+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Emma Raducanu

Emma Raducanu

Been a bit of a damp squid™️ since winning the US Open last year. I don't suppose she is too worried though, as she makes more money modelling and selling things these days.

Re: Emma Raducanu

Can she play as a striker?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    as she makes more money modelling and selling things these days.
    27M since winning last year apparently

I imagine at that age winning and getting the sponsorships can really make the focus fade

Tbf, sounds like she had a tough draw against a resurgent player who beat the World No.1 at Wimbledon recently. Also had several niggling injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Tbf, sounds like she had a tough draw against a resurgent player who beat the World No.1 at Wimbledon recently.
    She has been underperforming since winning the title, and keeps on changing her coach.

She had a tough draw and the weight of expectation on her shoulders. Her achievement 12 months ago was extraordinary and now she's out she can put that behind her and concentrate on building a successful career. She'll do fine.

She has been underperforming since winning the title, and keeps on changing her coach.
    Perhaps there were unrealistic expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Perhaps there were unrealistic expectations.
    It certainly seems like it. She was still a qualifier to the US Open last year. If people treat her like Serena Williams then of course she'll underperform that.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It certainly seems like it. She was still a qualifier to the US Open last year. If people treat her like Serena Williams then of course she'll underperform that.
    She actually just beat Serena Williams the other day 6-4, 6-0.

Anyone see her press conference post match

Baseball cap , hair all over her face , couldn't even see if it was her

Doing a very good impression of a washed up stoned rock star

Pass the reefer

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    If she has made £27 million in the last year I would knock the tennis on the head and get a hobby.

She’s won a major. Made a load of money. Job done.

Perhaps tennis will be her hobby ?

"She's not impressed me since winning an US Open title at age 19" - Middle aged man on internet thinking it's a shame the fridge is so far because he's almost done with this can of Carling

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    "She's not impressed me since winning an US Open title at age 19" - Middle aged man on internet thinking it's a shame the fridge is so far because he's almost done with this can of Carling
    Quite a few players have won a Grand Slam title at a young age, and they usually carry on playing at the same level with many of them winning more Grand Slam titles, as well as other ranking tournaments. I can't think of anyone that dropped to a low performance level, and had problems with every single coach they worked with.

Quite a few players have won a Grand Slam title at a young age, and they usually carry on playing at the same level with many of them winning more Grand Slam titles, as well as other ranking tournaments. I can't think of anyone that dropped to a low performance level, and had problems with every single coach they worked with.
    in women's tennis in the last few years there have been several players who have won one grand slam title and then struggled to follow it up, it isn't restricted to the very young.
    she's still ahead of where she expected to be at this point in her career probably

Well we can only hope the 19 year old millionaire Grand Slam winner doesn't find out you feel this way or she'll probably retire on the spot

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    in women's tennis in the last few years there have been several players who have won one grand slam title and then struggled to follow it up, it isn't restricted to the very young.
    she's still ahead of where she expected to be at this point in her career probably
    I agree, but what I am saying is the young Grand Slam winners are usually tennis prodigies who continue at the same level, not like a seasoned pro who might win a random Gram Slam and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Well we can only hope the 19 year old millionaire Grand Slam winner doesn't find out you feel this way or she'll probably retire on the spot
    You are confusing observations with feelings, and I don't have any of the latter.

Well, she is certainly still bankable.....

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    That may cover winter heating bill , the lass doesn't wear much

I've noticed how her posture has changed in a year - from being upright to someone who is a little bent over as though having some tummy probs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I've noticed how her posture has changed in a year - from being upright to someone who is a little bent over as though having some tummy probs.
    download.jpeg