Daily standing charge: £0.46

Gas
    £0.07 per kWh

Daily standing charge: £0.27

£0.15 per kWh

Daily standing charge: £0.28

Re: Gas Price

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    Is it an absolute requirement that you are single and are you restricted to just the one squaw? Just asking.
    One Native American brave had three squaws.
    One slept on a buffalo skin, one on a deer skin, and on on a hippopotamus skin.
    They all got pregnant. The first two had a baby each, but the third had twins.
    Which shows that the squaw on the hippopotamus hide is equal to the sum of the squaws on the other two hides.

New price cap announced
    Typical bill could be over £3,500
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-62633742

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    New price cap announced
    From your link:

'The typical household energy bill will hit £3,549 a year from October,' then 'January price cap could rise to £5,386 - industry analysts.'

One Native American brave had three squaws.
    One slept on a buffalo skin, one on a deer skin, and on on a hippopotamus skin.
    They all got pregnant. The first two had a baby each, but the third had twins.
    Which shows that the squaw on the hippopotamus hide is equal to the sum of the squaws on the other two hides.
    Very good 😁
    Now can someone please appreciate my tri ci response, it is pure comedy gold. Not that I am needy or anything.

The UK deserves this. We keep voting for the worst of us, most don't care about how their vote effects the most vulnerable in society but now this will hit people badly perhaps we'll be more careful with our votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    The UK deserves this. We keep voting for the worst of us, most don't care about how their vote effects the most vulnerable in society but now this will hit people badly perhaps we'll be more careful with our votes.
    I agree. We are collectively responsible.

We deserve what we are prepared to tolerate.

International

Agreed Wales is in a hell of a state

I know what you are trying to say but the Tories and Brexit vote were no where near a majority of the electorate. In the GE, it wasn’t even the majority who voted. Doubtless the extra hike in energy bills won’t trouble many Tories but a good number will inevitably start to ask what they are ‘Conservatives’ for. A warped ideology isn’t going to pay the bills.

I agree. Our tidal lagoons could be up and running by now producing electricity for years and reducing our need to burn gas for electricity had the UK Tories agreed with the Welsh Tories and every other Party in Wales.

We also need a national programme to move away from gas central heating and towards home solar and ground heat pumps.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    As I was saying earlier in the thread:

https://www.theguardian.com/business...rgy-costs-soar

“More than 70% of pubs do not expect to survive winter as energy costs soar”
    Lot's of pubs do a meal and a drink for £10 -£11, in January it might be cheaper for some to go to the pub, nurse a drink for hours watch the football, rather than eating at home and heating the house?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Agreed Wales is in a hell of a state
    I bet you think you're really clever with snide comments like that. At the end of the day you voted for the party that's in charge of the UK, you voted for brexit, you are the reason we are in this state, take some responsibility.

New price cap announced
    And the Russians are burning off £8 million a day of Gas on the border of Finland as they can’t store it? This world is just so messed up ffs

Climate change: Russia burns off gas as Europe's energy bills rocket https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-62652133

Lot's of pubs do a meal and a drink for £10 -£11, in January it might be cheaper for some to go to the pub, nurse a drink for hours watch the football, rather than eating at home and heating the house?
    It'll be cheaper to have a gym membership and then the nation can become healthier as well as save on heating and eating.

I bet you think you're really clever with snide comments like that. At the end of the day you voted for the party that's in charge of the UK, you voted for brexit, you are the reason we are in this state, take some responsibility.
    Disagree with this message. Been a long time since the energy industry was privatised. Labour had 13 years to re-nationalise them and failed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Disagree with this message. Been a long time since the energy industry was privatised. Labour had 13 years to re-nationalise them and failed to.
    Well my reply to that is Corbyn would have done it. I wouldn't have voted for Blair back then if I were old enough, I won't be voting for Starmer either.

International

It was a genuine reply, Drakeford is the Leader it must be his fault for the World wide cost of energy has gone up, thats what lots on here are saying?

The same for the English people, it must be Boris's fault for them?

I mean why didn't Drakeford and Boris, stop the World puting the price up, it's there job surely, if they had we wouldn't have this problem?

And don't get me started on Corona Virus, they just let that virus do what ever it wanted!

It was a genuine reply, Drakeford is the Leader it must be his fault for the World wide cost of energy has gone up, thats what lots on here are saying?
    You know nobody is saying that.

Drakeford has no power over energy in Wales, he can't nationalise it. The Tories in Westminster can but refuse.

Tell me how the tories are Labour in Wales are the same as the tories in Westminster in this situation, go on, I bet you can't.

I wonder what the impact on bills would have been if the Tories hadn't shut down the UKs largest gas storage facility in 2017.

The same for the English people, it must be Boris's fault for them?

I mean why didn't Drakeford and Boris, stop the World puting the price up, it's there job surely, if they had we wouldn't have this problem?

And don't get me started on Corona Virus, they just let that virus do what ever it wanted!
    Nice edit.

How come this is only happening in the UK then? No other countries are seeing any other electric and gas bills like this. A friend of mine who used to post on this board Dudders now lives in Sweden,want to know his bill for this month? £12.30.

France's bills only increased by 4%

What I find with every single conservative without failure, you can never explain why other countries are doing better, you can never explain why we used to do better.

International

Nice edit.

How come this is only happening in the UK then? No other countries are seeing any other electric and gas bills like this. A friend of mine who used to post on this board Dudders now lives in Sweden,want to know his bill for this month? £12.30.

What I find with every single conservative without failure, you can never explain why other countries are doing better, you can never explain why we used to do better.
    Sweden to help households as electricity prices soar over 266%

https://www.euronews.com/2022/01/12/...-soar-over-266

It's all centre left Magdalena Andersson's fault, why can't she control the World wide cost of energy!

International

Nice edit.

We haven't got a Striker why can't Boris just give us some more money so we can buy one, it's his fault the players demand such high wages, if anything goes wrong it must be Boris's fault, i'm a lefty and it's my default position?

If jewamy had got in none of this would have happened, no Corona, no Ukraine War, no energy crisis, no Striker crisis!

Just had an Eureka thought.
    I was going to dismantle the greenhouse this autumn, but we can live in it during the winter. Everyone knows greenhouses trap heat. Just needs a few chairs and take the staging out - and there's already lectric and water there.
    Not so crazy when you think of all the ole men who live in their greenhouses on allotments.

Sweden to help households as electricity prices soar over 266%

https://www.euronews.com/2022/01/12/...-soar-over-266

It's all centre left Magdalena Andersson's fault, why can't she control the World wide cost of energy!
    Ok great Sweden actually helps their citizens, thank you for making my point for me.

International

Ok great Sweden actually helps their citizens, thank you for making my point for me.
    Every Country is going to help citizens, the UK included, they've already said!