+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FT: MILLWALL 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: MILLWALL 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

I know we said we needed to be patient this season, but this can't go on. Need to see some signs of improvement sharpish.

It's not looking good.

Re: MILLWALL v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Would a ‘Morison Out’ thread be acceptable? Different way of playing but it’s just not working, is it?

Morison has introduced some easy on the eye but totally ineffective passing and made us inept in both boxes

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Millwall are nothing special...we should be beating them......
    why..?

on what basis..?

The effort and application has not been there today, can't help thinking teams will really relish playing us. Men behind the ball, get it forward quickly and play for set pieces. Some neat stuff again at times, some decent chances but so lightweight and predictable.

I wonder whose fault it is today?

That was grim. We are so easy to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    The effort and application has not been there today, can't help thinking teams will really relish playing us. Men behind the ball, get it forward quickly and play for set pieces. Some neat stuff again at times, some decent chances but so lightweight and predictable.
    The Neil Warnock Cardiff promotion team would love to play us - it would be a battering! Seems we’ve gone from one extreme to another!

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    Morison himself said "no excuses" after Tan gave him a couple of quid to buy someone.

If we don't start scoring very soon Steve's gonna be lucky if he lasts until October. Next match (in 10 days, home to Hull) is looking very make or break already.
    Quite simply, Steve is going to walk the plank IMHO if results don't start improving. Tan will be expecting more ROI after his latest £1.15m acquistion and will have expectations. As I said last week, I just don't think the guy is up to it at this level but would be happy to be proved wrong..

I don’t think the way we play was the problem today - you go to Millwall and you’ve got to expect a certain type of challenge, we were soft in the concession of the two goals especially, but our attitude was iffy all afternoon - apart from Ryan Wintle who I thought was head and shoulders above his team mates.

City were all over the place. Like the last few games, this started brightly, but ended as a shapeless mess, a shambles. Robinson and Harris did brighten things up, but the rest of them were poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    why..?

on what basis..?
    we outplayed them on 50% of the pitch .They outplayed us on the other two 25%

'Shorty' Ng is turning into a liability at set pieces, and the whole Division knows it.

strange league, one win and we could catapult up to 11th, one loss and we're in the drop zone

Mark Harris scores instead of hitting the post, different game if we go 1 nil up.

We became ragged after conceding.

Fine lines.

Strange Robinson didn't start.

Not given up hope just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    we outplayed them on 50% of the pitch .They outplayed us on the other two 25%

well then on that basis we aren't better than them, the arrogant assumption that we should be wiping the floor with 'lesser' teams is about a decade out of date

Lightweight, with no leader out on the pitch at any time.
    Ralls takes the armband when he comes on, but he's captain in name only. He doesn't lead by example, and is as quiet as a mouse. The only time you see him open his mouth is to protest yet another of his fouls that leads to a free-kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Shit awful defending again...you HAVE to have urgency...not just ambling through the motions......I am used to (several decades ago....) players bathed in sweat....and panting at half time...full time...I do not see that now......Millwall are nothing special...we should be beating them......
    Players decades ago used to smoke and drink and consider a lap around the pitch a fitness session, today’s players are conditioned a million times better so “these guys don’t look tired, they used to try harder in the 80’s” is a bit of a silly thing to say

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Lightweight, with no leader out on the pitch at any time.
    Ralls takes the armband when he comes on, but he's captain in name only. He doesn't lead by example, and is as quiet as a mouse. The only time you see him open his mouth is to protest yet another of his fouls that leads to a free-kick.
    Youve got a completely irrational opinion on Ralls.

We are heading into a relegation battle and Ralls im sure will be up for the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Youve got a completely irrational opinion on Ralls.

We are heading into a relegation battle and Ralls im sure will be up for the fight.
    No, I will tell you what's irrational, it's people that think Ralls is a leader.
    He can't nail down a starting place, why is that do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don’t think the way we play was the problem today - you go to Millwall and you’ve got to expect a certain type of challenge, we were soft in the concession of the two goals especially, but our attitude was iffy all afternoon - apart from Ryan Wintle who I thought was head and shoulders above his team mates.
    Morison played over 600 league matches, including nearly 300 for Millwall. You'd think he would recognize the importance of competitiveness and being effective at either end of the pitch. I think his hardest job at the moment will be keeping the players on board with his ideas. They'll be just as aware as everyone else it's not working at the moment. Still [very] early days though.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Is this your first football match?
    lol you were saying mate ?

A good few chances for us in these short highlights to be fair. If only one had gone in https://www.skysports.com/football/m.../report/467913

Central defense is a massive problem as conceding from set peices highlights and we shocking in creating and finishing what meager chances we create. It's a straight on receipt for relegation. It's a new team so for sure we need to give all concerned time, but come Christmas, if we are flirting with the relegation zone, it's goodbye Morrison and hello Division 1