+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NOT MANY WILL AGREE

NOT MANY WILL AGREE

To me this was a season of clearing out the over paid dead wood and changing the way the team play.
    I understand we are not doing well at the moment but surely after bringing in so many new players we should be a little more patient?

For me a mid table finish will be a decent return aslong has we are in a good position at the end of this campaign to add to what we have and build a better squad to push for a higher finish next season?

Obviously come Christmas if we are relegation threatened we should seriously look at replacing Morrison but otherwise i'd happily give him the full campaign ..

Re: NOT MANY WILL AGREE

I agree, I’d like to give him time but modern football doesn’t allow time without some positive results.

Yup, not many would disagree with that Stan. My main concern is when is it going to click a little bit, when are we going to see some zip out on the pitch. For me, Morison is defensive in his approach, but doesn't possess anyone explosive enough to damage the opposition when we win back possession and get ourselves into attacking positions. It's clueless in the attacking third, The players-in the attacking third- remind me of one of those wildlife programmes when a lion is released back in to the wild after a lifetime in captivity, curious but pensive, nervous and a bit clueless over the new surroundings.

My main concern is he’s still picking the one’s who are not up to Championship football

I tend to agree. He does need to learn from his mistakes quickly but I’m happy to give him time while we at least try to play football. Final third was always going to be the toughest to crack changing styles and we need to score more, we need confidence in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    My main concern is he’s still picking the one’s who are not up to Championship football
    Like who? Watters is the obvious one but he has brought in Robinson, he was hardly going to chuck him in Saturday.

We've got a manager who played over 200 games in the Championship the last of which was just over 3 years ago. He's also played over 300 games in League 1 and below. Do you really think he can't tell who's up to this level and who's not?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We've got a manager who played over 200 games in the Championship the last of which was just over 3 years ago. He's also played over 300 games in League 1 and below. Do you really think he can't tell who's up to this level and who's not?
    It's entirely possible. Just because he played, it doesn't automatically make him a good judge of player, or instinctively give him some kind of edge in determining what type of player is needed at this level. He may turn it around, time will tell.

Until we start playing teams off the park and winning 9-0, Philogene and Ojo should be nowhere near the first team

I was there on Saturday. Of course it was not great at all, with poor defending for the two Millwall goals, but having had a few days to think about it, my thoughts are:

• Philogene had a bad game; after he ran into the Millwall right back for the umpteenth time you knew it wasn't going to be our day. However I'm sure (hope) as times goes on he'll get more used to the rough and tumble style defending of the likes of Millwall. Wiki tells me he only played 11 times at Stoke last season, so he's still learning.

• Whyte, conversely, I thought did well when he came on. Why not give him a go ?

• Nkounkou has an eye for a pass, but some of our attackers (Philogene) not quite up to the speed (yet) of his thinking.

• Robinson did well when we came on; again, you could see he was looking for earlier balls, quicker passing from the midfield etc. Hopefully that'll improve too over the next few weeks. You could tell he's played at a higher level

• The team do a lot of standing around and not enough movement off the ball. Was the same at Bristol...which is why the playing out from the back sometimes puts them under pressure, or we can't get attacks going quickly enough. It's too slow at the moment.

• We need goals. Hopefully Robinson can turn that around for us, because otherwise we are going nowhere

It's early days. Even one win and we'd be up to mid table. I think Morison is trying to do the right thing and for that he's got my support.

Until we start playing teams off the park and winning 9-0, Philogene and Ojo should be nowhere near the first team
    Ojo could score 5 a game and give you a house, and you’d still dislike him.

Watching the Luton game i half hoped we had signed Uche Ikpeazu so he could have come on to show some bollocks up front

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Ojo could score 5 a game and give you a house, and you’d still dislike him.

Until he starts doing the dirty part of the game, you’re most probably right.

The guy stands still and doesn’t track back every time he loses the ball

I think more would agree with you than disagree Stan, even though reading this board might at times give the opposite impression.

Most understand what the club and manager are trying to do such as offload high earners, alter the style of play and that it takes time for a new team to bed in and get to know each other.

It is true that we are lacking quality in the striking department and set pieces at both ends have become a problem but these things can be worked on.

I don't really like looking too far ahead but it is time that we started hitting the back of the net pretty soon, hopefully this will happen with the intro of Robinson.

Yes. There are plenty of decent players who are terrible managers and terrible judges of players. I don't think the two are linked. Klopp, Jose, Wenger, Tuchel, Potter, ten Hag etc all had mediocre careers at best. Lampard and Gerrard had exceptional playing careers... Obviously there are Pep and Cruyff etc but playing at a certain level means sod all.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    To me this was a season of clearing out the over paid dead wood and changing the way the team play.
    I understand we are not doing well at the moment but surely after bringing in so many new players we should be a little more patient?

For me a mid table finish will be a decent return aslong has we are in a good position at the end of this campaign to add to what we have and build a better squad to push for a higher finish next season?

Obviously come Christmas if we are relegation threatened we should seriously look at replacing Morrison but otherwise i'd happily give him the full campaign ..
    I would snap your hands off for midtable. If we don't win one of the next 3, I'd sack him (or his coaches) though as I think they're miles off it. I don't think his football is hard to coach, it is a piece of piss to play nice football in the middle third with half decent players.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, not many would disagree with that Stan. My main concern is when is it going to click a little bit, when are we going to see some zip out on the pitch. For me, Morison is defensive in his approach, but doesn't possess anyone explosive enough to damage the opposition when we win back possession and get ourselves into attacking positions. It's clueless in the attacking third, The players-in the attacking third- remind me of one of those wildlife programmes when a lion is released back in to the wild after a lifetime in captivity, curious but pensive, nervous and a bit clueless over the new surroundings.
    F**k me! it's David Attenborough in stone island

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I would snap your hands off for midtable. If we don't win one of the next 3, I'd sack him (or his coaches) though as I think they're miles off it. I don't think his football is hard to coach, it is a piece of piss to play nice football in the middle third with half decent players.
    I agree with that, lose the next 3 and he should go. We'll be in the relegation zone by then.

I agree.

No point ripping it up and starting again every season.
    It is also less of a good idea when you've got little to rebuild with each time.

Until he starts doing the dirty part of the game, you’re most probably right.

The guy stands still and doesn’t track back every time he loses the ball
    He’s not that type of player. Bring back Warnock if you want that style of play

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    He’s not that type of player. Bring back Warnock if you want that style of play
    Are you for real

It’s part of every footballers game.

Agree wholeheartedly with this - hope it doesn't come to replacing him as it means we will have done well enough for him to stay and results will have improved

I feel the calls for him to go now or in the next few games strange as it seems there was a general consensus that we were in transition and it may take time with some ups and downs

Quote Originally Posted by Earnie's bench seat View Post
    It's early days. Even one win and we'd be up to mid table. I think Morison is trying to do the right thing and for that he's got my support.
    I couldn't agree more. I think that SM has taken on a big job and needs to be given time, for the team to gel, and OUR SUPPORT.

Agree with OP

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    I agree with that, lose the next 3 and he should go. We'll be in the relegation zone by then.
    We'll be in the relegation zone this evening if Middlesbrough beat Sunderland.

Morison has managed us for 40 league games, which is almost an entire Championship season. How many good team performances have there been in that time?