+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rishi Sunak on Covid lockdowns

Re: Rishi Sunak on Covid lockdowns

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Covid infections and severe illnesses were declining before the first lockdown, something that was pointed out in the huge Covid thread on this board and ridiculed - Sunak would have known this as well

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/09/02/...down-fanatics/
    Bob likes to selectively quote from that thread, I wonder why he didn't point this out? Maybe we need to go through that thread and highlight everything that people got wrong, so that we can all learn from our mistakes.

Bookmakers' odds suggest it's a foregone conclusion Truss will become PM. Best price available for her to win is 1-20. Most have her at 1-33.

@America1Scotty Account suspended

Screenshot 2022-09-02 at 12.12.06.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post

Getting suspended by Twitter isn't the bad thing that you think it is

I don’t know who he is , however, the 1943 directive is on point isn’t it ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Drakeford simply played a childish political game , just remember he was the health minister a few years back that cut the health budget , Welsh Health is poor and its on his watch , we could have been better ,we could have been different in our approach but no ,let's all blame the Tories is an easier narrative to follow and the sheep nod and vote and vote and vote and and ..

The Tories didn't or ever will have a chance so you and I and others will never know anything different other than a Labour run country ..

Thank god the evil Tory government still support huge national organisations to be sited in Wales below is the list :
    DVLA.
    ONS.
    Patent Office .
    Companies House .
    HMPS.
    Taxes.
    Passports
    Welsh Goverment Buildings
    228 Welsh Organisations

All decent pay with decent pensions ..

Just imagine if the evil ones closed or moved them up North ...

All WAG does is build more and more layers with tax payers money, imagine swapping the whole cost of it out and into health , education, policing , social housing , highways..
    I can confirm that here in England under the Tories, everything is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Latest Cases per Million though:

Germany 389 per million (29th Aug 2022)
    UK 68 per million (25th Aug 2022)

https://ourworldindata.org/explorers...AN~DEU~ITA~IND

Both have seen significant reductions over the last month.

I don't know what the reasoning for this is. Different levels of reporting perhaps, but it doesn't seem that mandating masks in certain incidences have led to lower cases there. Needless to say, the argument is that their levels would be higher still without them, but the point still stands.
    I don't know what the situation is in Germany but I know about 15 people who have likely had covid in the last month and none of them to my knowledge have had an official test, only a handful even did a lateral flow. I'd imagine our figures are almost entirely from people who have to test for work or are in hospitals/care homes.

I don’t know who he is , however, the 1943 directive is on point isn’t it ?
    You're a bit late to the party quoting Lither, sorry Hitler. Here's one of my favourites though:

"Without followers, evil cannot spread." Mr Spock, Star Trek.

You're a bit late to the party quoting Lither, sorry Hitler. Here's one of my favourites though:

Sorry, I should have added that Spock said that in 'Star Trek', Season 3, episode 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Bob likes to selectively quote from that thread, I wonder why he didn't point this out? Maybe we need to go through that thread and highlight everything that people got wrong, so that we can all learn from our mistakes.
    “Selectively quote”? There are so many posts in that thread and so many different opinions in it, that anyone who refers to it are selectively quoting from it.

Was there categoric evidence available in mid March 2020 that the number of cases were going down?

What are you talking about now , untimely you can’t even answer the question , these phrases are banded about to try and discredit people who dare offer a different opinion. What Sunak has said , has been obvious from the start and clearly he knew it at the time , the problem was that he would have been cancelled if he had come out with these type of comments in 2020.

It appears to me that a significant amount of conspiracies appear to have been correct, that being said, if you can offer an alternative viewpoint , then of course it would be welcomed .

What do think people in this county called a person who shut down apposing views prior to January 2019, any idea ?

What are you talking about now , untimely you can’t even answer the question , these phrases are banded about to try and discredit people who dare offer a different opinion. What Sunak has said , has been obvious from the start and clearly he knew it at the time , the problem was that he would have been cancelled if he had come out with these type of comments in 2020.

It appears to me that a significant amount of conspiracies appear to have been correct, that being said, if you can offer an alternative viewpoint , then of course it would be welcomed .

What do think people in this county called a person who shut down apposing views prior to January 2019, any idea ?
    OK, let's stop this dance. I'm tired.

I responded to you directly quoting me because when I eventually saw your post, I checked the Twitter feed and tried to follow up where that engagement had come from only to find out that their account had been suspended. I'm guessing you made the post and linked to the Hitler quote because you thought it poignant.

