+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The price of Camper vans ££££££££££

International

The price of Camper vans ££££££££££

My mates just bought one £75K, they seem to have gone through the roof, the same as static vans down west, there is no shortage of money when it comes to those types of holidays at the minute, although that can't continue surely?

They seem popular, I cant really see the attraction of posh camping in a field at that price?

Re: The price of Camper vans ££££££££££

To me anyway, the only reason I would buy a camper van is to do a road trip around Europe or a least use it for holidays in France/Spain. Pointless using it in this country, we just don't get the weather. Look how wet it has been since that hot weekend a fortnight ago.

Be handy to take the skinheads bowling.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    To me anyway, the only reason I would buy a camper van is to do a road trip around Europe or a least use it for holidays in France/Spain. Pointless using it in this country, we just don't get the weather. Look how wet it has been since that hot weekend a fortnight ago.
    I'd consider a static when I retire, a terrible investment as they drop to nothing in 10 to 15 years, but they can be good for early retirement and free hoildays weekends for my kids and grandkids which would help them out but I think the costs are increasing so much I don't thinks is probably worth it?

Cars, vans and lorries are all silly prices at the moment.
    I'm looking to change my car, but the prices on second hand stuff is making me think again.
    I usually buy 2-3 year old cars with a bit of manufactures warrantee still left. Ten grand usually got me a 2-3 year old Golf, Passat or in some cases even a Focus These have all shot up in price and now an average price for a 2-3 year old petrol Golf with average mileage is up around £15,000.

Anyone selling their car?

International

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    I'm looking to change my car, but the prices on second hand stuff is making me think again.
    I usually buy 2-3 year old cars with a bit of manufactures warrantee still left. Ten grand usually got me a 2-3 year old Golf, Passat or in some cases even a Focus These have all shot up in price and now an average price for a 2-3 year old petrol Golf with average mileage is up around £15,000.

Agreed they are crazy, for your three year old buget you'll now need to buy a five year old car, that's why no one is changing unless they have too, and keeping the used car prices higher.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post

My wife changed hers few months back, sizeable difference to the last time I was looking.

All relative in at least you should get more for your current one. After a few years of having the car my wife wasn't all that far off breaking even.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    My wife changed hers few months back, sizeable difference to the last time I was looking.

All relative in at least you should get more for your current one. After a few years of having the car my wife wasn't all that far off breaking even.
    A friend of mine bought a Dacia Sandero brand new. He ran it for 3 years before part exchanging it and only lost £300 on the price he paid originally.

I've only got an old banger of a Focus at the moment, with the MOT almost up it's not going to be worth much. Hopefully with the new reg coming out next week it should knock the prices of 2-3 year old cars down a touch.

You can stay in the comfort of a 5* hotel cheaper

I bought a cheap one on eBay when Lockdown started. As I couldn't go abroad I thought I would use it for walking weekends and I will have completed half of the SW Coast Path by this time next month. Campervanning was not something I was into previously but I get a lot of use out of mine.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I bought a cheap one on eBay when Lockdown started. As I couldn't go abroad I thought I would use it for walking weekends and I will have completed half of the SW Coast Path by this time next month. Campervanning was not something I was into previously but I get a lot of use out of mine.
    Sound investment I bet

I have no interest whatsoever in holidaying abroad . Weekend breaks are fine for me so a camper van is something I have been saving for for some time .

I am not after some customised surfer nonsense .....as I don't surf . I don't need all mod cons apart from the obvious .

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Nice! I have walked large swathes of the south west coastal path over the last ten years. Which has been your favourite part?

Spent 6 months of every year between 2003 and 2014 touring Europe in a motorhome. Static caravans are nice for those that have health issues but for the rest a motorhome is far better.

Quote Originally Posted by Turd Polisher View Post
    Be handy to take the skinheads bowling.
    And take Beethoven along for the ride.

Nice! I have walked large swathes of the south west coastal path over the last ten years. Which has been your favourite part?
    Good question. Probably some of the Cornish beaches not accessible by car.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I have no interest whatsoever in holidaying abroad . Weekend breaks are fine for me so a camper van is something I have been saving for for some time .

I am not after some customised surfer nonsense .....as I don't surf . I don't need all mod cons apart from the obvious .
    Somewhere to store your gimp suit and copies of Rustler, no doubt.

I know a couple of people from work who have a camper (I mean a modern VW type, not one of the old ones) that they run as a second car. They're so easy to drive these days, you can use them as people carriers. Hardly a cheap option, mind.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

At least be honest, you have a view to purchase a shag wagon. What an awful creature you are!

Instead of wrestling with some very rough women on the back seat of your cloned and ancient Vauxhall Astra, that is uninsured and untaxed, you dream of fingering them at your leisure on a fixed bed after you've rendered them incapable with a copious amount of Scrumpy Jack.

Your contributions at localslags.co.uk unmask what your real intentions are. You have zero interest in Britain's fauna and flora.

Up yours, boyo!

They are a fecking nuisance down here in Pembrokeshire. Clogging up the roads and taking up 2 parking spots.
    Will be glad to see the back of them this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Agreed they are crazy, for your three year old buget you'll now need to buy a five year old car, that's why no one is changing unless they have too, and keeping the used car prices higher.
    Is car finance helping keep prices higher? When banks allowed people to borrow greater amounts of their salaries, house prices shot up. I've read on here and elsewhere that there's little profit anymore in second hand cars and that traders make more from loans and repayments.

A decade ago there were concerns about personal debt. I wonder if personal debt is rising more than it should be? Wages aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    At least be honest, you have a view to purchase a shag wagon. What an awful creature you are!

Instead of wrestling with some very rough women on the back seat of your cloned and ancient Vauxhall Astra, that is uninsured and untaxed, you dream of fingering them at your leisure on a fixed bed after you've rendered them incapable with a copious amount of Scrumpy Jack.

Your contributions at localslags.co.uk unmask what your real intentions are. You have zero interest in Britain's fauna and flora.

Up yours, boyo!
    Coq au van perhaps.

Your right, it’s not worth it here the campsites are shocking really, usually in the middle of nowhere, no facilities or shop even. Had mine for 7 years, sold it 18 months ago and bar moving furniture I dont miss it at all. France and Germany has great camping facilities….here it’s just a field down a few lanes and is now not a cheap getaway. My T5 was 13 years old and I sold it for 23k….madness

Me and mrs liked the vibe of a campervan so hired one last year. T6. 4 day trip around Yorkshire east coast. We came back and agreed that we’ll just book Airbnbs etc. I try and book places that are not “houses” . Anyone on here got a second home in wales ??? Fess up and justify …..

So your view was that kipping in a camper was rough ?