+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Parkhead factor

The Parkhead factor

Bit quite really.

It makes me think of how long “Eddie May’s barmy army” used to go on for….probably a good 10 minutes on occasions.

This led me to think that if a managers name doesn’t fit into this chant , maybe it’s a bad omen …or something

Re: The Parkhead factor

I have previously suggested "Super Stevo's Barmy Army", which fits really well, even if it's not particularly accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I have previously suggested "Super Stevo's Barmy Army", which fits really well, even if it's not particularly accurate.
    Angel muffin.

Don’t think I could sing that … to much of a deviation and saying “Steve-oh” sounds a bit wanky.

Nathan Jones barmy army ….. that works

You are looking for 3 syllables.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Syllables has 3 syllables.

"Syllables barmy army"...

‘Morison’s F*cking Barmy’ fits perfectly

Ego Stevo’s Barmy Army

steven morison's failed militia

It's 4 syllables. As in "Frankie Burrows's blue and white army, we're not mad we're ****ing barmy". It frequently went on for longer than 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It's 4 syllables. As in "Frankie Burrows's blue and white army, we're not mad we're ****ing barmy". It frequently went on for longer than 10 minutes.
    3 or 4 works….. Sentence stress also plays a role……Steve Morison has 4 syllables but would sound stupid sung “Steve-mo Ri-son’s”

You need 2 x 1 or 2 x 2 syllables

I have often thought 'Bluebirds' inserted in the Barmy Army chant would work in much the same way Toon Toon works.

At least it is ours then. Barmy Army times 200, while raising the volume and adding atmosphere isn't really City specific is it.

Not necessarily. You're looking for three OR four. 'Eddie May's barmy army' worked, as did 'Neil Warnock's' (3), but so did 'Frankie Burrows' (4).

Not necessarily. You're looking for three OR four. 'Eddie May's barmy army' worked, as did 'Neil Warnock's' (3), but so did 'Frankie Burrows' (4).
    From a call and response song writing perspective 3-4 (2+2) is optimal, so 1-2-3, 1-2-1-2, as opposed to 1-2-3-4, 1-2-1-2. The former has more energy allowing for prolonged repetition.

From a call and response song writing perspective 3-4 (2+2) is optimal, so 1-2-3, 1-2-1-2, as opposed to 1-2-3-4, 1-2-1-2. The former has more energy allowing for prolonged repetition.
    I guess you might also have to factor in the added syllable in surnames ending in the s, sh and ch sounds…..

Lizzy Truss’ (trussis) Blue n white army …..for example

Nathan Jones

Jordan Mutch

Etc

Very complicated

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I have often thought 'Bluebirds' inserted in the Barmy Army chant would work in much the same way Toon Toon works.

At least it is ours then. Barmy Army times 200, while raising the volume and adding atmosphere isn't really City specific is it.
    Super Stevo's herd of bluebirds!

Neil Warnock was sang as 4 syllables though, "Nee-ull War-nock"
    The only time 3 syllables works is if it's 2 then 1 imo

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I guess you might also have to factor in the added syllable in surnames ending in the s, sh and ch sounds…..

Lizzy Truss’ (trussis) Blue n white army …..for example

Nathan Jones

Jordan Mutch

Etc

Very complicated
    That's why Eddie May's Barmy Army was so great (and memorable), and it could go on for 10 minutes. 4 syllables can work, but not in the same way. Tap it out with your finger .. 1-2-3, 1-2-1-2 and then 1-2-3-4, 1-2-1-2. The 1-2-3 is more circular, while the 1-2-3-4 becomes monotonous sooner. Coming up with a good terrace chant is a lot harder than it appears

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Neil Warnock was sang as 4 syllables though, "Nee-ull War-nock"
    The only time 3 syllables works is if it's 2 then 1 imo
    John Toshack's Barmy Army would work?