+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnocks promotion winners v's Morisons new boys

International

Warnocks promotion winners v's Morisons new boys

Warnock would love to play us wouldn't he, how do you think the game would go, players like Ralls could be cloned and play as they did/do for either team?

Score?

Early days mind, Morisons new boys will hopefully develop and improve through the season, they'll have to learn how to deal with the big strong direct teams like Warnock’s promotion team.

Re: Warnocks promotion winners v's Morisons new boys

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Warnock would love to play us wouldn't he, how do you think the game would go, players like Ralls could be cloned and play as they did/do for either team?

Score?

Early days mind, Morisons new boys will hopefully develop and improve through the season, they'll have to learn how to deal with the big strong direct teams like Warnock’s promotion team.
    The song can we play you every week would be appropriate for this fixture.

If it was a boxing match it would be stopped after 20 minutes.

At this stage of that season wed hammered Villa beaten Wolves away , this season weve lost to Reading Bristol City Luton and Millwall.

Ive seen all our games this season apart from WBA and Warnocks side was much better than all of them let alone our side.

Ralls was much better then as well.

One off matches can go either way but if we did play every week 4 or 5 drubbings would happen with regular 2 or 3 goal easy wins.

A more sensible question would be McCarthys side v Morisons.

of course Warnock's promotion side would win.
    on the other hand the side under Warnock when we were back in the championship after relegation were shite

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The song can we play you every week would be appropriate for this fixture.

If it was a boxing match it would be stopped after 20 minutes.

At this stage of that season wed hammered Villa beaten Wolves away , this season weve lost to Reading Bristol City Luton and Millwall.

Ive seen all our games this season apart from WBA and Warnocks side was much better than all of them let alone our side.

Ralls was much better then as well.

One off matches can go either way but if we did play every week 4 or 5 drubbings would happen with regular 2 or 3 goal easy wins.

A more sensible question would be McCarthys side v Morisons.

Agreed chalk and cheese we've gone from Cobra Kai to a softer version of Miyagi-Do, which is against Morisons fighting spirit, I think that’s why he's so frustrated in press conferences and with the team performances in general.

I think he will be trying to get this across to the players and that we will see a bit more fight and aggression on Saturday.

A stupid question would be McCarthys side v Morisons, as who would want to compare our team to a shower of shite that were going down, everyone could beat them he had lost the dressing room?

Warnock's promotion side playing like it did from about February of that season onwards would have lost to Morison's side playing like it did against Birmingham and, possibly, Norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Warnock's promotion side playing like it did from about February of that season onwards would have lost to Morison's side playing like it did against Birmingham and, possibly, Norwich.
    We won 8 on the spin through February and March that season

We won 8 games in a row in Feb and March, we won 1 and drew the other. Warnock’s team would have steamrollered this side. Warnock’s side lost 4 games in the second half of that season.

So you must be confident of a huge change of fortune. We played well v Bham and ok against Norwich but still looked goal shy.

Warnocks side from February won 11 lost 3 drew 3.

We also during that time hammered Leeds away 4-1 , beat Bristol City in a derby and scored 2 goals or more in 9 of those games.

That Warnock side beats the current side easily.

I hope your optimism is correct thougn as if this side is as good as you think it can be we will fly up the table if it can match Warnocks from Feb on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We won 8 games in a row in Feb and March, we won 1 and drew the other. Warnock’s team would have steamrollered this side. Warnock’s side lost 4 games in the second half of that season.
    Exactly. Add in this side is useless defending set pieces and its a no contest.

We got 16 points in February. Scored 10 concede 2

We played poorly in most of those eight games (Brentford and Leeds, if that was in the winning run, was good) and it was a lot about momentum at that time. I still say that this team playing like they did against Birmingham would beat Warnock's team playing like they did against, say, Barnsley, Bolton, Reading and Sheffield United in the second half of the promotion season.

None of that means that I don't think the promotion team would be beat this one seven or eight times out of ten, but they have had two games where they have played to a good standard for this division - on that form they could beat the promotion side on a bad day.

We got 8 points from those games you mention.

Do you honestly believe Warnocks side from February onwards would be as poor as Birmingham.? Of course not.

No way would this side dominate as much.

Hold Warnocks side to a clean sheet with the set piece threat and thats without taking into account that side also had a number of very good players.

We got 8 points from those games you mention.

Do you honestly believe Warnocks side from February onwards would be as poor as Birmingham.? Of course not.

No way would this side dominate as much.

