Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Morgan Gibbs-White £44.5m

Re: Morgan Gibbs-White £44.5m

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder’s Mam View Post
    You chat some shite fair play
    Feck off tory

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    But very lucky in the games against Huddersfield and Brighton at the CCS - something that very rarely gets mentioned. And who knows how the Man Utd game would have worked out if it wasn’t a dead rubber?

It makes no odds, though. City were relegated. Again. This “I’d rather be in the Championship” bollocks always makes me smile. It’s so defeatist and the reasons for it are obvious.
    No I agree we had decisions as well. I just dont agree it was a hopeless mess. We were superb against Chelsea that day. We didnt deserve that.

The hopeless mess was the window after.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You’re speaking from the perspective of a supporter whose club has made a hopeless mess of their two seasons in Premier League. It’s a position of failure.
    First time we were undone by your mate who should have kept his powder dry, otherwise I an pretty sure we would have avoided the drop before the circus that followed.

Second time, as has been mentioned, we were undone by, what I can only describe as blatant cheating and still almost survived.

Our club is moving in the right direction again, and I for one am happy again in the Championship.

You however never seem happy.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    First time we were undone by your mate who should have kept his powder dry, otherwise I an pretty sure we would have avoided the drop before the circus that followed.

Second time, as has been mentioned, we were undone by, what I can only describe as blatant cheating and still almost survived.

Our club is moving in the right direction again, and I for one am happy again in the Championship.

If we win 3 nil , it's raining

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I’m very happy at present. Things are going really well. Your “I’d rather be in the Championship” defeatist rubbish is only adding to my good humour. It truly is laughable.

An interesting contest at Goodison Park, the new "it's a man's game" directive is clear to see, with some hefty challenges going unpunished. Have we got our game back?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    No I agree we had decisions as well. I just dont agree it was a hopeless mess. We were superb against Chelsea that day. We didnt deserve that.

The hopeless mess was the window after.
    we could and perhaps should have got something from that Chelsea game, but out performance is hugely overrated in people's memories. Chelsea were deserved winners.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    we could and perhaps should have got something from that Chelsea game, but out performance is hugely overrated in people's memories. Chelsea were deserved winners.
    Perhaps more importantly, there were seven games left after the Chelsea defeat. They included further defeats to Burnley, Fulham and Palace.

The win in the dead rubber at Old Trafford has skewed people’s perceptions. The truth is City were well short of survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    No.

It was a shocking decision. Their fans were singing we are feckin shit and abusing their team and manager.

We were brilliant and didnt deserve that decision.

Gibbs-White looking a bargain for 25m!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    No.

It was a shocking decision. Their fans were singing we are feckin shit and abusing their team and manager.

We were brilliant and didnt deserve that decision.
    The penalty Huddersfield should have had at the CCS was equally as shocking. Shocking from the ref not to give it. Huddersfield were robbed in that game, they were much better than us.
    At the end of 38 games you deserve where you finish and we deserved to go down. The Fulham away crunch game, we also didn’t turn up.

Brennan Johnson puts forest 1 nil up

And Johnson scores with another calm finish.

https://clip.dubz.co/v/9gk6p4

He has to score that but still a very good finish

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder’s Mam View Post
    https://clip.dubz.co/v/9gk6p4

He has to score that but still a very good finish
    Perfectly positioned to capitalise on any errors though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Perfectly positioned to capitalise on any errors though.
    Definitely, Everton’s number 3 probably should have been paying more attention to him though, would be very annoyed as an Everton fan

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Morgan Gibbs-White to Forest for £34m, potentially up to £44.5m.

Is this the most ridiculous fee ever?

Completely unproven in the Prem.

Wolves have signed Nunes for £38m, recently described by Pep as one of the best midfielders in the world.

I’m surprised whoever did the deal for Wolves could keep a straight face.

You’d think Forest would know better given their history and Derby.

Scandalous
    It looks like a very astute signing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It looks like a very astute signing to me.
    Same here.