+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: NOT MANY WILL AGREE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: NOT MANY WILL AGREE

I was there on Saturday. Of course it was not great at all, with poor defending for the two Millwall goals, but having had a few days to think about it, my thoughts are:

• Philogene had a bad game; after he ran into the Millwall right back for the umpteenth time you knew it wasn't going to be our day. However I'm sure (hope) as times goes on he'll get more used to the rough and tumble style defending of the likes of Millwall. Wiki tells me he only played 11 times at Stoke last season, so he's still learning.

• Whyte, conversely, I thought did well when he came on. Why not give him a go ?

• Nkounkou has an eye for a pass, but some of our attackers (Philogene) not quite up to the speed (yet) of his thinking.

• Robinson did well when we came on; again, you could see he was looking for earlier balls, quicker passing from the midfield etc. Hopefully that'll improve too over the next few weeks. You could tell he's played at a higher level

• The team do a lot of standing around and not enough movement off the ball. Was the same at Bristol...which is why the playing out from the back sometimes puts them under pressure, or we can't get attacks going quickly enough. It's too slow at the moment.

• We need goals. Hopefully Robinson can turn that around for us, because otherwise we are going nowhere

It's early days. Even one win and we'd be up to mid table. I think Morison is trying to do the right thing and for that he's got my support.

Quote Originally Posted by Earnie's bench seat View Post
    It's early days. Even one win and we'd be up to mid table. I think Morison is trying to do the right thing and for that he's got my support.
    I couldn't agree more. I think that SM has taken on a big job and needs to be given time, for the team to gel, and OUR SUPPORT.

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I think that SM has taken on a big job and needs to be given time, for the team to gel, and OUR SUPPORT.