Fair enough, but it's not really a new argument or enlightening approach for me and I felt slightly belittled insomuch that I'd regard that as O'level history (I'm showing my age here) and wasn't sure if you were taking the p*ss or just didn't like something about the way I post. I apologise if I jumped to conclusions but things have got a little tetchy around here.

I'll just point out that I read Mein Kampf when I was in my late teens and studied that period of history for a while so none of this is new to me. It may go some way to explaining my combination of irritability and exasperation with this board when I see either trivialisation or juvenile point-scoring mockery in the form of the current President of the US photoshopped as Hitler and the moniker pedohitler being attached to the man. I stress at this point, this has nothing to do with the truth, whatever that may be, or what anyone's political persuasions are. It's just in very poor taste and I don't like it.

Getting back to the Hitler quote, it's such a redundant question from you as to whether I think it has any validity it was almost insulting. I'm not saying you were being insulting, I'm saying I didn't take it seriously.

The answer is *drum roll* ....of course. It's been proven over decades and why I have very little time for any person of authority (over me) and corporations. I'm actually much more attuned to your line of questioning than you realise (I just choose to do it differently, that is, differently to the way people present their questioning on here). I re-read Toby Young's About Page on his site again yesterday and it's well written, coherent, intelligent, articulate and mature. I'd forgotten what a good writer he his.

I think all that's happened here is that we both have several arguments, posts, threads and points overlapping that there's raw sensitivity afoot. Especially after last week when things really kicked off on this board.

I'm not shutting you or anyone down. Most of the time I'm tired due to other factors so my time and energy is at a premium. It's probably the biggest single factor why I shouldn't spend time on this board but as I don't bother with other social media on a personal level I've been reluctant to give it up.

You aren't the reason for me questioning whether I should be here, but I am questioning it. It's a serious issue and I've not liked the way that some things are conveniently overlooked or downright ignored. The politics board is pretty sh*tty tbh as it's dominated by a few individuals who really do need to question their life choices and goals. I'm not being hypocritical, I'm questioning those things about myself too.

Well, you asked me to answer the question! Have a great evening.
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 02-09-22 at 22:02. Reason: grammar

OK, let's stop this dance. I'm tired.

I responded to you directly quoting me because when I eventually saw your post, I checked the Twitter feed and tried to follow up where that engagement had come from only to find out that their account had been suspended. I'm guessing you made the post and linked to the Hitler quote because you thought it poignant.

Fair enough, but it's not really a new argument or enlightening approach for me and I felt slightly belittled insomuch that I'd regard that as O'level history (I'm showing my age here) and wasn't sure if you were taking the p*ss or just didn't like something about the way I post. I apologise if I jumped to conclusions but things have got a little tetchy around here.

I'll just point out that I read Mein Kampf when I was in my late teens and studied that period of history for a while so none of this is new to me. It may go some way to explaining my combination of irritability and exasperation with this board when I see either trivialisation or juvenile point-scoring mockery in the form of the current President of the US photoshopped as Hitler and the moniker pedohitler being attached to the man. I stress at this point, this has nothing to do with the truth, whatever that may be, or what anyone's political persuasions are. It's just in very poor taste and I don't like it.

Getting back to the Hitler quote, it's such a redundant question from you as to whether I think it has any validity it was almost insulting. I'm not saying you were being insulting, I'm saying I didn't take it seriously.

The answer is *drum roll* ....of course. It's been proven over decades and why I have very little time for any person of authority (over me) and corporations. I'm actually much more attuned to your line of questioning than you realise (I just choose to do it differently, that is, differently to the way people present their questioning on here). I re-read Toby Young's About Page on his site again yesterday and it's well written, coherent, intelligent, articulate and mature. I'd forgotten what a good writer he his.

I think all that's happened here is that we both have several arguments, posts, threads and points overlapping that there's raw sensitivity afoot. Especially after last week when things really kicked off on this board.

I'm not shutting you or anyone down. Most of the time I'm tired due to other factors so my time and energy is at a premium. It's probably the biggest single factor why I shouldn't spend time on this board but as I don't bother with other social media on a personal level I've been reluctant to give it up.

You aren't the reason for me questioning whether I should be here, but I am questioning it. It's a serious issue and I've not liked the way that some things are conveniently overlooked or downright ignored. The politics board is pretty sh*tty tbh as it's dominated by a few individuals who really do need to question their life choices and goals. I'm not being hypocritical, I'm questioning those things about myself too.

Well, you asked me to answer the question! Have a great evening.
    Good post ,thanks for clarifying