+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gareth Bale is slated after LAFC horror show

Gareth Bale is slated after LAFC horror show

'He will not want to know until Wales are out of the World Cup.'

'I suspect he does not care.'

The extraordinary attacks on Gareth Bale after he makes his first start in LAFC's 4-1 thrashing at Austin FC.

https://nation.cymru/sport/gareth-ba...c-horror-show/

Re: Gareth Bale is slated after LAFC horror show

Not good. The one major difference/thing he would have had here, due to his legendary status with Wales, would have been time.

Hes played top level football in the PL and La Liga and now hes in the MLS.

Its a massive comedown. He didnt look motivated at the start of his Spurs loan.

Hardly suprising plus hes not going to want to be injured for the World Cup.

Its just a retirement gig. Im sure he can cope with the LA soccer fans after the stick he had in Madrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Its just a retirement gig. Im sure he can cope with the LA soccer fans after the stick he had in Madrid.
    I believe thats why he did not want to join us, there are no prisoners in the championship.

Yeah, good post. Totally agree. For me, I just can't stand the MLS and have tried watching it but it always feels like a retirement league to me. It's not my kind of football.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Yeah, good post. Totally agree. For me, I just can't stand the MLS and have tried watching it but it always feels like a retirement league to me. It's not my kind of football.
    It’s too manufactured for me. Just look at the names Real Salt Lake, Inter Miami, Houston Dynamo, etc. They’ve just copied European naming conventions without any actual link. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a “Borussia _____” or a team ending in a day of the week at some point.

Also the whole no relegation/promotion and how new teams, sorry franchises, have to buy their way into the MLS.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    It’s too manufactured for me. Just look at the names Real Salt Lake, Inter Miami, Houston Dynamo, etc. They’ve just copied European naming conventions without any actual link. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a “Borussia _____” or a team ending in a day of the week at some point.

Also the whole no relegation/promotion and how new teams, sorry franchises, have to buy their way into the MLS.
    Lokomotiv Miami
    CSKA New Orleans
    Borrusia Louisiana

Serves him right for biting on the buck .

He’s just there to hang out and play golf really, a bit of football to keep fit thrown in for a laugh

Inter Miami FFS

Borussia is the Latin word for Prussia, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Inter Miami FFS
    I know
    I reckon there'll be an Inter Cardiff soon.

Bale signing seemed like the league was done and dusted for many of these guys of LAFC.

As we all know, Bale does what he wants and when he wants to, he'll wow 'em.

There used to be an Inter Cardiff didn’t there? 90’s? That Derby was up there…..