+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Interesting Guardian Article

Interesting Guardian Article

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...does-that-mean

Wednesday briefing: Liz Truss has appointed the most diverse cabinet ever. What does that mean?
    In today’s newsletter: None of the four most senior jobs in the British government will be held by a white man. How did the Tories get here – and why is it so difficult for Labour?

Which party is the more diverse ???????????????

This is not point scoring its a genuine question ???????

Re: Interesting Guardian Article

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Wednesday briefing: Liz Truss has appointed the most diverse cabinet ever. What does that mean?
    In today’s newsletter: None of the four most senior jobs in the British government will be held by a white man. How did the Tories get here – and why is it so difficult for Labour?

Course it is. I’ll give credit to the Conservatives for the diversity in the top four jobs but the Shadow cabinet has women in the Chancellor and Home Secretary jobs and a black man as Foreign Secretary.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Course it is. I’ll give credit to the Conservatives for the diversity in the top four jobs but the Shadow cabinet has women in the Chancellor and Home Secretary jobs and a black man as Foreign Secretary.
    And three female leaders , pity Labour didn't grasp that moment after Corbyn ..

There's women but not as we now it Jim.

And three female leaders , pity Labour didn't grasp that moment after Corbyn ..
    So, there’s nothing to be seen as far as three of the top four jobs go then is there. As for the biggest job, there is the possibility that Labour would have had a female leader by now if Margaret Beckett, and maybe one or two other woman MPs, had not nominated Jeremy Corbyn for leader because it was thought that the left of the party would not have a representative in the election.

Couldn't care less what people's skin colour is - will leave that to others. Reflecting society is important though so it's good to see a diverse cabinet and quite funny that it is the identity politics obsessives that also tend to hate the Tories, so it must be a confusing time for them.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Couldn't care less what people's skin colour is - will leave that to others. Reflecting society is important though so it's good to see a diverse cabinet and quite funny that it is the identity politics obsessives that also tend to hate the Tories, so it must be a confusing time for them.
    No comment on the OP, who clearly doesn't dislike the Tories but is obsessed with identity politics

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    No comment on the OP, who clearly doesn't dislike the Tories but is obsessed with identity politics
    I'm not sure he is obsessed with identity politics is he?

Anyway, I send 'tend' to teflon coat my post

Why does skin colour matter? I am more concerned with those in power being able to relate to ordinary people.

To be fair to Truss she has tried to be every part of the political spectrum at some time in her life but I am not sure old Etonian Kwasi or 20k a year private school Cleverly can. Therese Coughy I have some time for, she's a degenerate fat pisshead like me and perfectly suited to being health secretary.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I'm not sure he is obsessed with identity politics is he?

Anyway, I send 'tend' to teflon coat my post
    Err he talks about how labour should have a female leader almost every day, without ever saying who or why.

Err he talks about how labour should have a female leader almost every day, without ever saying who or why.
    I genuinely hadn't noticed, although I imagine he's winding you lot up

That's an untruth I've mentioned many capable female candidates that could have been its leader.. You choose just to select certain comments that fit your own .. narrative .

Harriet Harman .
    Yvette Cooper.
    Jess Phillips.
    Lisa Nandy
    To name a few

This might help you understand the issues. The hard left has never been keen on woman..

https://www.youngfabians.org.uk/labo...omen_s_problem

That's an untruth I've mentioned many capable female candidates that could have been its leader.. You choose just to select certain comments that fit your own .. narrative .

Harriet Harman .
    Yvette Cooper.
    Jess Phillips.
    Lisa Nandy
    To name a few

This might help you understand the issues. The hard left has never been keen on woman..

https://www.youngfabians.org.uk/labo...omen_s_problem
    You're so lame. You'll be celebrating in 2066

Not more evidence of diversity here.

https://www.nationalworld.com/news/p...just-7-3834693