+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All this rubbish about Tan not spending money

Re: All this rubbish about Tan not spending money

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I've seen enough to think they have done very well and i'm enjoying the football played by those at the club. Although there is room for improvement..
    Indeed, and plenty of it considering the recent results.

A number of the new signings have a history of inconsistency, while others haven’t played much football for anyone, let alone City. I think it’s way too early make firm judgements on any of them just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

A number of the new signings have a history of inconsistency, while others haven’t played much football for anyone, let alone City. I think it’s way too early make firm judgements on any of them just yet.
    I think that judgements can be made to a degree. The players we are watching aren't going to change too much from now until the end of the season. They're mostly seasoned professionals, not new to the game, most of them aren't going to improve that much. That's not to say that they're bad players, they're not, there's a consistency there now that hasn't been prevalent for some time, but there's no zip in my opinion, a lack of urgency and desire at times. It's decent in a methodical sense. We need a couple of players with a bit of bastard in them, like chopra had or Mc cormack or dare i say young isacc Davies. Busy little bastards who are assertive and cause problems in the right areas.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Steve Morison has done a job for him all right, one I doubt many so-called experienced managers would have pulled off. He's pretty much been able to attract the players he wants the club and moved others on. I suspect there was a wage cap put in place by Tan plus a small transfer budget - £2 - £3 million perhaps. Either way, a club playing the worst football in the Championship have been transformed in the space of 4 months. I'd love us to challenge for 5th/6th spot but realistically a season in the bottom half of the table with another couple of windows and I'd feel very optimistic about it the following season.
    Who has he moved on that was still under contract apart from Browne?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    My mistake. I'm going on our position as of Tuesday at full time. The sentiment remains the same.
    2 points above Swansea who are having a mare in 21st place.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    2 points above Swansea who are having a mare in 21st place.
    What's your point?

I know the majority of Jacks would prefer to be in our position than theirs with Russell Martin and his Tika Cacka style over there at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    What's your point?

I know the majority of Jacks would prefer to be in our position than theirs with Russell Martin and his Tika Cacka style over there at the moment.
    You know that? How? Did you do an online survey or polled them outside the liberty?
    I'm saying to the people that are thinking that we are better off now than a year ago (and team wise i think that too) to wake up and smell the coffee. We have a millionaire owner that seems!! to lack ambition when it comes to our football club.
    I could List loads of stuff where this club has messed things up rather than do a professional job ( managers academy transfers)

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    You know that? How? Did you do an online survey or polled them outside the liberty?
    I'm saying to the people that are thinking that we are better off now than a year ago (and team wise i think that too) to wake up and smell the coffee. We have a millionaire owner that seems!! to lack ambition when it comes to our football club.
    I could List loads of stuff where this club has messed things up rather than do a professional job ( managers academy transfers)
    I know that because one set of fans are excited about what is to come with a few fans unsure of Morison and the Jacks have a majority of the fan base that want Martin out.

I am totally getting what you mean about the club getting things wrong though. My biggest gripe with the club is not taking money that fans want to spend. You make tickets easy to buy in person, on the phone and online. Same with merchandise. If fans want to give you money then don't make it difficult for them and then complain that the money isn't there to strengthen.

Steve Morison added: “I’m delighted to have Callum on board. He’s a very talented player, and he can play anywhere across the forward line.

“He’s coming in to help the squad, and I’m really looking forward to working with him.

“I’d like to thank Tan Sri Vincent Tan and Ken Choo for their support in bringing Callum to the Club.”

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

I can only give my opinion at this moment in time.

Steve Morison added: “I’m delighted to have Callum on board. He’s a very talented player, and he can play anywhere across the forward line.

“He’s coming in to help the squad, and I’m really looking forward to working with him.

“I’d like to thank Tan Sri Vincent Tan and Ken Choo for their support in bringing Callum to the Club.”
    No thanks for Mehmet? Interesting.

Colin never forgot to thank Mehmet and Ken, and Vincent too. Don’t forget Vincent.

Even though we have obviously cut costs massively compared to what we were paying is premier league wages to a load of washed up mercenaries, we are far from operating on the shoe string budget that some would have you believe.

Post pandemic the landscape has massively changed in the EFL and those whose contacts have now run out can no longer command the unsustainable wages being offered in the championship pre pandemic as teams chased the premier league riches, throwing silly money as second rate payers. I mean £30k a week for a goalkeeper in the championship? Absolutely stark raving bonkers. There was always a chance we were coming back down but it doesn’t seem relegation clauses were
    put in when signing the likes of Smithies and Bacuna.

Aside from those with parachute payments I still say we are one of the more attractive clubs financially in the division.

I can only give my opinion at this moment in time.
    So what's your opinion of Jak Alnwick, Vontae Daley-Campbell, Kion Etete, Jack Simpson and Ollie Tanner?