+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Over 12k sold for wales women tomorrow now- plenty left for neil warnock though!

Re: Over 12k sold for wales women tomorrow now- plenty left for neil warnock though!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Does the signings he made prior to promotion absolve his transfer activities afterwards?
    Yes, every manager signs players that don't perform as the manager expects. Do you think SM is happy with the way his signings are performing?

Re: Over 12k sold for wales women tomorrow now- plenty left for neil warnock though!

Fergie had decades of success at Man Utd. Warnock had a promising first season, a brilliant second, a crap season in the Prem and a dire return to the Championship.

Do you discount all of Warnock's transfers post promotion because he won promotion?
    His season in the prem wasn't crap. We were relegation battlers no matter who was at the helm. And he nearly performed yet another miracle and kept us up.
    Anyway. Are you saying Fergie was a good manager if you take away all his trophies?

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    His season in the prem wasn't crap. We were relegation battlers no matter who was at the helm. And he nearly performed yet another miracle and kept us up.
    Anyway. Are you saying Fergie was a good manager if you take away all his trophies?
    I've been asked some questions in my time.

A few years ago an elderly gentleman made a bee-line for me as I was standing in a bus stop. He ran as best as he could with a carrier bag of shopping in each hand, shouting for my attention.

"Musical director, musical director" was his last puffs. "I need to know something. Can you play a trumpet with false teeth?"

I cried with laughter for hours, I couldn't even acknowledge him.

Fergie without his trophies or Fergie with them. Hmmm. I'll have to spend some time deciding on this.

I've been asked some questions in my time.

A few years ago an elderly gentleman made a bee-line for me as I was standing in a bus stop. He ran as best as he could with a carrier bag of shopping in each hand, shouting for my attention.

"Musical director, musical director" was his last puffs. "I need to know something. Can you play a trumpet with false teeth?"

I cried with laughter for hours, I couldn't even acknowledge him.

Fergie without his trophies or Fergie with them. Hmmm. I'll have to spend some time deciding on this.
    Did the elderly gentleman say " no no discount Fergie's trophies then judge him. Discount Warnock's miracle performing and just judge his failures"

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Are you saying Fergie was a good manager if you take away all his trophies?
    I'll leave such a question with you, given it's the biggest load of nonsense I've ever read on here, that's with your previous posts included.

I'll leave such a question with you, given it's the biggest load of nonsense I've ever read on here, that's with your previous posts included.
    Yes it is nonesense. Which is precisely what you did with Warnock appraise his tenure but focus on his failures. That's how we get real perspective. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Yes, every manager signs players that don't perform as the manager expects. Do you think SM is happy with the way his signings are performing?
    Can’t wait for Morison’s nationwide tour or will he be busy doing the remake of One Foot In The Grave?

Just got back from Warnock, enjoyable night. £33 I paid, think tickets were on sale last minute today for £15 though.

Few good stories about his time at Cardiff, a bit of a bizzare 5 minutes where he read out some poetry, a bit of a q&a mixed in with some other stuff.

I know a lot of Cardiff fans have turned on him for the state he left us in etc but that’s on the board for me. The memories of that 2018 campaign will live in the memory way longer than the 3 year contracts for flint, bacuna etc or the money wasted on madine etc.

Did enjoy Dai Hunt front and centre then the quiz leaderboard popping up and someone named Dai Hunt’s darlings riding high.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Just got back from Warnock, enjoyable night. £33 I paid, think tickets were on sale last minute today for £15 though.

Few good stories about his time at Cardiff, a bit of a bizzare 5 minutes where he read out some poetry, a bit of a q&a mixed in with some other stuff.

I know a lot of Cardiff fans have turned on him for the state he left us in etc but that’s on the board for me. The memories of that 2018 campaign will live in the memory way longer than the 3 year contracts for flint, bacuna etc or the money wasted on madine etc.
    How full was it?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    How full was it?
    Probably about 75% I’d say at a guess

Bamba and Ralls did a 20 minute spell as special guests.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Probably about 75% I’d say at a guess

Bamba and Ralls did a 20 minute spell as special guests.
    You'd like to think he would sell out really, but so be it.

Cheers

Did anybody ask him why he signed the McKay twins?