+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hugill Return??

Hugill Return??

I wonder ??

Re: Hugill Return??

I think he would be perfect for how we set up.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I think he would be perfect for how we set up.
    Better than anything that we have.

At least he holds the ball up and doesn’t concede possession easily unlike Watters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

At least he holds the ball up and doesn’t concede possession easily unlike Watters.
    Agreed, and he can put the ball in the net…..unlike Watters!

We need someone desperately.

Harris and Watters aren't good enough.

I’ve said it before but I think we need at least two strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Harris and Watters aren't good enough.
    And both are ahead of Etete in the pecking order...

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    And both are ahead of Etete in the pecking order...
    I think they're all third choice.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I think they're all third choice.
    They're all lacking, Watters has zero confidence and isn't very quick or strong. Harris is quite quick and works hard but is terrible, and Etete is, well, I don't really know what he is yet but he doesn't look very good.

Our midfield is also an issue, there is no way we're getting more than 5 goals out of those 3. They never get in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They're all lacking, Watters has zero confidence and isn't very quick or strong. Harris is quite quick and works hard but is terrible, and Etete is, well, I don't really know what he is yet but he doesn't look very good.

Our midfield is also an issue, there is no way we're getting more than 5 goals out of those 3. They never get in the box.
    I wouldn't say that Watters is necessarily weak as he's at least had a few instances of holding his own against defenders. He looks more clumsy than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I wouldn't say that Watters is necessarily weak as he's at least had a few instances of holding his own against defenders. He looks more clumsy than anything.
    He's not weak but he isn't very strong either. He's not up to it, let's be honest. Neither is Harris and Etete is third choice... Being the worst of a bad bunch isn't ideal.

Etete is going to take some time, you can tell some good physical qualities are there but I'm really struggling to see how he fits in with the style that Morrison wants to play. Considering our limited coffers, maybe a bit of strange one.

I disagree completely.

One of my many frustrations with him is that he gets bullied by opposing defenders ALL the time.

I disagree completely.

One of my many frustrations with him is that he gets bullied by opposing defenders ALL the time.
    Augero wasn’t exactly worlds strongest man and one of the best strikers on the planet

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Augero wasn’t exactly worlds strongest man and one of the best strikers on the planet
    Aguero was incredibly strong. He had a super low centre of gravity and you couldn’t knock him off the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Aguero was very strong.

Etete was a strange signing. If he was any good, spurs wouldn't have let him go for £500k. If he was a Tier 1 player they would have kept him, T2, sold him for millions to a german team, T3, kept him out on loan and eventually sold him.

It is a speculative punt for a couple of years time. Realistically he should probably go on loan to a L1 or L2 club to get some games. That miss against BHam was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Aguero was very strong.
    I can't believe Aguero has even been brought up in the conversation. Max Watters isn't even at Chris Pike or Carl Dale level yet.

All three of the forwards we have all look more suited to playing alongside another forward. Assuming we're not switching to a 4-4-2 anytime soon, I'd say we do need two forwards similar in style to Hugill, who can make those kind of runs in behind and hold up the ball at least a little bit in order to bring others into play.

Etete does seem a strange gamble to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    Etete was a strange signing. If he was any good, spurs wouldn't have let him go for £500k. If he was a Tier 1 player they would have kept him, T2, sold him for millions to a german team, T3, kept him out on loan and eventually sold him.

It is a speculative punt for a couple of years time. Realistically he should probably go on loan to a L1 or L2 club to get some games. That miss against BHam was awful.
    To be fair to Etete we haven’t seen enough of him yet. All we can go on are people that have seen him and the general feeling among Spurs fans was that they were disappointed he went on a permanent and were very keen on a buy back clause. I also do t think he was signed as a starter - more a project.

International

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I wonder ??
    We need a Chopra, McCormack or aging Bellamy type, all thrree of them would be on four or five goals by now in this team!

I would take Hugill too, although he's a different type of Striker.

International

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    We need someone desperately.
    Listen to Morison's comments we'll get two I think!

Isaak Davies shouldn't be discounted, he should walk into the striker spot once fit

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Isaak Davies shouldn't be discounted, he should walk into the striker spot once fit
    But he's a second striker and needs to play up front with someone who can lead the line.