+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Morison: "I'm fed up of defending [strikers]"

Re: Morison: "I'm fed up of defending [strikers]"

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Ah the Dave Jones shoestring budget myth.

Dont get me wrong some great signings there. But they cost. Jones spent plenty. If I remember correctly Bothroyd was signed after a million pound plus deal for Marcus Bent fell through.
    Myth? I wouldnt mind betting every one of those signings was worth whatever the 125k or so we paid for them. Most we sold on for millions and others spent their careers here.

We didnt have Vincent tan bankrolling us with his million or so a month loss back then. Without that work from jones never mind thrived as much as we did i dont see how the club would have survived.

CCMB: Our strikers are shit.

SM: Our striker's aren't shit.

CCMB: SM's an idiot.

***oNe WeEk LaTER***

SM: Our strikers are shit.

He can't win. Some people just don't like him and are waiting for the downfall.

Glad to hear we were at least trying for Delap. Would have been over the moon with him.

Yesterday's result did burst my optimistic bubble. I was starting to get excited after some decent performances. Looking up the table instead of down. But truth be told that bubble burst as soon as Bagan got injured and Ng was moved out of position. We need that Kipre/Ng partnership to have even the slightest chance of winning.

I still think this team is miles better than last season's and that will show in the long run. But now I'm back to my preseason belief that it'll be a mid-table finish full of ups and downs. Got carried away with all those possession stats.

The next ten days could prove very important for the season. Going to be interesting. Will we sign the striker we desperately need or panic and end up with Zohore?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post

SM: Our striker's aren't shit.

***oNe WeEk LaTER***

SM: Our strikers are shit.

He can't win. Some people just don't like him and are waiting for the downfall.
    Haha true

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    I see a lot of people on here too saying that when fit Isaac Davies will be the answer. It's possible but, given that he's arguably not a natural center forward or that he's scored lots in the past or that he has loads of Championship experience - it's probably unfair to expect that. I can see the regulars jumping on his back too if he hasn't scored in two or three games.
    I think his game will suit the role that we are trying to get Watters to play, and very small sample size but he has a better scoring rate than either Watters or Harris. if he'd have been fit from the start of the year I'm confident he'd have been the starting striker instead of Watters.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Myth? I wouldnt mind betting every one of those signings was worth whatever the 125k or so we paid for them. Most we sold on for millions and others spent their careers here.

We didnt have Vincent tan bankrolling us with his million or so a month loss back then. Without that work from jones never mind thrived as much as we did i dont see how the club would have survived.
    Yes its a myth. Dave Jones had a good budget.

He was also backed with the club holding on to Ledley and Bothroyd who both together would probably have got us around 10m minimum for the 2. But due to the failure to go up they walked for nothing.

We also resigned Chopra for millions and sold McCormack on the cheap.

Your also forgetting the so called free transfers and wages and signing on fees we were splashing out to attract players.

Fowler , JFH , Sinclair were frees but I bet their cost in signing on fees and wages were huge.

He some great signings but he had a far better budget than Morison.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Seems we’ve already done that with Etete.
    I think just adding to the numbers is a bit harsh.
    for 500k you obviously aren't likely to get the finished product, but if we can turn him into a good player at this level we will make a fortune on that investment.
    makes sense as a signing to me, even though there's no guarantees that it'll work out

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    for 500k you obviously aren't likely to get the finished product, but if we can turn him into a good player at this level we will make a fortune on that investment.
    makes sense as a signing to me, even though there's no guarantees that it'll work out
    Same here.

Give me a 500k premier league prospect over a 6 million Lee Gwan level Gary Madine any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Same here.

Give me a 500k premier league prospect over a 6 million Lee Gwan level Gary Madine any day of the week.
    that is a pretty low bar to set ourselves though

We’ll see. IMO If he was any good Spurs wouldn’t have let him go for 500k. People make it sound like he’s going to be the next Harry Kane. Wishful thinking.

All of our strikers are young prospects. He’s just added to the numbers.

that is a pretty low bar to set ourselves though
    That's just where the bar's been

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yes its a myth. Dave Jones had a good budget.

He was also backed with the club holding on to Ledley and Bothroyd who both together would probably have got us around 10m minimum for the 2. But due to the failure to go up they walked for nothing.

We also resigned Chopra for millions and sold McCormack on the cheap.

Your also forgetting the so called free transfers and wages and signing on fees we were splashing out to attract players.

Fowler , JFH , Sinclair were frees but I bet their cost in signing on fees and wages were huge.

He some great signings but he had a far better budget than Morison.
    Bothroyd cost £300k, Jones worked miracles with what little money he had.

Would it be worth having Crole on the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Would it be worth having Crole on the bench?
    Surely it has to be worth a go. There’s someone who looks a natural finisher all day long