+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There is no climate emergency

There is no climate emergency

Re: There is no climate emergency

You're like someone from 80s pointing out that there's some scientists funded by tabaco companies that say smoking is good for you..

Many of those apart of the global climate intelligence group have links to Koch industries who you guessed it, benefit from the status quo and continued oil production.

What peer reviewed research has this group actually done to show that image change isn't real?

Honestly if you believe this group over 99% of scientists you are thick.

Some more reading on this https://www.desmog.com/climate-intel...ation-clintel/

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    You're like someone from 80s pointing out that there's some scientists funded by tabaco companies that say smoking is good for you..

Many of those apart of the global climate intelligence group have links to Koch industries who you guessed it, benefit from the status quo and continued oil production.

What peer reviewed research has this group actually done to show that climate change isn't real?

Not sure why 'climate' autocorrected to 'image' on my phone.

What peer reviewed research has this group actually done to show that image change isn't real?

I posted it without comment, so I'm not sure why you responded with an ad hominem.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I posted it without comment, so I'm not sure why you responded with an ad hominem.
    Is man made climate change real?

Is man made climate change real?
    I am currently in the learning and observation stage.

I am currently in the learning and observation stage.
    And what is your conclusion?

And what is your conclusion?
    Currently indeterminate.

Currently indeterminate.
    Why?

Why?
    because he hasn't understood the case for man made climate change

Why?
    Lot's of variables in play. Bad science experience with covid and ongoing politicisation/monetising of climate. Also private jets are still filling the skies, those with huge mansions aren't downsizing, and billionaires are buying homes meters from the sea. As it currently stands, the normal people are about to get shafted, while those above carry on as normal. Therefore I will be doing more research before I cheer on my own demise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    because he hasn't understood the case for man made climate change
    That's the easy part.

That's the easy part.
    No, No, Didn't you get the memo? RJK is more intelligent than you, and he HAS to show you why...

Anyone should be able to see by now an engineered economic calamity is being made to happen, but few are able to come to terms with the prospect that food and energy will become increasingly unaffordable due to raging inflation, and rolling power blackouts are in our near future, that's with or without a direct conflict with Russia plus China, its proxy North Korea, and perhaps Iran too.

Incredibly, the vast majority seem unable to see it as they continue to be preoccupied with being idly entertained. They will have a dozen grub tins in their food cupboards and a packet of fish fingers and several pizzas in the freezer. "Nobody could have seen this coming," they'll whine. When they clock the state won't feed them they'll presume it's their neighbours' responsibility to fill their faces.

Most won't be able to as they will be similarly unprepared.

Lot's of variables in play. Bad science experience with covid and ongoing politicisation/monetising of climate. Also private jets are still filling the skies, those with huge mansions aren't downsizing, and billionaires are buying homes meters from the sea. As it currently stands, the normal people are about to get shafted, while those above carry on as normal. Therefore I will be doing more research before I cheer on my own demise.
    This is crazy. Let's break it down piece by piece.

Bad science experience with covid? What does that even mean?

Private jets still filling the sky? How is that related to whether climate change is man made or not?

Those with huge mansions aren't downsizing? See the point above.

Billionaires buying homes by the sea. Again see the point above.

Normal people will get shafted? Well we had a chance to vote for a politician that would have helped 'Normal people' and he was rejected. I'd bet my house thay there is a huge correlation between those who deny man made climate change and voting right wing who then shaft normal people.

So in conclusion not a single one of your arguments has anything to do with the science of climate change, you just have a feeling...

Prince Charles , is one of the most vocal people on climate change …… doesn’t seem to practice what he preaches , in a real emergency they would be the first to act wouldn’t they? ( well we know from the last few years they wouldn’t)

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/art...jets-costs-evg

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...k-avoid-stuck/

https://www.independent.co.uk/climat...-b1982113.html

That's the easy part.
    please then, will you describe what you understand to be the "case" for climate change?

I've asked this several times on this site and none of the climate sceptics on here are prepared to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Prince Charles , is one of the most vocal people on climate change …… doesn’t seem to practice what he preaches , in a real emergency they would be the first to act wouldn’t they? ( well we know from the last few years they wouldn’t)

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/art...jets-costs-evg

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...k-avoid-stuck/

https://www.independent.co.uk/climat...-b1982113.html
    I don't know why you think rich twat doesn't practice what he preaches is a good arguement? This isn't a gotcha moment that you seem to think it is.

Can you tell me exactly why 99% of scientists are wrong on this issue?

I don't know why you think rich twat doesn't practice what he preaches is a good arguement? This isn't a gotcha moment that you seem to think it is.

Can you tell me exactly why 99% of scientists are wrong on this issue?
    See below :

http://ossfoundation.us/projects/env...ncing-evidence

Anyone could sign up - even me.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    See below :

http://ossfoundation.us/projects/env...ncing-evidence

Anyone could sign up - even me.
    Are you saying man made climate change is real? Because that link says that 31,000 scientists say climate change is a myth but the source of that figure is from a petition that anyone could sign up to.

By the logic of many here if someone who smokes told you that smoking causes lung cancer that instantly makes it not true.

By the logic of many here if someone who smokes told you that smoking causes lung cancer that instantly makes it not true.
    The covid response would be a much better analogy, and I've noticed many people are transferring their initial covid mindset over to climate, i.e. believing everything coming from the UN, WHO, think tanks, billionaires, big corporations, bought and paid for scientists, governments, TV and the media, with absolutely zero sense of deja vu. Anyway, as with all of these things time will be the great revealer, but unfortunately by that point it will all be too late, as you will have already lost everything.

The covid response would be a much better analogy, and I've noticed many people are transferring their initial covid mindset over to climate, i.e. believing everything coming from the UN, WHO, think tanks, billionaires, big corporations, bought and paid for scientists, governments, TV and the media, with absolutely zero sense of deja vu. Anyway, as with all of these things time will be the great revealer, but unfortunately by that point it will all be too late, as you will have already lost everything.
    But it isn't though.

See, I knew you were a denialist and there is no point pretending otherwise. What YouTube rabbitholes have you fallen into to come up with this nonsense?

Do you honestly believe that scientists who say climate change is a thing are paid off?! Are you completely going to ignore how oil companies have been paying off scientists for decades to deny climate change? Do you really believe the billionaire class/big corporations aren't interested in maintaining the status quo. If the people above actually gave a shit we'd have phased out fossil fuels decades ago, instead we are limping along and it'll probably be too late to stop serious damage.

This is beyond, this forum is full of nutjobs.

But it isn't though.

See, I knew you were a denialist and there is no point pretending otherwise. What YouTube rabbitholes have you fallen into to come up with this nonsense?

Do you honestly believe that scientists who say climate change is a thing are paid off?! Are you completely going to ignore how oil companies have been paying off scientists for decades to deny climate change? Do you really believe the billionaire class/big corporations aren't interested in maintaining the status quo. If the people above actually gave a shit we'd have phased out fossil fuels decades ago, instead we are limping along and it'll probably be too late to stop serious damage.

This is beyond, this forum is full of nutjobs.
    I'm not a denialist, I am just highlighting the variables that you need to take into account. They are all political and agenda driven, and have little to do with actual science. In short, they are solutions looking for a problem.

Strange happenings with the weather in China, Europe and the US. It will do nothing to help tame grub prices.