+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Welcome to Wrexham

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Welcome to Wrexham

The documentary series is clearly integral to why they took the club on.

They have obviously sold the streaming company (I forget which one) the idea of following a club from the bottom to the top.

Probably becoming people's social media sort of team in the process. An advertisement dream.

They probably don't fully appreciate how unpredictable the game can be though, and the higher they rise the less their financial impact will have.

Be interesting to see how it progresses. Without the doc series and the current level of media attention I don't see what's in it for them.

Whilst there though I do get the impression they will do things right and it's a million times better for their fans to have something exciting going on.

Re: Welcome to Wrexham

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Be interesting to see how it progresses. Without the doc series and the current level of media attention I don't see what's in it for them.
    A lot of future profit from their investment if they get it right.
    If they could get Wrexham up the league's, it attracts further investors from elsewhere, that's no doubt the aim.
    It's a clever move if they can pull it off.
    They now own the club and the ground, it opens up development opportunities and could ultimately go a long way if they can get the additional investment.
    What they've spent a few million on, could be worth a hundred million in years to come.