+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The once mighty 500-strong travelling Jack Army isn't what it once was

The once mighty 500-strong travelling Jack Army isn't what it once was

In days of yore when Swansea City used to push towards promotion to the Premier League they would sell 500+ tickets for a trip to Middlesbrough.

Whilst it's true 50% of their supporters at kick-off time would be found scratching their heads when wandering the streets of Darlington, Hartlepool and Redcar searching for Boro's Riverside Stadium, the situation improved dramatically when the club sacked Tank as its travel logistics manager, and consequently their rickety transport that consisted mostly of late 60s and early 70s campervans would arrive at their correct destination.

Yesterday just 72 of their acned and noisome fans were in attendance to set a new 27-year record low number for away visitors at a league fixture there.

Re: The once mighty 500-strong travelling Jack Army isn't what it once was

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    In days of yore when Swansea City used to push towards promotion to the Premier League they would sell 500+ tickets for a trip to Middlesbrough.

Whilst it's true 50% of their supporters at kick-off time would be found scratching their heads when wandering the streets of Darlington, Hartlepool and Redcar searching for Boro's Riverside Stadium, the situation improved dramatically when the club sacked Tank as its travel logistics manager, and consequently their rickety transport that consisted mostly of late 60s and early 70s campervans would arrive at their correct destination.

Yesterday just 72 of their acned and noisome fans were in attendance to set a new 27-year record low number for away visitors at a league fixture there.
    Haven't you heard?
    428 of them are stranded in Middlefart, Denmark. They were still on Tank's contact list.

The natives are restless with Mr Martin and people are skint. Toxic combo

Get it fight ffs, Swansea TOWN!

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    Get it fight ffs, Swansea TOWN!
    I think you mean “RIGHT” and it’s Abertawe Town

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 View Post
    The natives are restless with Mr Martin and people are skint. Toxic combo
    Alan you caaaant

Eight days ago following a 2-0 loss at home to Luton during which they enjoyed 75% possession but only two shots on target, Martin was quoted by the BBC as saying: "Box to box, I watch with gratitude and pride at how they play football." Everyone else was bored sh*tless by their tactics

Apparently, he was their 4th choice for new manager. His record was mediocre at MK Dons.

Long may his tenure there continue.

Eight days ago following a 2-0 loss at home to Luton during which they enjoyed 75% possession but only two shots on target, Martin was quoted by the BBC as saying: "Box to box, I watch with gratitude and pride at how they play football." Everyone else was bored sh*tless by their tactics

Apparently, he was their 4th choice for new manager. His record was mediocre at MK Dons.

Long may his tenure there continue.
    Long may their misery continue.
    If we do the double over them this season, I'll be a happy man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    The doube 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    The doube ��

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I think you mean “RIGHT” and it’s Abertawe Town
    Yup you are right.
    Small letters on phone keypad + old git with deteriorating eyesight= disaster waiting to happen.
    Still Swansea Town though 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    If we win the away leg we’ve got to get the Doube banners ready

Imagine spending your day waking up in Swansea, going to Middlesbrough and then going to bed in Swansea.

Christ alive.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Imagine spending your day waking up in Swansea, going to Middlesbrough and then going to bed in Swansea.

Christ alive.

Christ alive.
    Out of the 72, 50 of them claimed asylum in Middlesbrough, it was the cheesy chips that swayed them.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    The doube 😁
    That'll never get old!

Christ alive.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Alan you caaaant
    There's no need for that! Is it because I've got webbed hands?

Christ alive.
    They must be the only away fans who have gone to Middlesbrough and thought it was nicer than where they were from

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    That ship has already sailed haha

SgorioFruit and I’m having a laugh

Everyone sing with me

Quote Originally Posted by SgorioFruit View Post
    That ship has already sailed haha

Everyone sing with me
    Ah yes, the famous back-to-back double secured by The Bluebirds in 43-44.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Ah yes, the famous back-to-back double secured by The Bluebirds in 43-44.
    Hehe