+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Double Glazing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: O/T Double Glazing

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    No they ain't.That is the point.
    Educate me then? Are companies putting windows in that are 30-40mm short? When they come out, they measure up, it's in their interests to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Educate me then? Are companies putting windows in that are 30-40mm short? When they come out, they measure up, it's in their interests to do so.
    This has always been my experience of the situation. Even on a new build extensions where I obviously build the openings spot on as per drawing the openings are measured prior to manufacture.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    This has always been my experience of the situation. Even on a new build extensions where I obviously build the openings spot on as per drawing the openings are measured prior to manufacture.
    Yeah, what advantage would a window fitter get from putting in under sized windows? ****ing baffled

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yeah, what advantage would a window fitter get from putting in under sized windows? ****ing baffled
    There are obviously standard size openings, 1200 x 900, 1200 x 1200 etc, but good luck to a manufacturer making a batch of windows standard size. We know, in the game, that it doesn’t work that way. They’re very rarely timber nowadays where a chippie could run a plane up the sides......haven’t seen a chippie use a hand plane or saw for that matter. They’d rather pick a rattlesnake up than a tool without a lead or battery

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    There are obviously standard size openings, 1200 x 900, 1200 x 1200 etc, but good luck to a manufacturer making a batch of windows standard size. We know, in the game, that it doesn’t work that way. They’re very rarely timber nowadays where a chippie could run a plane up the sides......haven’t seen a chippie use a hand plane or saw for that matter. They’d rather pick a rattlesnake up than a tool without a lead or battery
    Don't see Timber windows, unless they're hardwood or sash, and they're all double glazed. I can remember putty. Loved the smell of it