+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome to Wrexham

Re: Welcome to Wrexham

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Not for me, as headline grabbing as it is. I’d imagine they’re not wealthy enough for where we are and also the nagging feeling that it’s all going to end in tears.
    They're nowhere near wealthy enough for a Championship team with Premier League aspirations. I have no fondness in particular for Wrexham. However, I certainly like them more than Swansea or Newport. I don't see this as being a huge, Hollywood-style success story. But I think Wrexham will do alright out of it.,

are there any welsh people in Wrexham ?

I never get the love in with Wrexham or any other club because they are Welsh.
    In Wrexhams case they have just become a Man City type club albeit on a much smaller scale I hope it all crashes and burns
    Gog Divs.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I never get the love in with Wrexham or any other club because they are Welsh.
    In Wrexhams case they have just become a Man City type club albeit on a much smaller scale I hope it all crashes and burns
    Gog Divs.

That's the spirit!
    On a serious note, it's a good watch. That Rob McElheny is one driven bloke. Still not sure why Wrexham exactly but he's got the bit between his teeth for sure, he's determined to make things happen for the club and fair play to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post

That's the spirit!
    On a serious note, it's a good watch. That Rob McElheny is one driven bloke. Still not sure why Wrexham exactly but he's got the bit between his teeth for sure, he's determined to make things happen for the club and fair play to him.
    i would take him over Tan any day. He respects the supporters and the culture surrounding the club

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    i would take him over Tan any day. He respects the supporters and the culture surrounding the club
    They seem great owners but they have even said themselves they couldn’t cope at championship level financially. Only thing fans accept is results.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    What, two Hollywood film stars with restricted unknown finances, who until very recently knew absolutely nothing about football in the UK. Isn't that what you have been moaning about here for ages ?
    They’ve bought into the culture, they’ve bought in to the history of the club. Miles away from Dictator Tan, I’d swap them tomorrow.

The documentary series is clearly integral to why they took the club on.

They have obviously sold the streaming company (I forget which one) the idea of following a club from the bottom to the top.

Probably becoming people's social media sort of team in the process. An advertisement dream.

They probably don't fully appreciate how unpredictable the game can be though, and the higher they rise the less their financial impact will have.

Be interesting to see how it progresses. Without the doc series and the current level of media attention I don't see what's in it for them.

Whilst there though I do get the impression they will do things right and it's a million times better for their fans to have something exciting going on.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Without mentioning the shirt business, what's our 'culture' ?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Without mentioning the shirt business, what's our 'culture' ?
    Cardiff city is a much bigger club.I don't really know what ours is ..maybe somebody should make a Docu about us.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Be interesting to see how it progresses. Without the doc series and the current level of media attention I don't see what's in it for them.
    A lot of future profit from their investment if they get it right.
    If they could get Wrexham up the league's, it attracts further investors from elsewhere, that's no doubt the aim.
    It's a clever move if they can pull it off.
    They now own the club and the ground, it opens up development opportunities and could ultimately go a long way if they can get the additional investment.
    What they've spent a few million on, could be worth a hundred million in years to come.

A lot of future profit from their investment if they get it right.
    If they could get Wrexham up the league's, it attracts further investors from elsewhere, that's no doubt the aim.
    It's a clever move if they can pull it off.
    They now own the club and the ground, it opens up development opportunities and could ultimately go a long way if they can get the additional investment.
    What they've spent a few million on, could be worth a hundred million in years to come.
    As far a sponsorship is concerned I’m not sure they could go bigger than Tik Tok, Expedia, etc. The value of those sponsorships potentially increases as they go up the leagues though.

I was talking to a lass I know from Pittsburgh in my local last night.
    She had no idea about football but she was getting up early this morning to watch the Wrexham game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I was talking to a lass I know from Pittsburgh in my local last night.
    She had no idea about football but she was getting up early this morning to watch the Wrexham game.
    How’d they get on?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    How’d they get on?
    Just saw they conceded late on in the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Is this on TV over there? I've seen posters at bus stops in NYC and there's an ad on a national TV network. Complete with a bloke with a gog accent
    My situation is probably the reverse of most. I'm very familiar with Wrexham but had never heard of these actor guys.

Just started watching this, really interesting. Tan needs to watch this and learn some lessons in running a football club.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Just started watching this, really interesting. Tan needs to watch this and learn some lessons in running a football club.
    It was a good watch.
    These two American actors clearly had the smarts to appoint football men to run a football club.

Tan had the smarts to appoint two trusted financiers with no clue about football clubs.

The difference is now telling.

It was a good watch.
    These two American actors clearly had the smarts to appoint football men to run a football club.

Tan had the smarts to appoint two trusted financiers with no clue about football clubs.

The difference is now telling.
    I won’t knock the Wrexham owners, in fact I think it’s great and I’m really enjoying watching their journey.

However they have zero promotions and Tan has 2 including some cup finals?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I won’t knock the Wrexham owners, in fact I think it’s great and I’m really enjoying watching their journey.

Difference is we were knocking on the door before Tan. Wrexham, in my opinion, will be set up for longer term success and not alienate 50% of the fan base in the process.

How many relegations do they have?

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Difference is we were knocking on the door before Tan. Wrexham, in my opinion, will be set up for longer term success and not alienate 50% of the fan base in the process.
    We were but also trying to be liquidated by HMRC.

I’m not saying one is better than the other, we have made enough mistakes that’s for sure. Wrexham seem to be doing it the right way, and their values actually seem inline with how you would want an owner to act. I think the key will be in 5 years time. Football fans are extremely fickle.

We were but also trying to be liquidated by HMRC.

I’m not saying one is better than the other, we have made enough mistakes that’s for sure. Wrexham seem to be doing it the right way, and their values actually seem inline with how you would want an owner to act. I think the key will be in 5 years time. Football fans are extremely fickle.
    And I, albeit it reluctantly, thank Tan for that. It’s what he did from the rebrand onwards that I have nothing but distain for. He’s too stubborn to admit he’s got it massively wrong and it will be the ruin of our club of we’re not careful.