+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WWE Clash at the Castle

Re: WWE Clash at the Castle

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    My youngest son is going with a bunch of his mates and he's 23.When I said they are all play acting he retorted " that bunch of tossers I watch pretend to be good at football."
    I wish they would. Unfortunately not often enough (yet).

They've built a replica of the castle inside the stadium.
    (According to BBC Wales news)
    Don't know if it is the whole thing or (more likely) the Keep.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    They've built a replica of the castle inside the stadium.
    (According to BBC Wales news)
    Don't know if it is the whole thing or (more likely) the Keep.
    Misleading

There were quening to meet the UNDERTAKER at the New Theatre today.
    I said to a guy you can have my turn if you want it.

This is a brilliant idea for a wrestler, I can't believe this has not been used before: Psychic Sam. Throws opponents to the canvas with the power of his (or her) mind.
    Too much coffee?

Panto with Ianto

What time does this guff start and end? I’m in town for something else and really need to avoid WWE fans at all costs.
    Akin to being in a pub full of Liverpool supporters in south wales

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    I don’t know, why do you spend money to watch blokes kick a ball of air around?
    because it isn't pre-planned acting...

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    because it isn't pre-planned acting...
    So you don’t watch movies? 😂

Live and let live you miserable bastards

Best chant of the night

“this is awesome”

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Best chant of the night

“this is awesome”
    If only we could chant that down the City this season 😂

I used to love wrestling when i was in school. Stone Cold and The Rock and all that, great entertainment. They don't seem to have those characters anymore, although I don't watch it so I could be wrong.

Who cares if its not real? There's more footballers feigning injury than wrestlers these days!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I used to love wrestling when i was in school. Stone Cold and The Rock and all that, great entertainment. They don't seem to have those characters anymore, although I don't watch it so I could be wrong.

Who cares if its not real? There's more footballers feigning injury than wrestlers these days!
    I don't watch it either, but I'm pretty sure there are probably still "characters". not sure it'd last too long if it was just an exhibition of technical wrestling moves with none of the character stuff

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Live and let live you miserable bastards
    Did you get your Ultimate Warrior face paint after mate?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Did you get your Ultimate Warrior face paint after mate?
    Haha Stone Cold all the way for me, already got the bonce for it

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Haha Stone Cold all the way for me, already got the bonce for it

International

It seemed to be well attended.

I was trying to get into Westgate St carpark on sat morning and was told they were closing the street at 12 oclock. Fecking 12!!!
    I pointed out that it didn't start for another 8 hours and the marshal said, "On no some of them have been here 2 days". I Asked him where I could park and he said outside the closed zone. Apparently that was 'the whole of the town centre'. I realised he was too stupid to talk to.

Its ridiculous to close the road 8 hours early. It used to be 3 hours for a rugby international but its getting longer and longer. It has to be deliberate. It ruins all the bus routes that the council tell us we should be using so if you do what you normally do in the circumstances and walk to the end of Tudor St you find they are no there either any more because the council have wrecked that too. I have never seen work on a 600m road last so long, again it has to be deliberate.
    I tried to drive round via Penarth Road to park in the St David centre but the road was gridlocked at the Golden Cross with people queuing across the traffic lights waiting to park in John Lewis. I gave up.

So you cannot drive into the centre and you cannot catch a bus. If you don't live near a railway station you have no chance. I'm amazed the centre shop owners aren't in open revolt. It is madness

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

I was trying to get into Westgate St carpark on sat morning and was told they were closing the street at 12 oclock. Fecking 12!!!
    I pointed out that it didn't start for another 8 hours and the marshal said, "On no some of them have been here 2 days". I Asked him where I could park and he said outside the closed zone. Apparently that was 'the whole of the town centre'. I realised he was too stupid to talk to.

Its ridiculous to close the road 8 hours early. It used to be 3 hours for a rugby international but its getting longer and longer. It has to be deliberate. It ruins all the bus routes that the council tell us we should be using so if you do what you normally do in the circumstances and walk to the end of Tudor St you find they are no there either any more because the council have wrecked that too. I have never seen work on a 600m road last so long, again it has to be deliberate.
    I tried to drive round via Penarth Road to park in the St David centre but the road was gridlocked at the Golden Cross with people queuing across the traffic lights waiting to park in John Lewis. I gave up.

So you cannot drive into the centre and you cannot catch a bus. If you don't live near a railway station you have no chance. I'm amazed the centre shop owners aren't in open revolt. It is madness
    Gates and pre show stuff opened at 3 and main event at 5. Maybe timings weren't so off?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

Can't you drive to your nearest train station and go from there?