+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rishi Sunak on Covid lockdowns

Re: Rishi Sunak on Covid lockdowns

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    He just tried to be stupid and delay everything, damage tourism, damage the economy and made petty stupid rules like you can't drive five miles for the sake of it!

He proved if Labour was in full power, we would have locked down much harder for much longer and we would have been in a far worse position than we are now.
    God bless him! He's a hero and saved many lives IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There speaks a man who’s trying anything to become Prime Minister. I for one am pleased that there was a tendency to err on the side of caution at a time when so little was known about Covid.
    Thank goodness no one listened to the conspiracy theorists. Sunak just lost even the most miniscule degree of credibility he might have once possessed. Grandstanding in desperation to an odd minority suddenly with power conferred upon them.

[QUOTE=ToTaL ITK;5336852]
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Why is the f*cking thread on the football section?[/QUOTE
    He did say sorry for the wrong posting
    He did. I knew that. He also asked it to be moved. If these threads show up in what I think is the football section, then, they're fair game for my snark. I hardly ever start threads and if I do, they're generally about football or they'll be asking for help advice (which this board is really good at delivering because there are some really good people around even if they're quiet most of the time - my fear, is they'll stop reading).

Some threads are started and people know full well it'll end up about politics. I'm now giving the politics board a swerve because it's f*cking crazy over there. There are still good posters but f*ck me there's stuff over there that's scary. We have threads f*cked up on a regular basis when they're about football but even those can get hijacked by basement trolls pretty quickly.

I'm just saying what a lot of people are thinking. If we don't fight this stuff, then there will just be

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    God bless him! He's a hero and saved many lives IMHO
    A hero who authorised weapons made in Wales to be shipped to the Saudi airforce for the bombing of Yemen 🇾🇪
    https://www.thenational.wales/news/2...es-complicity/

[QUOTE=Citizen's Nephew;5336865]
    Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    He did. I knew that. He also asked it to be moved. If these threads show up in what I think is the football section, then, they're fair game for my snark. I hardly ever start threads and if I do, they're generally about football or they'll be asking for help advice (which this board is really good at delivering because there are some really good people around even if they're quiet most of the time - my fear, is they'll stop reading).

Some threads are started and people know full well it'll end up about politics. I'm now giving the politics board a swerve because it's f*cking crazy over there. There are still good posters but f*ck me there's stuff over there that's scary. We have threads f*cked up on a regular basis when they're about football but even those can get hijacked by basement trolls pretty quickly.

I'm just saying what a lot of people are thinking. If we don't fight this stuff, then there will just be
    Why don’t you allow people with a different opinion to you have their say , ultimately the thread was in reply to a statement made by a person who could be the next prime minister

Clearly as much as you buy into the lockdowns and overreach there are plenty of posters who don’t ,if you don’t agree , don’t cry about it

I'm not stopping anyone have their say. Certainly not crying about it. Isn't it funny how often the people who champion their right to 'having a different opinion' generally do so in response to someone with a different opinion?

I'm not stopping anyone have their say. Certainly not crying about it. Isn't it funny how often the people who champion their right to 'having a different opinion' generally do so in response to someone with a different opinion?
    Huh ? You tried to belittle my response by coming out with the lazy conspiracy theory dig which clearly isn’t the case when Sunak is making commentary of this nature

Grow up FFS. The Conspiracy Theorists's Board is over there -------->
    The law of unintended consequences were set in motion by these unpreceded lockdown measures, and things are about to get a whole lot worse with the new climate regulations causing the cost of energy to spiral out of control. People are going to lose their livelihoods and their homes, and should this terrible fait visit upon you, I hope you will take your own advice and air your grievances over there -------->

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The law of unintended consequences were set in motion by these unpreceded lockdown measures, and things are about to get a whole lot worse with the new climate regulations causing the cost of energy to spiral out of control. People are going to lose their livelihoods and their homes, and should this terrible fait visit upon you, I hope you will take your own advice and air your grievances over there -------->
    Yeah, because the first thing I'll think of is.......I must air my grievances over there ---------> That'll show 'em!

Yeah, because the first thing I'll think of is.......I must air my grievances over there ---------> That'll show 'em!
    Those are the rules of divide of conquer.

Churchill quote “Scientists on tap, not on top”

This world is feeling more like a Maxist controlled one as we reel from crisis to crisis, liberty and choice are at risk.

Suprised not to see more Freedom / Liberty demonstrations..

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    This world is feeling more like a Maxist controlled one as we reel from crisis to crisis, liberty and choice are at risk.

Suprised not to see more Freedom / Liberty demonstrations..
    It's down to the Max Factor, maybe it needs a make over.

