my god the replies.

Re: It's Booster Time

Got mine later today

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    my god the replies.
    I'm too sexy for my jab.

I won’t be having mine as I had health complications after the first round but completely respect people’s choice to have it.

I've had 3 jabs in total.
    Need another to go to Qatar in November.

70 now.I've had every vaccine I've ever been offered.I won't stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    70 now.I've had every vaccine I've ever been offered.I won't stop now.
    Don't stop me now I'm having such a good time
    I'm having a jab
    Don't stop me now
    If you wanna have a good time just give me a vaccine call
    Don't stop me now ('Cause I'm having a good time)
    Don't stop me now (Yes I'm havin' a good time)
    I don't want to stop at all

International

Had three and Covid, I am fairly healthy so far, no meds or issues, I think I'll rely on existing immunity and catching covid from now on, if I need one to go on holiday though I will get one.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Had three and Covid, I am fairly healthy so far, no meds or issues, I think I'll rely on existing immunity and catching covid from now on, if I need one to go on holiday though I will get one.
    You are making the serious mistake that you think that you may have some immunity from previous infection or vaccinations, whereas all the evidence is that immunity from both these directions reduces over time and also that the different variations in the virus can evade previous antibodies. If everyone had your attitude then it wouldn't be long before a new more deadly variant evolved. The whole point of getting boosters is that they can be upgraded to combat the latest variants out there. It is therefore very important that everyone who can has the boosters when they are available or we will be right back at square one before you know it. You could also get seriously ill, even though you haven't in the past and even worse pass the virus on to someone else who gets seriously ill. Its all about personal responsibility and thought about protecting other people that you know or meet.

Had mine Monday tea time. Wasn't sure whether to have it as I've had COVID 3 times and felt nowt. Felt OK yesterday but whacked today ! Anyone else the same ?

International

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You are making the serious mistake that you think that you may have some immunity from previous infection or vaccinations, whereas all the evidence is that immunity from both these directions reduces over time and also that the different variations in the virus can evade previous antibodies. If everyone had your attitude then it wouldn't be long before a new more deadly variant evolved. The whole point of getting boosters is that they can be upgraded to combat the latest variants out there. It is therefore very important that everyone who can has the boosters when they are available or we will be right back at square one before you know it. You could also get seriously ill, even though you haven't in the past and even worse pass the virus on to someone else who gets seriously ill. Its all about personal responsibility and thought about protecting other people that you know or meet.
    I don't think I really needed the third but did to reduce the risk of catching and spreading, unless they make it compulsary for flights and alike I'll take my chances, you do whats best for you though

I'm not against the vaccines though, everyone that wants the protection, go and get them, I am not trying to put anyone else off!

It's not been the best of weeks for Steve Barclay, after getting ratioed on Twitter he has now been sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I couldn't agree more, my young 39 yr old niece died in May of covid, slim and healthy with no previous health issues. She had it badly in early 2020 (pre vaccines) and again in early May 2022, having had jabs. The post mortem spotted heart inflammation, caused by the virus. So, so sad. Also spoke to a young Dr earlier who has been off work for 12 months with long covid. It's serious, get your jabs 👍
    Last edited by tomcat; 07-09-22 at 22:39. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I couldn't agree more, my young 39 yr old niece died in May of covid, slim and healthy with no previous health issues. She had it badly in early 2020 (pre vaccines) and again in early May 2022, having had jabs.
    So sorry to hear of this, which sadly mirrors the tragedies of many lives lost to this terrible scourge.
    As I see it, we have a balancing act between the efficacy of new vaccines and their possible side effects (from which people have also died)
    For me, the knowledge that the autumn Mod and Pf vaccines have only been tested at present on eight mice (but not on humans) definitely affects my decision about whether to accept the offer of the new vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    So sorry to hear of this, which sadly mirrors the tragedies of many lives lost to this terrible scourge.
    As I see it, we have a balancing act between the efficacy of new vaccines and their possible side effects (from which people have also died)
    For me, the knowledge that the autumn Mod and Pf vaccines have only been tested at present on eight mice (but not on humans) definitely affects my decision about whether to accept the offer of the new vaccine.
    Isn’t it the same vaccine with slight tweaks? I can’t see anything about only being tested on 8 mice anywhere. Any links?

As far as I’m aware the initial studies are in mice and then in clinical trials. Maybe it’s different with a tweaked version of the same vaccine but I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t just be 8 mice then straight out.

For the BA.4/BA.5 boosters, the companies have submitted animal data. They have not released those data publicly, although at the June FDA meeting, Pfizer presented preliminary findings in eight mice given BA.4/BA.5 vaccines as their third dose. Compared with the mice that received the original vaccine as a booster, the animals showed an increased response to all Omicron variants tested: BA.1, BA.2, BA.2.12.1, BA.4, and BA.5.

The companies say clinical trials for the BA.4/BA.5 vaccines will begin next month; they need clinical data both for full approval of the vaccines—their recent submissions are only for emergency use authorization—and to help develop future updates. Presumably they will measure recipients’ antibody levels, but not the vaccine’s efficacy against infection or severe disease. Such trials are very expensive and were not done for the BA.1 shot either.
    I think the U.K. is using the BA.1 anyway and not the .4 and .5

Weird that I can never remember anyone worrying about this with the updates flu vaccine every year.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder’s Mam View Post
    Isn’t it the same vaccine with slight tweaks? I can’t see anything about only being tested on 8 mice anywhere. Any links?

As far as I’m aware the initial studies are in mice and then in clinical trials. Maybe it’s different with a tweaked version of the same vaccine but I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t just be 8 mice then straight out.
    sorry but if you had spent any time reading the politics board then you'll know that we both don't know what the effect will be as insufficient testing has been done yet also we somehow know that 50% of people will die in the next 5 years or something like that.

I think the U.K. is using the BA.1 anyway and not the .4 and .5.
    Eh?
    Just how informed are you? What would be the point of vaccinating against BA 1 which is virtually redundant anyway.

This is misleading.
    Decision was made on “totality of available evidence.”

This includes animal studies on the BA.4/5 boosters, clinical trials of bivalent BA.1 boosters, clinical trials of the original vaccines and boosters, and ongoing monitoring of the safety of the current vaccines.

Experts told Healthline that — given this evidence and the fact that the BA.4/5 bivalent boosters are so similar to the BA.1 boosters — there’s no question that the newly authorized bivalent vaccines are safe.

As someone else has commented, I dont think many people queuing up for the tweaked flu vaccine every year cause a big drama, but because it's covid and there's so much disinformation out there, everyone starts doubting the science which got us as close to normality as we are now!

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    This is misleading.
    Decision was made on “totality of available evidence.”
    You've been selective here.
    The first line of that Healthcare report confirms that the vaccine has not been tested on humans.
    The rest is just fine words.

You've been selective here.
    The first line of that Healthcare report confirms that the vaccine has not been tested on humans.
    The rest is just fine words.
    Because it’s so similar to the BA.1 vaccine and clinical trials will happen. This is exactly how the flu vaccine has always been updated.

Because it’s so similar to the BA.1 vaccine and clinical trials will happen. This is exactly how the flu vaccine has always been updated.
    It's more than a BA1 vaccine.
    "clinical trials will happen" - is that of any relevance to someone having the jab today?

Blog Entries

It's more than a BA1 vaccine.
    "clinical trials will happen" - is that of any relevance to someone having the jab today?
    I'm going to give mine a miss today now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I'm going to give mine a miss today now.
    As if you even had an appointment!
    It's ME you're talking to here.
    And I know you have no antipathy towards mice anyway.
    (Little Stirrer!)