+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Yet another case of scientific zeitgeist :

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...arch-16-years/

For me the terrible part is there were scientists trying to get this message across to the mainstream media and leading scientific bodies, but they were dismissed. The point I'm making is exactly the same as throughout the thread - be skeptical, question everything, even when the 'experts' are in the majority..
    Yes science should always be questioned, that's kind of the point.

However not one of the people who are expressing doubt in man made climate change in this thread has been able to describe to me what the case for climate change being man made actually is, despite me asking several times.
    I strongly suspect that is because you don't know what it is.

Questioning things because the evidence is weak, or there is good evidence that contradicts it is a good thing to do. Being sceptical about something because you haven't taken the time to understand it is just ignorance, and assuming that you know more than any credible scientists working in the field, from reading some right wing twat's opinion piece is just pure arrogance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

However not one of the people who are expressing doubt in man made climate change in this thread has been able to describe to me what the case for climate change being man made actually is, despite me asking several times.

Questioning things because the evidence is weak, or there is good evidence that contradicts it is a good thing to do. Being sceptical about something because you haven't taken the time to understand it is just ignorance, and assuming that you know more than any credible scientists working in the field, from reading some right wing twat's opinion piece is just pure arrogance.
    You were doing well until you confirmed your confirmation bias

You can't help getting personal and abusive can you. People who are more aggressive on media tend to do so to over compensate for real life inadequacies. You get angry and unpleasant pretty much every time you try to make a point.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    You can't help getting personal and abusive can you. People who are more aggressive on media tend to do so to over compensate for real life inadequacies. You get angry and unpleasant pretty much every time you try to make a point.
    Why do you think I'm angry?

If you're that offended by the rude word I used then feel free to omit it and re-read the post.

Didn't realise there were so many delicate people on here.

Didn't realise there were so many delicate people on here.
    Surely it hasn't taken you this long to realise this...