Did anybody on here agree with the lockdowns?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Did anybody on here agree with the lockdowns?
    I would say those who stayed at home on 80% or whatever it was loved it especially when it started as the weather was so nice.
    i still deal with lots of clients who have never gone back to the office but suspect as the winter draws in they will be clamouring to get back in the office for the ability to turn the fire on without having to worrying about the bill.

A.T.B
    Clandestine

Little by little the truth of lockdown is being admitted: it was a disaster

Public fear was deliberately stoked to justify decisions made on the hoof and based on questionable advice

Lockdown was an extreme and unprecedented response to an ancient problem, the challenge of epidemic disease. It was also something else. It marked one of the gravest governmental failures of modern times. In a remarkably candid interview with The Spectator, Rishi Sunak has blown the gaff on the sheer superficiality of the decision-making process of which he was himself part. The fundamental rule of good government is not to make radical decisions without understanding the likely consequences. It seems obvious. Yet it is at that most basic level that the Johnson government failed. The tragedy is that this is only now being acknowledged.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/l...ster-5b5lrlgwk

I got back from Germany last Friday and it's still obligatory out there to wear a mask on planes, buses and on the trains - and not just the common or garden masks that were considered acceptable over here at the height of the pandemic. In fact, I had to ugrade my mask over there to a medical grade masks after a bus driver would not let me on the bus wearing the former - and there is talk of tightening up the regs even futher.
    I think we sometimes need to take a step back and consider what is also happening on the other side of what the French and the Germans describe as 'The Sleeve'.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I got back from Germany last Friday and it's still obligatory out there to wear a mask on planes, buses and on the trains - and not just the common or garden masks that were considered acceptable over here at the height of the pandemic. In fact, I had to ugrade my mask over there to a medical grade masks after a bus driver would not let me on the bus wearing the former - and there is talk of tightening up the regs even futher. I think we sometimes need to take a step back and consider what is also happening on the other side of what the French and the Germans describe as 'The Sleeve'.
    Chancellor Scholz is big on the authoritarian WEF agenda, so your news does not surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He did a good job on the whole . The Tories had the chance and Wales wasn't interested

God bless the Taffies
    Drakeford simply played a childish political game , just remember he was the health minister a few years back that cut the health budget , Welsh Health is poor and its on his watch , we could have been better ,we could have been different in our approach but no ,let's all blame the Tories is an easier narrative to follow and the sheep nod and vote and vote and vote and and ..

The Tories didn't or ever will have a chance so you and I and others will never know anything different other than a Labour run country ..

Thank god the evil Tory government still support huge national organisations to be sited in Wales below is the list :
    DVLA.
    ONS.
    Patent Office .
    Companies House .
    HMPS.
    Taxes.
    Passports
    Welsh Goverment Buildings
    228 Welsh Organisations

All decent pay with decent pensions ..

Just imagine if the evil ones closed or moved them up North ...

All WAG does is build more and more layers with tax payers money, imagine swapping the whole cost of it out and into health , education, policing , social housing , highways..

Grow up FFS. The Conspiracy Theorists's Board is over there -------->
    https://twitter.com/america1scotty/s...f8dSVSUTgs0CFw

“Conspiracy Theorist “

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I got back from Germany last Friday and it's still obligatory out there to wear a mask on planes, buses and on the trains - and not just the common or garden masks that were considered acceptable over here at the height of the pandemic. In fact, I had to ugrade my mask over there to a medical grade masks after a bus driver would not let me on the bus wearing the former - and there is talk of tightening up the regs even futher.
    I think we sometimes need to take a step back and consider what is also happening on the other side of what the French and the Germans describe as 'The Sleeve'.
    Latest Cases per Million though:

Germany 389 per million (29th Aug 2022)
    UK 68 per million (25th Aug 2022)

https://ourworldindata.org/explorers...AN~DEU~ITA~IND

Both have seen significant reductions over the last month.

I don't know what the reasoning for this is. Different levels of reporting perhaps, but it doesn't seem that mandating masks in certain incidences have led to lower cases there. Needless to say, the argument is that their levels would be higher still without them, but the point still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    That's how they got rid of Corbyn.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Latest Cases per Million though:

Germany 389 per million (29th Aug 2022)
    UK 68 per million (25th Aug 2022)

https://ourworldindata.org/explorers...AN~DEU~ITA~IND

Both have seen significant reductions over the last month.

I don't know what the reasoning for this is. Different levels of reporting perhaps, but it doesn't seem that mandating masks in certain incidences have led to lower cases there. Needless to say, the argument is that their levels would be higher still without them, but the point still stands.
    Good lord.

Covid infections and severe illnesses were declining before the first lockdown, something that was pointed out in the huge Covid thread on this board and ridiculed - Sunak would have known this as well

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/09/02/...down-fanatics/