+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Severn Bridges

Severn Bridges

I'm getting a bit worried about the 2 Severn bridges. Is there any mechanism in place to stop terrorists from sticking a load of C4 on one of the ends of it during rush hour?

Re: Severn Bridges

The same protection that means bridges aren’t blown up every other day across the globe.

They’re big and very hard to destroy and terrorism isn’t easy to pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    I'm getting a bit worried about the 2 Severn bridges. Is there any mechanism in place to stop terrorists from sticking a load of C4 on one of the ends of it during rush hour?
    due to traffic hold ups in a battery powered device the battery would be dead

More importantly if they targeted the Wales end would they have to use S4C?

All the Araf Slow signs will slow them down.

They’d have to abide by the rules of the song and s*** on the English side of the bridge

Only takes a blustery day to close the old one. Terrorists could just buy a massive wind machine.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    I think it's important that this post is given more credit.

Paddy’s tried to blow up Hammersmith Bridge in the late 90s, it’s been closed for the last 5 years with structural problems so maybe it was a delayed reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I think it's important that this post is given more credit.
    Agreed

Why has this suddenly started to concern you mate?

Thinly veiled “I’m going to blow up the Severn bridge, is there any flaw in my plan” post imo.

On a side note agree that the s4c reply needs more praise

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    very good, nice.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post

I've just started a new job which now requires me to use the bridge. It dawned on me when I was stuck in traffic on it that it would.be an easy target for the bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    very good, nice.
    why is this in the bridge thread?...get your own bridge forum

I've just started a new job which now requires me to use the bridge. It dawned on me when I was stuck in traffic on it that it would.be an easy target for the bad guys.
    It is an easy target but don't worry about it.

I worry about skips full of rubbish. How come no-one ever sets them alight?

Fair enough mate. If you see threats in the world you’ll never do anything. I have thought about that in the football before, another easy target, albeit with more security measures

Fair enough mate. If you see threats in the world you’ll never do anything. I have thought about that in the football before, another easy target, albeit with more security measures
    THE ONLY THING NOT UNDER THREAT AT THE CCS IS THE OPPONENTS GOAL WHO’S WITH ME

thinly veiled "there was a Toyota Corolla with a Muslim family in the car next to me" post, NQAT.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    thinly veiled "there was a Toyota Corolla with a Muslim family in the car next to me" post, NQAT.

International

It is a valid point and it is a target, but there are probably much easier ones, don't worry about stuff like that, don't let the feckers win, carry on with your life.

No, and before long one of these Eco warriors groups will try this

The second bridge wasn't built to relieve traffic congestion - it was built as a contingency for this very reason. 😉