Thread: Transfer- the emiliano sala story- new 9 part podcast on bbc sounds

International

Re: Transfer- the emiliano sala story- new 9 part podcast on bbc sounds

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Flight - No four is now available!
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0cvmyz9

International

This flight is absolutely ridicluous, the piliot is not qualified, the flight is totally illegal, the planes numbers were recorded wrongly on the flight details.

The autopilot is inoperative as it had an intermittent fault from two years ago, he was flying the plane by sight at night in the dark with the autopilot switching on and off!

International

This flight is absolutely ridicluous, the piliot is not qualified, the flight is totally illegal, the planes numbers were recorded wrongly on the flight details.

The autopilot is inoperative as it had an intermittent fault from two years ago, he was flying the plane by sight at night in the dark with the autopilot switching on and off!
    Typo

This flight is ridiculous, the pilot is not qualified, the flight is totally illegal, the planes numbers were recorded wrongly on the flight details.

Just listened to the latest one.
    I'm finding it incredible that the plane is in such bad condition, no proper maintenance has been done, the autopilot was known to be faulty for years.... He hires a pilot that wasn't qualified, and the CPS don't charge him for anything related to Sala's death.
    He just gets 18 months for aviation crimes.
    What the fffuuuu...

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Just listened to the latest podcast , Sala was on €48,000 per month at FC Nantes , Cardiff we’re going to pay him £50,000 per week.
    I find it absolutely staggering that we were prepared to pay £15m and £50k per week for how long - 3 years minimum possibly ? (nearly £8m in total) for a player that the Transfer Committee did not want to sign. I would be interesting to find out why Messrs. Dalman and Choo did not want to sign him. Did they think that they were paying over the odds ? Perhaps they didn't think he was good enough ? Or perhaps they didn't want to get into deal that involved Mackay ? We may never find out.

Christ that advert is doing my head in

Episode 5 out now. Court room recreation. Best episode so far i think.

Episode 6 all about cardiff city.......

Episode 6 is available now.

Episode 7 sounds particularly intriguing.

Cheers for the heads up, will be having a listen later

International

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Cheers for the heads up, will be having a listen later
    Just listened to six, nothing really new, hopeflly the last three mght have something new?

Right at the end they did say we will hear from someone we have never heard from before?

Seven out tomorrow I think.

Just listened to six, nothing really new, hopeflly the last three mght have something new?

Right at the end they did say we will hear from someone we have never heard from before?

Seven out tomorrow I think.
    Disappointing so far really, nothing new at all.
    Hoping they don't disappoint with the last few or the whole thing seems a bit pointless.
    At least bring something new to the table.

Disappointing so far really, nothing new at all.
    Hoping they don't disappoint with the last few or the whole thing seems a bit pointless.
    At least bring something new to the table.
    Such podcasts go global and it is likely that the vast majority of people who listen to it have very little knowledge of events compared with City fans who may already be aware of many of the twists and turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Such podcasts go global and it is likely that the vast majority of people who listen to it have very little knowledge of events compared with City fans who may already be aware of many of the twists and turns.
    I can't argue with that, and it's not as if these guys have tried to sell anything other than a re-telling of the story.
    I just think that a lot of us maybe expected more than what it is.
    Why re-tell what we already know if there's nothing new to add?
    Anybody interested in the "story" could have found all this info online.
    It just smacks of "cashing in" to me.

I can't argue with that, and it's not as if these guys have tried to sell anything other than a re-telling of the story.
    I just think that a lot of us maybe expected more than what it is.
    Why re-tell what we already know if there's nothing new to add?
    Anybody interested in the "story" could have found all this info online.
    It just smacks of "cashing in" to me.
    I haven't yet heard this particular podcast and am only about twenty minutes into it and therefore unable to form an opinion as to whether anyone is cashing in, as you put it.
    I regularly listen to podcasts and have been introduced to various cases (e.g. State-controlled international fraud carried out by North Korea, an abducted child in Australia, a serial fraudster who stole from women in NZ etc). I would probably not have heard about those cases via another medium and would not have learned about such things in such depth had I not listened to podcasts that lasted many hours and which were so very well researched and put together so thoughtfully and in one place, as it were (and rather than reading short synopses in the way of articles on the net).
    I think you are missing the point in that the vast majority of listeners won't be as familiar with the case as we are and there are probably things that not all of us City fans knew anyway.
    Such reportage may not necessarily be exploitation but good journalism.
    Open your mind, old fruit.

Episode 7 the pilot out and seems to be the one gathering most news and coverage.

Last two episodes fizzled out a bit for me think I was hoping for to much though

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Last two episodes fizzled out a bit for me think I was hoping for to much though
    I agree. I've enjoyed listening to it, as it was well made and is based on a compelling, yet incredibly tragic subject. I'm not sure they had enough material to stretch it over eight episodes and almost five and a half hours, especially as unsurprisingly they had no new material to share, or had any comments from the club.