+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hopes and aspirations for the new season

Re: Hopes and aspirations for the new season

That we pass the ball around like we've been doing in preseason.
    That we score some nice looking goals.
    That we win some games that we're not supposed to win, starting with Norwich on Saturday.
    That we finish top half, which is way higher than where everyone thinks we'll finish.
    That we don't capitulate against Swansea.
    That Wintle is the first name on the team sheet every week.
    That we don't bench Colwill and Davies right after they have a good performance.
    That Watters does well with the chances he's given.
    That we get rid of the red seats once and for all.
    That I don't poo myself every time the ball is near our box because our defence is shite.
    That our top goal scorer isn't a defender.

I would like to be able to look forward to enjoying going to games once again; instead of it becoming the chore that it has been increasingly become during recent seasons.

While there is nothing wrong with applauding tons of effort, a crunching tackle, a last-ditch challenge, an attempted through ball that is over hit… I want to be able to applaud and appreciate decent positive football, on a regular basis, during a game.

If we are doing that, and we are still applauding the last-ditch tackles etc, and I am leaving the ground feeling happy, anticipating the next game as well, then I will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I genuinely felt so sorry for those in The Family Stand last season. It must have been miserable.
    I sat in the Family stand with my Grandson, and take it from me, I would have loved to see Schrödinger's goal 👍🏻

Win more home games
    Don't lose both derby games
    Mid table with a better style of football

I have two hopes:

1. Avoiding relegation and;

2. Playing attractive football.

The second might look achievable but do not want that to happen if we play well and lose.

Not to get relegated are my hopes and aspirations for the new season. Goals win games, and the fact that Morison hasn't brought in a couple of decent strikers concerns and worries me. If we lose heavily in our opening game to Norwich then daggers will be out for him for sure

Just hope we don't see a video like we did last year of so many fans passing away , everything else is a positive ..

Promotion. Flirting with the playoffs would be nice. Top half would be acceptable. I'd settle for not having to think about relegation at any point in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Mine are

That we win more games than we lose NOT ACHIEVED
    That we find a striker who regularly scores goals NOT ACHIEVED
    That the new players produce good performances that are also good to watch OCCASIONALY YES BUT NOT OFTEN ENOUGH
    That we get off to a reasonable start over the first ten games and thus avoid talk of sackings and relegation NOT ACHIEVED
    That our u23 graduates make a sustained impact NOT ACHIEVED
    That Joe Ralls remains fit and produces his best. NOT ACHIEVED
    That Morison tones down we/he was awful, we/he was great when having lost. DEBATABLE?

In summary, the top half of the table, encouraging performances, heading in the right direction will at this point do for me
    NOT ACHIEVED

NOT ACHIEVED
    It's only ****ing September you lunatic

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    It's only ****ing September you lunatic
    Yes. you're absolutely right ...it is only September - well done.
    I can't comment on what will happen in future months because as I'm sure you realise; it hasn't happened yet!
    But as of today, would you argue with my assessment to date?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just to start enjoying watching us play again.
    Why do you have to be so ambitious all of the time

Yes. you're absolutely right ...it is only September - well done.
    I can't comment on what will happen in future months because as I'm sure you realise; it hasn't happened yet!
    But as of today, would you argue with my assessment to date?
    It doesn't matter if it's correct now or not, I think it's ridiculous to make a judgement on your hopes for the season after 10 games. Number two for example, finding a striker who regularly scores goals - we've spent 1.75 million on one, he's only played two games but you've made the judgement that that's NOT ACHIEVED, it's ludicrous

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Hope that Steve Morison is sacked by November, aspire to one day like a CCFC manager. It’s been a while.
    We go with what we got

You miserable bastard