starmer and Rayner are hopeless , she's unelectable

Get rid of both of them
    Surprised you say that about Rayner. I would have thought she'd be right up your street. She's a proper lefty who hates tories. You've surprised me sludge !

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    You appear to hate starmer more than any of the tories do! I bet you're crying into your soviet flag !!
    No I don't hate him at all, I have respect for him but he's not the ideal leader for Labour. And no I don't have a Soviet flag; I don't do nationalism.

No I don't hate him at all, I have respect for him but he's not the ideal leader for Labour. And no I don't have a Soviet flag; I don't do nationalism.
    Fair enough, always got the feeling you didn't like the guy. Personally I think he may surprise a few people as the elections come closer.

Both guilty though.
    Except Starmer wasn't guilty of anything?

Last weekend, Twitter was full of Tories saying Starmer and Rayner had already been fined, but the Labour Party had taken out an injunction to stop it being publicised. I did not read one message at that time claiming that the pair of them having “no case to answer” would be bad news for Labour, but it seems that, hilariously, some on here are now peddling that line

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Except Starmer wasn't guilty of anything?
    He could always pretend though if it keeps him happy.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Last weekend, Twitter was full of Tories saying Starmer and Rayner had already been fined, but the Labour Party had taken out an injunction to stop it being publicised. I did not read one message at that time claiming that the pair of them having “no case to answer” would be bad news for Labour, but it seems that, hilariously, some on here are now peddling that line
    I suppose when one is desperate any port in a storm and all that.