+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Booster Time

Blog Entries

Re: It's Booster Time

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    As if you even had an appointment!
    It's ME you're talking to here.
    And I know you have no antipathy towards mice anyway.
    (Little Stirrer!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    You've been selective here.
    The first line of that Healthcare report confirms that the vaccine has not been tested on humans.
    The rest is just fine words.
    No, the point is that it is very similar to previous, which HAVE been tested, with small tweaks. Your post was misleading in that to the unknowing, it's a new vaccine altogether, only tested on a handful (or two handfuls in this case) of mice.

Scientists off the back of that have decided it is without question, safe. Scientists who are a massively more informed and clever in the field of the vaccine than you, and without any shadow of a doubt, me. Without agenda.

Why do people feel the need to tell potential strangers of their private medical information. I find it bizarre to the extreme.

I have had four and having my fifth on Wednesday then every three months after, on medical grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You are making the serious mistake that you think that you may have some immunity from previous infection or vaccinations, whereas all the evidence is that immunity from both these directions reduces over time and also that the different variations in the virus can evade previous antibodies. If everyone had your attitude then it wouldn't be long before a new more deadly variant evolved. The whole point of getting boosters is that they can be upgraded to combat the latest variants out there. It is therefore very important that everyone who can has the boosters when they are available or we will be right back at square one before you know it. You could also get seriously ill, even though you haven't in the past and even worse pass the virus on to someone else who gets seriously ill. Its all about personal responsibility and thought about protecting other people that you know or meet.

Can see where you're coming from, but I don't agree that people being unjabbed is likely to encourage mutation of new variations.

I think it's right to encourage the vulnerable to have their jabs and to encourage people to be sensible and keep away from others for a few days if they are ill. From what I've seen, the advice from the experts isn't that everyone needs a booster, only at risk categories.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder’s Mam View Post
    Because it’s so similar to the BA.1 vaccine and clinical trials will happen. This is exactly how the flu vaccine has always been updated.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think the traditional flu vaccines used mRNA technology?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Why do people feel the need to tell potential strangers of their private medical information. I find it bizarre to the extreme.
    I had piles a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I had piles a few years ago.
    You should try having piles and the clap at the same time mate!

Denmark, who was one of the first countries to relax Covid measures now recommends against people under 50 with no underlying health issues to get vaccinated.

https://www.sst.dk/en/english/corona...ainst-covid-19

Q&A about vaccination

Who will be offered vaccination against covid-19?
    People aged 50 years and over will be offered vaccination.

People aged under 50 who are at a higher risk of becoming severely ill from covid-19 will also be offered vaccination against covid-19.

Staff in the healthcare and elderly care sector as well as in selected parts of the social services sector who have close contact with patients or citizens who are at higher risk of becoming severely ill from covid-19 will also be offered booster vaccination against covid-19.

In addition, we recommend that relatives of persons at particularly higher risk accept the offer of vaccination to protect their relatives who are at particularly higher risk.

Before the start of the vaccination programme, the Danish Health Authority will publish guidelines for which persons aged under 50 are recommended booster vaccination.

Isn’t that just saying that boosters shouldn’t be wasted on fit under 50s until they have enough stock?

Also can this be moved to the other forum, I like that the “free thinkers” are kept off the main board since the split.

Isn’t that just saying that boosters shouldn’t be wasted on fit under 50s until they have enough stock?

Also can this be moved to the other forum, I like that the “free thinkers” are kept off the main board since the split.
    It does say that however ,”free thinkers “ have been suggesting this all along and were called out for being “anti- vaxxers”

They have to be careful how to put the message across hence the ambiguity

Oh mate

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I couldn't agree more, my young 39 yr old niece died in May of covid, slim and healthy with no previous health issues. She had it badly in early 2020 (pre vaccines) and again in early May 2022, having had jabs. The post mortem spotted heart inflammation, caused by the virus. So, so sad. Also spoke to a young Dr earlier who has been off work for 12 months with long covid. It's serious, get your jabs 👍
    That is terrible and very unlucky. So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    That is terrible and very unlucky. So sad.
    That is unlucky and sad, especially if they had the jabs as well , conversely, one of my mates ( a well known City fan ) passed away from vax complications and was previously fit and healthy and was under 40.

That is unlucky and sad, especially if they had the jabs as well , conversely, one of my mates ( a well known City fan ) passed away from vax complications and was previously fit and healthy and was under 40.
    Imagine reading about someone’s family member dying and trying to use it to further stuff like this.

Imagine reading about someone’s family member dying and trying to use it to further stuff like this.
    Which post regarding a family member post are you referring to Cyril ?

I’m not furthering anything , I’m highlighting Denmarks reason to withdraw it offer to mandatory boost under 50’s and offered a viewpoint based on personal experience - imagine that

Hope that helps

This site gets more surreal.

A poster called William Treseders Mam arguing with a poster who is William Treseders multi

I’m the only person using my real name in this thread.

Is that really his multi? I didn’t think even he was that dense

I’m the only person using my real name in this thread.

Is that really his multi? I didn’t think even he was that dense
    Huh you think I’m a “ multi”give your head a wobble, Cyril

Huh you think I’m a “ multi”give your head a wobble, Cyril
    You slipped up the other day flower man

Mate , you look into things too much , seriously

Mate , you look into things too much , seriously
    Nah. It’s not that deep. You ****ed up.
    Replied off the wrong account then quickly edited but not quickly enough me old fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    This site gets more surreal.

A poster called William Treseders Mam arguing with a poster who is William Treseders multi
    I can't even remember whose multi I am supposed to be this week

Explain I’m interested as to why you think that , if your that bothered ask a moderator to check my I.P address.

Explain I’m interested as to why you think that , if your that bothered ask a moderator to check my I.P address.
    I’m not bothered, I couldn’t care less. Like
    I said it ain’t that deep.