Hold Warnocks side to a clean sheet with the set piece threat and thats without taking into account that side also had a number of very good players.
    So, you’re saying that ten times out of ten Warnock’s side would beat the current team? Warnock’s team lost one out of two games played against 21st placed Bolton and nineteenth place Birmingham, while failing to beat twentieth placed Reading in either game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    of course Warnock's promotion side would win.
    on the other hand the side under Warnock when we were back in the championship after relegation were shite
    We had 21 points from 16 games when we sacked Warnock. The performances were mediocre considering the amount of money that we spent in the summer, but we never looked like relegation candidates.

Some interesting attempts to rewrite history in this thread.

So, you’re saying that ten times out of ten Warnock’s side would beat the current team? Warnock’s team lost one out of two games played against 21st placed Bolton and nineteenth place Birmingham, while failing to beat twentieth placed Reading in either game.
    Anything can happen in one off matches. Our team who won the Football League Championship lost twice against a Peterboro side who were relegated.

Of course Warnocks side could lose this hypothetical match.

The likelihood is that side who smashed Leeds in the period you talked about won 11 games would win and win easily. They were superb at set pieces at both ends and incredibly tough and physical and mentally strong.

You mention the Sheff Utd game. We didnt play well but grabbed a late equaliser. This side would likely have folded.

Reading home less face it last 30 minutes both sides were happy with a draw. Thanks to Fulham losing it was a promotion party. I reckon if wed needed the win wed have got it.

Warnocks side February onwards I say 8 times out of 10 wins and wins easily. They would be this sides worse nightmare.

Id like to know how you think this side even on its good day ( Birmingham) has the edge.

We cant have it both ways or can we ?? we moaned about previous managers tactics, now were worried as we try shape a new style with a completely new team , this cant be done overnight

Perfect squad for me would be ball players like we have now , a few nutters around to bring on and intimidate , strangely as a player Morison put it about ..

The other thing missing is belief and confidence couple of wins and this team would play a lot better .

City till I die can't wait for "Saturday To Come "

Anything can happen in one off matches. Our team who won the Football League Championship lost twice against a Peterboro side who were relegated.

Of course Warnocks side could lose this hypothetical match.

The likelihood is that side who smashed Leeds in the period you talked about won 11 games would win and win easily. They were superb at set pieces at both ends and incredibly tough and physical and mentally strong.

You mention the Sheff Utd game. We didnt play well but grabbed a late equaliser. This side would likely have folded.

Reading home less face it last 30 minutes both sides were happy with a draw. Thanks to Fulham losing it was a promotion party. I reckon if wed needed the win wed have got it.

Warnocks side February onwards I say 8 times out of 10 wins and wins easily. They would be this sides worse nightmare.

Id like to know how you think this side even on its good day ( Birmingham) has the edge.
    You’ve said much the same as I am in your first two paragraphs. As I mentioned, I’d back Warnock’s team to beat the current one seven or eight times out of ten, but there would be the occasional game where it wouldn’t happen for one reason or another - that’s all I’m saying.

You’ve said much the same as I am in your first two paragraphs. As I mentioned, I’d back Warnock’s team to beat the current one seven or eight times out of ten, but there would be the occasional game where it wouldn’t happen for one reason or another - that’s all I’m saying.
    👍 thats fair enough. From your 1st reply you said Warnocks side would have lost.

I took it as you thought this side would be the more likely winner. Not would have lost the odd game.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We had 21 points from 16 games when we sacked Warnock. The performances were mediocre considering the amount of money that we spent in the summer, but we never looked like relegation candidates.
    No we weren't going down, but we had parachute money, that's like triple the resources of most other teams alone - we should have been huge favourites to go straight back up and that was never going to happen

Warnock’s team also battered Villa and convincingly won away to Wolves. They would win 7/8 out of 10, and lose maybe once. They were a far superior side to this team. That’s why they got 90 points and this one will be lucky to get 55/60.

Some really odd revisionism going on. The 17/18 side was fantastic. They weren’t everyone’s cup of tea but they would murder teams that played like we do. Forest that year for example under Warburton. Teams that play possession with no real plan were Warnock’s dream. It was when we came up against real quality with an idea that we struggled.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Warnock’s team also battered Villa and convincingly won away to Wolves. They would win 7/8 out of 10, and lose maybe once. They were a far superior side to this team. That’s why they got 90 points and this one will be lucky to get 55/60.

Some really odd revisionism going on. The 17/18 side was fantastic. They weren’t everyone’s cup of tea but they would murder teams that played like we do. Forest that year for example under Warburton. Teams that play possession with no real plan were Warnock’s dream. It was when we came up against real quality with an idea that we struggled.
    Real quality who could bully us back, which luckily was few and far between. I agree with you though, Warnock's promotion team would steamroller the current side, they'd have beaten them in the tunnel before the game.