Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Haaland

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Haaland has posters of Harris on his bedroom wall
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Yeah he’ll bag over 30 I’m certain of it.
    And me I been saying it to my friends since before he signed. In that team, staying fit, I think he breaks all records.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    And me I been saying it to my friends since before he signed. In that team, staying fit, I think he breaks all records.
    Tall order to score 61 in a season, love to see him have a crack at it but 60 looks unbeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Tall order to score 61 in a season, love to see him have a crack at it but 60 looks unbeatable.
    Everyone knows football records start from '92. Keep up.

Everyone knows football records start from '92. Keep up.
    Wouldn’t put it past Sky to start a tearing down statues campaign. Any statue of a pre ‘92 player or manager hauled down, imagine our Fred bobbing up and down in the Ely River

As long as he stays fit I can’t see how he won’t. I’ve not watched much of him until now I didn’t realise how big and fast he is, absolute monster of a player.

I thought I had him as triple captain in my fantasy team today. I forgot to press "save team".

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I thought I had him as triple captain in my fantasy team today. I forgot to press "save team".
    Just as well, save the triple captain for a double gameweek.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I feel his progress is being hindered due to needless substations. He has been taken off early in 4 out of 5 games and only played 395/450 minutes, which hast cost him a couple of goals against tiring defences.
    Fresher for the next game then though

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder’s Mam View Post
    Fresher for the next game then though
    He doesn't do much, and you'll never see him wasting his energy on silly things like kicking the ball when there is no goal scoring opportunity.

The only reason Cornelius gets shit on this board is because he cost a small fortune and we sold him back for peanuts. He's better than most we have atm and if you don't agree with that then you should give up football and take up knitting

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    The only reason Cornelius gets shit on this board is because he cost a small fortune and we sold him back for peanuts. He's better than most we have atm and if you don't agree with that then you should give up football and take up knitting
    What's wrong with origami?

What's wrong with origami?
    Can't do that, It'll be the end of the thread..

Pass me the angora, love.

He doesn't do much, and you'll never see him wasting his energy on silly things like kicking the ball when there is no goal scoring opportunity.
    Very true

Knit one, purl one, drop one....

Scores again.
    Currently 0-1 up against Sevilla.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Scores again.
    Currently 0-1 up against Sevilla.
    And another.

He’s an absolute beast.

The hattricks have dried up .. sell, sell sell.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyscoular View Post
    Haaland right now is a classic poacher. Sooner rather than later teams will figure him out and the goals will stop coming so easily.

In the meantime, he's amazing to watch.
    Figure him out? 101 appearances and 103 goals at his age, and they haven’t figured him out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyscoular View Post
    Haaland right now is a classic poacher. Sooner rather than later teams will figure him out and the goals will stop coming so easily.

In the meantime, he's amazing to watch.
    Gerd Müller was probably the epitome of a 'goal poacher'. Right throughout his career he scored goals for club & country - the opposition never figured him out.
    In the same way, I don't see Haaland being "figured out".

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Gerd Müller was probably the epitome of a 'goal poacher'. Right throughout his career he scored goals for club & country - the opposition never figured him out.
    In the same way, I don't see Haaland being "figured out".
    Jimmy Greaves, the top flight’s record scorer, is another one who springs to mind, did score after some incredible dribbling but mostly just instinctively knew where to be. Haaland is similar.

He should sign for us. We'll sort out his goalscoring exploits.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    He should sign for us. We'll sort out his goalscoring exploits.
    Miss one, sky one, scuff one.